Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

MTA BaltimoreLink Schedules; BaltimoreLink now in effect, free rides until June 30th.

145 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 11:27 AM, stevez51 said:

It takes 6 months to start your payments. Then they hold the 1st month, so its really 7. Depending on which day of the month you are considered permanently disabled the time could start the following month. Within the first 2-3 days of the month they start that month, anything after goes to the next month.

Some of those disability companies take a percentage if you have been trying for awhile. You can get back benefits if you were out longer than 6 months.That's where they make their money.

Steve, the Feds have created a maximum amount that

lawyers can take out of your back money. This is $6,000.00

or 25% of your initial check.  I used a law firm to get my money.

PS: I started getting my money within about 3 months.

2 hours ago, DaJellyBelly said:

Steve, the Feds have created a maximum amount that

lawyers can take out of your back money. This is $6,000.00

or 25% of your initial check.  I used a law firm to get my money.

PS: I started getting my money within about 3 months.

But how long was it from when you 1st applied..?? Mine was initial claim to 1st deposit.

Surprised KSweeley isn't here reporting his adventures.

After checking into my hotel downtown, I went to Baltimore Street at the Royal Farms Arena and decided to catch a CityLink Red to Towson.  Unfortunately,  it was late, so I finally hopped on a 71 (Patapsco Light Rail via Cherry Hill) and got off near Harbor Hospital, crossed over to the northbound side of Hanover Street, and the Silver was in view.  I took that up to The Alameda & 33rd St. and waited for the southbound Green.  I didn't see a BaltimoreLink bus stop sign at southbound The Alameda (the old one was there) so I walked down to The Alameda and Kirk where there was a sign.  The 6:20 Green never came, so I was waiting there till about 6:47 and came back downtown.

I first took the Red CityLink from 33rd and Greenmount to University of Maryland, many people complaining about the new bus routes and asking why did MTA need to totally change the buses and many said they want the old system back. People were asking where are schedules for the CityLink Red since the bus I was on had zero schedules on board. The bus I took was a 40 foot bus and it got crowded very fast.

I then walked down Greene to Pratt to transfer to the CityLink Brown, got on the CityLink Brown and took it to White Marsh Mall, people on the CityLink Brown bus I was on also were complaining about how sudden the changes were and also saying they wanted the old system back. Again, the CityLink Brown bus I was on was a 40 foot bus and it got crowded, got packed right after it left downtown.

I explored White Marsh Mall a bit since it's been a while since I was at White Marsh Mall, I then walked back to the bus stop and took the #56 instead of waiting for a CityLink Brown. Again, people on the #56 was complaining about the new bus routes and many said they wanted the old bus system back. Discovered the #56 had a stop at Greenmount and Madison so I walked over to the CityLink Red stop headed to the Lutherville/Towson direction and there was a large group of people waiting for the bus and many said they were waiting for the #8, I said "The #8 won't come anymore." and some said "Yes it will, it came yesterday. I'll just wait, it's annoying seeing all these CityLink Reds coming by but no 8s." and I tried telling them "The 8 won't be coming, it got discontinued." but this group would not listen.

I got on the CityLink Red and took it to the Macy's stop and walked in the mall to get out of the entrance that faces the Fairmount and Towson Gate stop and waited for the CityLink Red bus to take it back to 33rd and Greenmount again. Got on the CityLink Red bus and heard people complaining about the bus routes yet again and again people saying they want the old system back. Took it to 33rd and Greenmount and walked home.

I'm planning on riding the buses again tomorrow

KSweeley, did you call the whaaaambulance for them?  This has only  been in the works for 1 1/2 years.

I'm sitting here with KSweeley on the CityLink Navy.

Hey guys. Where are you guys headed? where does the navy line go? 

There is both a Navy and a Blue line.  I guess the MTA ran out of colors.  There's always plaid or paisley.

5 minutes ago, microg said:

There is both a Navy and a Blue line.  I guess the MTA ran out of colors.  There's always plaid or paisley.

Oh, also a Lime and Green. 

24 minutes ago, microg said:

Oh, also a Lime and Green. 

LOL. I just noticed that too.

2 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Hey guys. Where are you guys headed? where does the navy line go? 

We both got on at Mondawmin and met up by chance. I was heading downtown to catch the 94 Fort McHenry out to my old job.  KSweeley went farther.

I saw the pink line on LaFayette this morning.  Cute.

2 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

We both got on at Mondawmin and met up by chance. I was heading downtown to catch the 94 Fort McHenry out to my old job.  KSweeley went farther.

Awesome. What a coinky-dink. How'd you two know one another. You've met before, or saw photos?

3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

I saw the pink line on LaFayette this morning.  Cute.

I took a ride on the Pink Line today.

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Awesome. What a coinky-dink. How'd you two know one another. You've met before, or saw photos?

We've met before.  I used to live about two blocks from him.

Hi everyone,

I did meet BaltiMatt today on my BaltimoreLink journey. The routes to me are easy to figure out, some of the CityLink buses I took today got very crowded. I'm glad I got home right before the thunder and heavy rain started.

3 minutes ago, KSweeley said:

Hi everyone,

I did meet BaltiMatt today on my BaltimoreLink journey. The routes to me are easy to figure out, some of the CityLink buses I took today got very crowded. I'm glad I got home right before the thunder and heavy rain started.

Yes, I got back to my hotel shortly before the rain started.

I started downtown with a trip on the Yellow to Mondawmin, where I transferred to the Navy to head back downtown  and ran into KSweeley.  I got off on Pratt St. to catch the 94 out to McHenry Row in Locust Point, where I used to work, chatted with my former co-workers, and got a haircut.  I then headed down to Key Highway to catch the 71 downtown via Key Highway, which hadn't previously had MTA service.

When I texted the stop number to 68263 (MTAMD), I was informed there was no service at that stop!  Still, a bus was along in about 2 minutes.  I took that downtown and had lunch at Nandos on W. Baltimore St., then walked up to Fayette just in time to catch a Green Line to West Baltimore MARC Station.  There i transferred to to CityLink Pink to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where I boarded LocalLink 21 to Woodbury Light Rail and back downtown on the Light Rail.  The 21 introduces service to 25th St., which did not have any prior bus service, but there is a rather large gap between the far-side stop at Greenmount Ave. and the next stop far-side at Maryland Ave.

There is a lot of cofusion, and many people are complaining.  Some people are going with the flow.

10 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

You're  celebrity Matt. I couldn't hear any sound from the link, but nice hat. ;)

I think the default is no sound, but if you click the crossed-out speaker icon, the sound comes through.

Matt, you belong at the track with that hat. Nice!

On 6/4/2017 at 1:52 PM, DaJellyBelly said:

Matt, When I was determined to be medically unfit by the State of MD.

I immediately got medical retirement from them. However, when I went

to Social Security. They made me jump through more hoops than a gymnast!

One night I saw an ad on cable for an outfit called Binder & Binder. They stated

that if they didn't win you your claim that there was no fee!!

I gave them a call and they took my info and said that they would review it

and let me know in 1-2 days of their decision. They called me and sent me the forms to fill 

out. My only out of pocket expense was for the medical records required, which was nominal.

I had my money within about 6-8 weeks!:)

Contact me privately if you would like more details.

DaJellyBelly

PS: I considered their fee to be reasonable.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:27 AM, stevez51 said:

It takes 6 months to start your payments. Then they hold the 1st month, so its really 7. Depending on which day of the month you are considered permanently disabled the time could start the following month. Within the first 2-3 days of the month they start that month, anything after goes to the next month.

Some of those disability companies take a percentage if you have been trying for awhile. You can get back benefits if you were out longer than 6 months.That's where they make their money.

I got official notice today that I had been approved for Social Security Disability beginning in October (for September).  I filed at the beginning of April after I stopped working.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-mta-town-hall-20170626-story.html

Baltimore's transit worker's union will host a town hall meeting Monday night for Maryland Transit Administration workers and riders to discuss problems associated with the BaltimoreLink bus system.  David McClure, president of the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1300, said the city's $135 million bus route overhaul has been "a big mess" and created more problems that it's solved since it launched on June 18.

"We should have one objective — to provide a safe, efficient and effective service for the public," McClure said. "We haven't done that at all."  McClure cited buses not arriving in time as a primary concern for the ATU Local 1300, among other issues. He added that some elderly residents in the city now have to walk further to get their nearest bus stop.

The meeting is at the War Memorial Building, 101 N. Gay Street, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Is it only elderly residents who have to walk farther to get to their bus stops?

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/some-riders-do-not-deem-baltimorelink-as-an-improvement/10214909

"We hope people come out and convey their concerns over the problems with BaltimoreLink, or should I say, miss link, because no one is getting where they need to be," ATU Local 1300 President David McClure said.

That's strange. I used BaltimoreLink to get where I was going.  And what's with WBAL-TV using old footage of the old routes?

It wouldn't be perfect from the start, but it sounds like a complete mess, which is unfortunate.

If Baltimore isn't going to build a real, world-class transit system with heavy-rail or light rail, the aim should be to have the best bus system in the country. They weren't within eyesight of that before, and they may be even further from that now.

A real disappointment but it's also not surprising.