Baltimatt

Two teens found dead the day before graduation in Montgomery County

33 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-dead-in-car-20170606-story.html

Two male teens are dead after they were found shot in a car the night before their high school graduation, police said Tuesday.

Shadi Adi Najjar, 17, and Artem Ziberov, 18, both of Germantown, were scheduled to graduate Tuesday, Northwest High School Principal Jimmy D'Andrea said in a message to the school community.

At graduation, D'Andrea said all those attending had heavy hearts, but Najjar and Ziberov "would want us to move forward today and celebrate."

RIP, and thoughts to their families

That is so sad, hope they catch the perps who did this.

At first I thought they must have been involved in something their parents knew nothing about. But the more I read about the two, it seems they were really good kids. 

Could it have been mistaken identity? Did the gunmen shoot up the wrong car? 

It doesn't make any sense at all. Very very sad  

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

At first I thought they must have been involved in something their parents knew nothing about. But the more I read about the two, it seems they were really good kids. 

Could it have been mistaken identity? Did the gunmen shoot up the wrong car? 

It doesn't make any sense at all. Very very sad  

I say C.  They were killed because they were outstanding young men and seen as a threat to worthless thug killers.

35 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I say C.  They were killed because they were outstanding young men and seen as a threat to worthless thug killers.

What kind of threat could they have been?

52 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What kind of threat could they have been?

They (the dead kids) had their stuff together big time and were bound for success.  Thugs like that see them as being threats to them being marginalized like the thugs they are from their peers they want to control and intimidate.

They want everyone else to behave like them and not rise from their crap lives like the two now dead honor roll students did.

Actually I would move that to A. since it is more likely IMO that was the only issue they had with those to great kids.

Jonsensback, I think that's a stretch. 

But, we shall see...maybe. 

Tragic.

What a shame.

Hope their killers are brought to justice.

Either it was mistaken identity

Or a hate crime

Or a robbery gone wrong

I am holding of any real comment till the facts are in.

But what stood out in my mind was the fact that two of them were in a car....miles from their home area.

I will leave it at that for the moment.

RIP ... such a waste.

I know the area and it's not what you would call a bad section.  Listen to the audio from security camera and it sounds like a war zone with multiple shooters.

RIP and prayers to the families.  SMH

Very sad.  I hope they figure this out and get justice.  That had to be a terrible graduation 

Glad they made some arrests.

Saw the perps on tv.  Struck me as possibly illegal gang members.  Sorry, new americans.

the war on drugs claims 2 more

4 hours ago, overtaxed said:

Saw the perps on tv.  Struck me as possibly illegal gang members.  Sorry, new americans.

Jose Canales-Yanez has a long record and no jail time.  

On 6/18/2017 at 0:00 PM, overtaxed said:

I thought they were dreamers?:lol:

taxed.... I didn't see the vid. but isn't a bit of stretch to declare them as gang members from a vid. ?

Maybe it was a really horny kid that wanted to prove his worth to his ex-girlfriend. Or you maybe correct ....time will tell.

21 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I thought they were dreamers?:lol:

taxed.... I didn't see the vid. but isn't a bit of stretch to declare them as gang members from a vid. ?

Maybe it was a really horny kid that wanted to prove his worth to his ex-girlfriend. Or you maybe correct ....time will tell.

I was going on the amount of tats they had.  Seemed a little excessive for school kids.  I may be wrong though.  They were probably just expressing themselves.

The oldest suspect should have been locked up long ago. Robbery, assault, drug dealing, several major traffic infractions...now he's graduated to murder. Congrats to him.

The younger suspects picked the wrong dude to hang around and look up to.

7 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

The oldest suspect should have been locked up long ago. Robbery, assault, drug dealing, several major traffic infractions...now he's graduated to murder. Congrats to him.

The younger suspects picked the wrong dude to hang around and look up to.

Seems that is a disease that is just keeps on rolling. And it is spreading.