Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

MTA BaltimoreLink Discussion Thread

178 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

It was nice.  Caught up with all of my old co-workers.   On the bus heading home.  I hope I can make my connection in Atlantic City.   We're running late. 

see matt ....that is the problem with mass transit.

if you get delayed, the bus is off schedule, the train doesn't arrive, or geeee wizzzzz the company you work for (as I did) has a meeting that runs over or at quitting time. :rolleyes: like I had one....decides to have a meeting at ohhh 8 hundred hours....and you as a mass commuter is screwed.

See.....well yah....and THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU ...not just matt.

Bus/mass transit is based on a 9-5 punch the clock enviornment. Not the 'always on call....you better be available enviornment. Well,...gee the meeting ran over 5 minutes....the train left....you are screwed for an hour till the next one. Been there, done that ....got the tee shirt.

I loved riding the subway and MARC... I could be brain dead till I had to get in my car. Sorry an hour out of my life waiting for my transportation...well SUCKS....especially when most of it is way out of my control.

Glad I am retired. I watch the lemmings in their cars etc. ....glad I am out of it.

Loved my job(s)....absolutely hated the commute. But see I went long distances for a job....I didn't expect it at my door step.

Edited by Guido2

Well, I missed my connection by about five minutes.  That was the last 319 express bus to Toms River for the day.  Now I have to wait for the local 559 which goes up US 9 instead of the parkway.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:17 PM, Baltimatt said:

Well, I missed my connection by about five minutes.  That was the last 319 express bus to Toms River for the day.  Now I have to wait for the local 559 which goes up US 9 instead of the parkway.

Proves my point. And you are a seasoned verteran of the bus wars. :D Imagine a newbie or an out of towner?

Hopefully the rest of your trip was safe!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year BTW.