Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

MTA BaltimoreLink Schedules; BaltimoreLink now in effect, free rides until June 30th.

114 posts in this topic

MM--

Down for a couple of days and went to the Local Oyster. Nice, juicy oysters.

What's the deal with some of these bus stops.  Madison Street through Mt. Vernon has not had bus service before, and the only stops on the CityLink Pink are at Guilford and Eutaw.  Apparently they are going to add a stop at Charles, but why wasn't that done in June?  I've already mentioned a lack of stops on 25th Street.

The 76 is a joke. I took a long walk up Wilkens Avenue to get my dad a quarter pounder for dinner. I passed Wilkens and Caton and there were a bunch of folks on both sides of the street waiting for the 76. It took me about 30 minutes to get to McD and back and those people were still waiting on both sides. Every 15 minutes my butt! 45 minutes later and they were still waiting on both sides. 

Baltimore Link = Baltimore STINK

So Thursday I was stuck in traffic on Pratt and it must have took at least 30 minutes to go from MLK to President St.  Buses were barely moving any faster in their "exclusive" lanes.  Who needs rail?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

So Thursday I was stuck in traffic on Pratt and it must have took at least 30 minutes to go from MLK to President St.  Buses were barely moving any faster in their "exclusive" lanes.  Who needs rail?  :rolleyes:

I wonder why that was.  A lot of passenger loadings and unloadings?  Cars making right turns?  People just using the bus only lanes?

I was  on the Blue line yesterday and there was a fire on Edmondson Avenue just west of Hilton Street.  We had to get off the articulated bus and onto a 40' bus, make a U-turn, and then a detour following the route of the 78 (old 20).  I thought those articulated buses were more maneuverable than the 40' regular buses.  That fire might have also affected the Red Line, had it been built.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

I wonder why that was.  A lot of passenger loadings and unloadings?  Cars making right turns?  People just using the bus only lanes?

I was  on the Blue line yesterday and there was a fire on Edmondson Avenue just west of Hilton Street.  We had to get off the articulated bus and onto a 40' bus, make a U-turn, and then a detour following the route of the 78 (old 20).  I thought those articulated buses were more maneuverable than the 40' regular buses.  That fire might have also affected the Red Line, had it been built.

The usual downtown traffic reasons.  People in the wrong lane, people in the bus only lane, people blocking intersections.  I think some traffic cops were actually making it worse.  Plus it was lightly raining which causes people to forget how to operate a car.

Edited by ivanbalt

15 hours ago, Rob said:

The 76 is a joke. I took a long walk up Wilkens Avenue to get my dad a quarter pounder for dinner. I passed Wilkens and Caton and there were a bunch of folks on both sides of the street waiting for the 76. It took me about 30 minutes to get to McD and back and those people were still waiting on both sides. Every 15 minutes my butt! 45 minutes later and they were still waiting on both sides. 

Baltimore Link = Baltimore STINK

This was around 4pm.

And why do I see a lot of buses right behind each other? Is one way early or is the second one early? Or is the first one late and the 2nd on time? I don't get it.

I was out on Security Blvd waiting for the CityLink Blue.  One was supposed to come at 6:43 p.m.  I got to the stop about 8 minutes early, but the bus never came.  The next bus was supposed to come at 7:23.  Finally at 7:30 I said forget it.

Plenty of other buses (31, 37, 79) came through, but no Blue Line.  Yet these CityLink color-coded routes are supposed to be the backbone of the system.

Posted (edited)

I just checked the bus tracker for the blue line...what a mess.

No buses coming east from CMS. The closest bus is headed west at Swann Ave right now. Good luck to someone waiting to go east from CMS to Athol Ave. Got to wait for that westbound bus to go all the way to CMS then turn around and head back east.

There has to be a better way to space these buses out better and adhere to the headways they promised they'd start hitting.

EDIT: Looks like they just added a 6th bus.

Edited by Pickle20

On 8/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, Pickle20 said:

I just checked the bus tracker for the blue line...what a mess.

No buses coming east from CMS. The closest bus is headed west at Swann Ave right now. Good luck to someone waiting to go east from CMS to Athol Ave. Got to wait for that westbound bus to go all the way to CMS then turn around and head back east.

There has to be a better way to space these buses out better and adhere to the headways they promised they'd start hitting.

EDIT: Looks like they just added a 6th bus.

I don't consider the bus tracker reliable.  Many buses don't report their position.

I was using the Transit app for Android when I was waiting for the Blue route, and it indicated that the 6:43 bus should have been on time,  It was a no-show.  The 7:23 gave only the scheduled time.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:40 PM, Rob said:

And why do I see a lot of buses right behind each other? Is one way early or is the second one early? Or is the first one late and the 2nd on time? I don't get it.

So, bus bunching is still a problem.  One bus get delayed and the one behind catches up with it.

15 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

So, bus bunching is still a problem.  One bus get delayed and the one behind catches up with it.

I could see that if it was heading from downtown. But the ones starting from CCBC are bunching as well.