Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmore_ken

Ray Rice Finally Landed A Job

5 posts in this topic

Former Ravens running back Ray Rice has spoken to younger players about the domestic violence incident that ended his playing career and now he’ll be working with them on the field as well.

Rice has taken a job as a volunteer assistant coach at New Rochelle High School, where he played before going on to Rutgers and the NFL. Coach Lou Dirienzo said that Rice will be the team’s running backs coach and will also work with the defensive backs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/02/ray-rice-takes-assistant-coaching-job-at-his-high-school/

Hopefully he doesn't knock out any of the kids.

I don't know why but I think he is a good guy that made a huge mistake and will never make that same mistake again. 

Usually I despise men who hit women.

13 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

I don't know why but I think he is a good guy that made a huge mistake and will never make that same mistake again. 

Usually I despise men who hit women.

In the NFL, it's perfectly ok to beat up women as long as there's no video evidence.

Good for Ray. If a kid out there can learn from Ray's mistakes, that's a good thing. Maybe he can find a calling in that -- helping others avoid what happened to him.

I always stop just short of feeling bad for Ray. Seemed like a great guy, but I doubt this was the first time he laid hands on a woman. Major coincidence if it was and it happened to be caught on video. 

Good luck to Ray. And hope he can put his past behind. Just hope he will never hit a woman like his wife again.