Twister

Bowie State Student Stabbed To Death in Unprovoked Random Attack While Visiting UMD-College Park

113 posts in this topic

According to UMD police, the Bowie State student was assaulted with a knife near Montgomery Hall on Regents Drive, just after 3 am. He was taken to the hospital, but did not survive his injuries.

Quote

 

Prince George's County police stopped a male suspect on Regents Drive near the same location, and witnesses identified him as the person who assaulted the victim. The suspect, whom police say is a University of Maryland student, was taken into UMD police custody, and charges are pending.

UMD police say the attack was random, unprovoked and the two did not know each other. The victim has not been identified, but police say they will release his name after next of kin has been notified. The name of the suspect has yet to be released.

The suspect, a male University of Maryland student, was immediately apprehended and taken into University of Maryland Police Department custody. The investigation into the circumstances of the assault is underway, and charges are pending

 

The incident was captured on a surveillance camera.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sick world we live in. Used to be that a college campus was one of the few places where one always felt safe.

RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sad, rip.....

Son came home yesterday, lives pretty close to there :( .......

Edited by Eastside Terp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Sad, rip.....

Son came home yesterday, lives pretty close to there :( .......

Glad he got home. How things have changed.....not too long ago the biggest concern was the child failing and dropping out or getting pregnant (or getting someone). Now....sheeshhhh I would imagine that you and others as parents wonder....well should i get him/her that new laptop or body armor.

Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad, times have changed. He was probably stabbed to death for "disrespecting" the other guy or even something as little as stepping on the other guys air jordans. We get a couple of these killings at Morgan and Coppin every year now. This happens all the time and my theory is the senseless black on black murders are what subconsciously lead to support for the black lives matter movement, the only problem was that the leaders didn't have the courage to channel the cause to bring awareness to the real issue of black lives not mattering to black people themselves and instead they displaced the anger towards innocent white police officers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, genghiskhanraven said:

Very sad, times have changed. He was probably stabbed to death for "disrespecting" the other guy or even something as little as stepping on the other guys air jordans. We get a couple of these killings at Morgan and Coppin every year now. This happens all the time and my theory is the senseless black on black murders are what subconsciously lead to support for the black lives matter movement, the only problem was that the leaders didn't have the courage to channel the cause to bring awareness to the real issue of black lives not mattering to black people themselves and instead they displaced the anger towards innocent white police officers. 

The suspect is white, the victim black.

Edited by Baltimatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dbknews.com/2017/05/20/university-police-investigate-homicide-regents-drive/

 

 

Quote

 

The victim was an African-American man and a student at Bowie State University, University Police Chief David Mitchell said at a news conference Saturday afternoon. The suspect is a white man and a student at this university.

 

University Police intends to charge the suspect with first- and second-degree murder, Mitchell said. His name will not be released until these charges are filed, but Mitchell added the student was not set to graduate on Tuesday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

The suspect is white, the victim black.

Hoo boy. How did you pick this up matt? NEVER MIND ....SAW THE UPDATED LINK. Thanks for the update.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

The suspect is white, the victim black.

Holy cow,

lock that white thug up and throw away the key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so rare, are we sure this isn't a parody link from some site like the onion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I provided  a link to the Diamondback article in my subsequent post.  It's also in the WaPo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, genghiskhanraven said:

Holy cow,

lock that white thug up and throw away the key. 

 

1 minute ago, genghiskhanraven said:

This is so rare, are we sure this isn't a parody link from some site like the onion?

Quit before you embarrass yourself even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I said is true and this guy being white doesn't change that.

please link the follow ups, I didn't know anyone in college who carried a knife around, this guy isn't going to be some lilly white frat guy,you can also bet CNN is already down there trying to see if they can link the killer to Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is really a shame....and I really see this coming. There will be MUCH MORE OF AN OUTCRY about this one white on black killing then there has been about the many black on black killings in BC alone.

SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

What is really a shame....and I really see this coming. There will be MUCH MORE OF AN OUTCRY about this one white on black killing then there has been about the many black on black killings in BC alone.

SMH

Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Link?

Link? Link what? The entire Sun archives?

Face it MM as much as you would like to believe that the blacklivesmatter thing is unbiased it is not. Nor is the NAACP or the Sun.

If a white person does some harm to a black person it is wall by wall coverage....and rightly so. As it should be for anyone of any color.

However....with all the homicides in BC....do you see or hear of blacklivesmatter....or the NAACP stepping up to apply pressure on the BC gooberment (headed by mostly blacks I will add) they do go after Davis (white of course)....and the Sun is so scared of offending that when giving a description of a suspect ...it will tell  you the color of the shoelaces he wore....but not the color. Or is that just an assumption on the part of the Sun that something bad happened and you should assume a black was involved?

The only people that seem to care are those that hold the candle virgils and the religious leaders. And that is a one off for the most part. Oh dead....it is a shame....we gotta do something....opps another one down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/stabbing-at-university-of-maryland-leaves-one-dead/2017/05/20/0e09d9d8-3d65-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.22ce6a748dd7#comments

Quote

 

Police recovered a folding knife, and the suspect had been drinking, [Police Chief David B.] Mitchell said. The suspect is white and the victim was black, but the crime did not appear to be racially motivated, he said.

The suspect faces first- and second-degree murder charges and the incident was captured on surveillance video, Mitchell said.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Link? Link what? The entire Sun archives?

Face it MM as much as you would like to believe that the blacklivesmatter thing is unbiased it is not. Nor is the NAACP or the Sun.

If a white person does some harm to a black person it is wall by wall coverage....and rightly so. As it should be for anyone of any color.

However....with all the homicides in BC....do you see or hear of blacklivesmatter....or the NAACP stepping up to apply pressure on the BC gooberment (headed by mostly blacks I will add) they do go after Davis (white of course)....and the Sun is so scared of offending that when giving a description of a suspect ...it will tell  you the color of the shoelaces he wore....but not the color. Or is that just an assumption on the part of the Sun that something bad happened and you should assume a black was involved?

The only people that seem to care are those that hold the candle virgils and the religious leaders. And that is a one off for the most part. Oh dead....it is a shame....we gotta do something....opps another one down.

 

Do you recall the Stephen Pitcairn murder?  Zach Sowers?  The death of the white victims grabbed a lot of attention.

Edited by Baltimatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note from University on arrest of Severna Park man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Do you recall the Stephen Pitcairn murder?  Zach Sowers?  The death of the white victims grabbed a lot of attention.

Yes....and honestly....in the context of my previous posts and it's content I don't 'get' what you are driving at?

Did blacklivesmatter and the NAACP show up a scream about the death of a white guy? Did I miss that?

Signed Confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Yes....and honestly....in the context of my previous posts and it's content I don't 'get' what you are driving at?

Did blacklivesmatter and the NAACP show up a scream about the death of a white guy? Did I miss that?

Signed Confused.

What I'm saying is what really gets attention is the murder of a white person, or perhaps a young child of any race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Note from University on arrest of Severna Park man.

 

Shame good ol' Maybeland doesn't have a death penalty anymore. What kind of sick puppy does this ....purely out of the blue? It will be interesting to see what 'excuse' his lawyers come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Shame good ol' Maybeland doesn't have a death penalty anymore. What kind of sick puppy does this ....purely out of the blue? It will be interesting to see what 'excuse' his lawyers come up with.

I agree, death should be his penalty. I don't care about his record, childhood, blood alcohol level, etc. I hope he goes away for life. He ended another life. Why should he ever enjoy freedom again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baltimatt said:

What I'm saying is what really gets attention is the murder of a white person, or perhaps a young child of any race.

So would it be a strech to say that media etc. have become 'numb' to 'oooohhhh my, another black criminal has been killed....next'? I am NOT trying to be a wise guy.... I mean that truthfully.

Ok so I guess you are agreeing with me that there is something wrong ...when a white or a child gets killed (and compared to black deaths in is a fraction) the media and the whomevers go all nuts....mean while back at the ranch....no one blinks an eye about those black deaths ....comparatively. Even those that are supposed to be 'standing up' for blacks such as 'blacklivesmatter' and the NAACP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now