Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

AP: Sessions’ testimony to Congress Tuesday to be open to public

102 posts in this topic

Link: https://apnews.com/f2674c75e865459385373ebeda4e61f6/Sessions'-testimony-to-Congress-Tuesday-to-be-open-to-public

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ testimony to the Senate Intelligence committee Tuesday will be open to the public. Sessions is expected to face sharp questioning from his former Senate colleagues about his role in the investigation into contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russia during the 2016 election.

The Justice Department said Monday that Sessions requested Tuesday’s committee hearing be open because he “believes it is important for the American people to hear the truth directly from him.”

His testimony follows fired FBI Director James Comey’s riveting session before the same Senate panel last week. Comey spoke of receiving pressure from President Donald Trump to drop a probe into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s contacts with Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports are that he'll invoke executive privilege. Useful and new information is likely to be very limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just keeps getting funnier.

wonder if they'll have to bring him in with a butterfly net?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if he wants this out in the open so be it. If he had asked for private the media would be all over him but now they are dumbfounded about why he didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how you could trust the guy to tell the truth. He lied under oath during his confirmation hearings.

Edited by FatBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FatBoy said:

I'm not sure how you could trust the guy to tell the truth. I lied under oath during his confirmation hearings.

What did you lie about ..???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stevez51 said:

What did you lie about ..???

They asked me if I thought Stevez51 was a cool guy and I said yes.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This cuts into Sessions' important work of strengthening mandatory minimums for non-violent offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sessions is actually Putin with a prosthetic mask on.

Think about it similar size not totally dissimilar lookig(besides the age gap)

That way Trump and Putin all along started the collusion panic as a false flag to slip in Putin.

Now Trump and Putin are together and will fundamentally change law as we know it and set up the first American KGB.

I hear this will all kick off when Trump addresses the Nation and changes his hair from orange to Soviet Red.

 

That is the event that signals the start of the coup.

This is why Milania just moved to the White House......to translate of course because she's a commie.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

I think Sessions is actually Putin with a prosthetic mask on.

Think about it similar size not totally dissimilar lookig(besides the age gap)

That way Trump and Putin all along started the collusion panic as a false flag to slip in Putin.

Now Trump and Putin are together and will fundamentally change law as we know it and set up the first American KGB.

I hear this will all kick off when Trump addresses the Nation and changes his hair from orange to Soviet Red.

 

That is the event that signals the start of the coup.

This is why Milania just moved to the White House......to translate of course because she's a commie.

 

 

 

nah, he's the long lost twin of this guy--> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/tv-radio-obituaries/6243967/Henry-Gibson.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

He does look like Gibson. Laugh In was a great show.

yes it was.....I feel so old!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy looks nervous he is in trouble and he knows it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good,you libs will get embarrassed again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Classic stonewalling from Sessions.

Indeed - a total waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really?  See someone with nothing to hide.

I see the R's embarrassing the Dem's by exposing 1 crazy conspiracy and lie after another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sessions needs to either invoke executive privilege or answer the questions. He should be held in contempt of Congress otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America's Lying AG...............expect nothing less. He should have just stayed home.

he sounds like donald ............"No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say?"-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Really?  See someone with nothing to hide.

I see the R's embarrassing the Dem's by exposing 1 crazy conspiracy and lie after another.

Someone that has nothing to hide would answer the questions. He can't even answer basic questions. His answer is routinely "I don't think it is appropriate". Even when there is no executive privilege invoked (according to Sessions) he is acting as if it was.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

America's Lying AG...............expect nothing less. He should have just stayed home.

he sounds like donald ............"No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say?"-

Whatever happened to a simple yes or no answer? Instead we get "I don't recall."

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sure you old times aren't watching a Perry Mason re-run? 

 

I have no no idea what you guys are watching.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0