Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmore_ken

Maclin Released

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

That's dumpster diving, imo.  Decker is injury prone and on the downside of his career.  I know the Ravens are desperate for playmakers at the WR position, but I don't see that making them much better.  

I tend to agree here. I see Decker as perhaps a piece to the puzzle, but certainly not the piece.

Has Decker actually been released? I keep seeing articles about the Jets reaching out to teams to discuss a possible trade, the Ravens included. If Decker is indeed traded, I can't see it being to the Ravens since he's due $7.25 million in salary this year. The Jets, of course, would absorb the accelerated cap hit against any unaccounted for bonus money, but the Ravens would either have to restructure Decker's deal (not a good idea) or try and negotiate a lower contract, something Decker probably isn't going to be amenable to doing.

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

I tend to agree here. I see Decker as perhaps a piece to the puzzle, but certainly not the piece.

Has Decker actually been released? I keep seeing articles about the Jets reaching out to teams to discuss a possible trade, the Ravens included. If Decker is indeed traded, I can't see it being to the Ravens since he's due $7.25 million in salary this year. The Jets, of course, would absorb the accelerated cap hit against any unaccounted for bonus money, but the Ravens would either have to restructure Decker's deal (not a good idea) or try and negotiate a lower contract, something Decker probably isn't going to be amenable to doing.

Only a team with plenty of cap room will not do a trade.They have the money for an open market.  Maybe that's the holdup for Decker's release. Teams interested are trying to renegotiate his contract before offering a draft choice.

I hope they stay away from Decker, he's not the answer

It is still unclear what the Jets would want in return for Decker. Personally speaking, I believe Baltimore would have to give up at least a fourth-round pick if not a little more to land the Jets wideout. The question remains, is he worth it?

If they Ravens were to trade for him, it would obviously end the fantasy of Jeremy Maclin coming to Baltimore. As for the pros of signing Decker, it would be a smaller contract which could help the Ravens bring in other veteran talent such as a center or tackle. However, if Baltimore were to trade for Decker, they would need to do something about his $8.75 million dollar cap hit this season, as per Jeff Zrebiec.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/6/9/15766076/report-ravens-in-trade-talks-with-jets-for-eric-decker-maclin-boldin-flacco

I hope the Ravens don't end up trading anything for Decker.  I don't even think he is a good signing if the Jets release him.  But to give something up for him is crazy, imo.  I would seriously have to question Ozzie if this were to happen.  

I hope they sign Decker. I know many of you think he sucks or just isn't worth taking a spot on our team but why in the world would anybody think he is not worth a spot on this team??? The man has been very consistent over the years which is what we need right now. Check out his stats over the last four or five years. Yes, I know stats are only for fantasy football and contract negotiations but I don't know how else to show he has been a very consistent and good receiver in his career. I assume some of you will say he is injury prone because of last year but that's just silly to say just because he missed one year. What is it that you guys do not like about him?

7 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

I hope they sign Decker. I know many of you think he sucks or just isn't worth taking a spot on our team but why in the world would anybody think he is not worth a spot on this team??? The man has been very consistent over the years which is what we need right now. Check out his stats over the last four or five years. Yes, I know stats are only for fantasy football and contract negotiations but I don't know how else to show he has been a very consistent and good receiver in his career. I assume some of you will say he is injury prone because of last year but that's just silly to say just because he missed one year. What is it that you guys do not like about him?

I think Decker, if healthy, would be a good pick up.  He has good hands and would be a perfect underneath weapon for Flacco.  I wouldn't have any problem with them signing him.  

Don't know what the holdup is with the Jets. Must still be looking for something that's not going to happen. If they finally release him then Maclin will need to make his decision.

I keep typing both names in google news hoping to see the Ravens signed one or the other. 

My gut tells me Maclin will be a Cleveland Brown. Just a hunch.

8 hours ago, jamesdean said:

I think Decker, if healthy, would be a good pick up.  He has good hands and would be a perfect underneath weapon for Flacco.  I wouldn't have any problem with them signing him.  

I agree. I don't understand all the negativity about Decker. He would be a good fit here imo 

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I don't see a problem with Decker

I think signing Maclin or Decker would be great for this offense. I read somewhere that the positive of signing Decker over Maclin would be Decker would come at a cheaper price allowing the Ravens to sign a center or a RT as well this year

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

I think signing Maclin or Decker would be great for this offense. I read somewhere that the positive of signing Decker over Maclin would be Decker would come at a cheaper price allowing the Ravens to sign a center or a RT as well this year

I can't argue with that plan.

Edited by bmore_ken

Decker had big numbers because he had Peyton Manning throwing to him.

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

Decker had big numbers because he had Peyton Manning throwing to him.

He doesn't need to have big numbers to help the team. 

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

He doesn't need to have big numbers to help the team. 

I'm just saying... don't expect pro bowl numbers from him.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, Rob said:

I'm just saying... don't expect pro bowl numbers from him.

Pro bowlers are voted in, numbers are irrelevant. The guy can help what so far looks like an anemic offense.

Maclin, or Decker would be great additions.  Both would be a major coup, but they still need a legitimate center for any of that to make much difference.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:53 AM, Manny said:

My gut tells me Maclin will be a Cleveland Brown. Just a hunch.

If he is truly just looking for the most money.

3 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If he is truly just looking for the most money.

Did he even visit the browns? I don't think he did. 

15 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

Did he even visit the browns? I don't think he did. 

He's only been with the Bills & Ravens so far then took the weekend off with family.

Sounds like it's a done deal.

Nice signing.