Ode2Joy

"Feinstein: Congress should probe whether Lynch provided cover for Clinton"

56 posts in this topic

Feinstein: Congress should probe whether Lynch provided cover for Clinton

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/11/feinstein-lynch-clinton-emails-239391

“Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Sunday said Congress should look into former FBI Director James Comey’s revelation that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch asked him to downplay the nature of his investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails.

Testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey said Lynch had asked him to refer to the probe as a "matter" rather than an investigation, an exchange that he said made him feel queasy..

Asked whether Lynch was providing cover for Clinton, Feinstein said she couldn’t answer.

“I would have a queasy feeling too, though, to be candid with you,” she said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I think we need to know more about that, and there’s only one way to know about it, and that’s to have the Judiciary Committee take a look at that.”

Even Democratic Party leaders might be waking up to the sleazy story about Loretta Lynch's attempt to downplay the FBI's investigation of Hillary and to not refer to it as such.  There doesn't seem to be an honest or reasonable explanation why she would do something like that.  It sure sounds like partisan political hackery on Lynch's part.    

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

Clinton Derangement Syndrome in full view

It is so funny ? 

21 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

If it were only that.

It's actually a desperate attempt to shift attention away from the train wreck that is the Trump administration.

9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

By Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein? Really? And why would a Democratic Senator from California be wanting to divert attention away from the Trump administration? That makes no sense at all. 

Seems to me that if we believe Comey is telling the truth (and the vast majority of us seem to believe that) then perhaps we need to take everything he said seriously, even something that might reflect poorly on the former AG.  

Just now, Papi said:

By Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein?

No by the poster who's hunting down and posting Clinton stories every day.

12 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No by the poster who's hunting down and posting Clinton stories every day.

Actually this is a Lynch story, as I read the link. 

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Papi said:

Actually this is a Lynch story, as I read the link. 

My comment was about the person posting Clinton stories every day. At some point shouldn't you be happy your candidate won instead of focusing on the candidate that lost?

Edited by bmore_ken

It wasn't much of a hunt.  I read it this weekend and I wasn't looking for it.

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

My comment was about the person posting Clinton stories every day. At some point shouldn't you be happy your candidate won instead of focusing on the candidate that lost?

My candidate lost. I voted for Gary Johnson. 

Just now, Papi said:

My candidate lost. I voted for Gary Johnson. 

Not you, the person posting the Clinton stories.

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Not you, the person posting the Clinton stories.

Thanks. I am so accustomed to being accused of being a Trump voter I simply took it the wrong way. :D

It's a story that was reported yesterday about Feinstein and what she said about investigating Lynch.

Those who are Democratic partisan supporters are bringing  up Trump and making personal attacks are angry that it was reported in the first place and don't want it discussed so they are attempting to deflect and get the thread removed if enough of them personally attack the messenger. 

Maybe they will soon be bragging about having five warning points if the TOS are enforced.

Feinstein is a Democrat.  Her candidate lost too, but at least she came across as more honest than many who would not answer in such an honest way.  I cannot imagine Pelosi or Maxine Waters being so honest.

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

No don't get that started. 2 threads disappeared from yesterday.

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

Gamers don't watch the news or news channels. 

13 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

No don't get that started. 2 threads disappeared from yesterday.

They want to make it three.  It's obvious who's trying to deflect.

BAZINGA!

Feinstein should get primaried

Im not seeing anything unethical or illegal in how the Clinton investigation was handled

3 hours ago, soulflower said:

Im not seeing anything unethical or illegal in how the Clinton investigation was handled

And you have what inside information that leads you to that conclusion? Did Comey send some notes to you too? :lol:

If Hillary won this thread and congress would be a mirror image of what's going on right now. The right wingnuts would be calling for impeachment , yelling about Lynch telling Comey to lie, Lynch meeting slick Willie on the Tarmac , Donna Brazille passing debate questions to Clinton, Hillary busting up cell phones with hammers to avoid prosecution etc etc. meantime the Dems be like " nothing to see here , Trupamzee syndrome yada yada yada.. You know PAU.:)

Sounds good. Just because Lynch left office doesn't mean we should ignore potential wrongdoing. Besides, I think this more an effort by Feinstein to appear even handed and to treat everything Comey is saying as gospel.

How about a compromise?  Feinstein and the DNC go to Hillary and say if you just go away, this will too.  Stay out of the news and everyone will be happy.  I don't think we need dueling investigations.  

9 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Sounds good. Just because Lynch left office doesn't mean we should ignore potential wrongdoing. Besides, I think this more an effort by Feinstein to appear even handed and to treat everything Comey is saying as gospel.

Beyond meeting Bill Clinton, I don't see any potential wrong doing on her part

As far as trying to avoid hurting Clinton's campaign, it also should be remembered that they never announced publicly before the election that memebers of Trump's campaign were under investigation. 

The DOJ was in an awkward position given the candidates in the 2016 election 

22 hours ago, soulflower said:

Yeah, other than the head of the DOJ holding a clandestine private meeting on the runway with Bill Clinton and pressuring Comey to not refer to the Clinton investigation as an "investigation", but as a matter.  Even the Clinton campaign went along and insisted on using euphemisms like "security review", etc. knowing full well that it was, in fact, an investigation.

10 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Yeah, other than the head of the DOJ holding a clandestine private meeting on the runway with Bill Clinton and pressuring Comey to not refer to the Clinton investigation as an "investigation", but as a matter.  Even the Clinton campaign went along and insisted on using euphemisms like "security review", etc. knowing full well that it was, in fact, an investigation.

The Press ignored the Spin and still called it an Investigation