Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

Ravens sign Maclin on a 2 year deal

22 posts in this topic

gawd I'm so happy I am making myself sick

:need to breathe::

I'm over the moon happy right now. Just heard it on channel 11 :):)

Alright! 

Need a center now. 

Might as well get greedy and sign Decker too, right?

11 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

Might as well get greedy and sign Decker too, right?

I'd target a center first.  Really, Decker would be a luxury, and more depth than anything else.  Wallace, Maclin, Perriman are going to be the main 3, with Moore and Campanaro seeing the field only some.  Decker would basically be competing with the last two, as I think the Ravens really want(need) to see more of Perriman on the field. 

26 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I'd target a center first.  Really, Decker would be a luxury, and more depth than anything else.  Wallace, Maclin, Perriman are going to be the main 3, with Moore and Campanaro seeing the field only some.  Decker would basically be competing with the last two, as I think the Ravens really want(need) to see more of Perriman on the field. 

agree! Who is their center at the moment- Ryan Jensen?

and is Hurst the RT?

First reaction is "awesome".  Next thought is "watch him get hurt".  Final thought is... "Ugh, Marty doesn't need more reasons to throw the ball more".

Conflicted. :)

Great news!

I hope the Ravens are not done getting some more talent.

I think Maclin, if he stays healthy, was the best signing they could get.  Decker would have been a replacement for Smith, but Maclin has more explosive power.   I personally think he is the number 1.  Wallace is inconsistent, disappears for parts of games and entire games at a time.  Perriman still has too many drops on catchable balls.  Maclin has the potential to be a consistent go to guy with big play potential.  I am surprised he picked the Ravens over Buffalo, but it is a benefit for the Ravens.  Good signing!

I haven't seen the terms, but I'm guessing it's a deal similar to Mike Wallace's in that it has a higher base and cap hit in year two. 

I have to admit I'm surprised he picked Baltimore but if he can stay healthy, he'll be the Ravens best receiver.  Now let's see if Joe Flacco can get his head out of his you know what and take advantage of it. 

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I think Maclin, if he stays healthy, was the best signing they could get.  Decker would have been a replacement for Smith, but Maclin has more explosive power.   I personally think he is the number 1.  Wallace is inconsistent, disappears for parts of games and entire games at a time.  Perriman still has too many drops on catchable balls.  Maclin has the potential to be a consistent go to guy with big play potential.  I am surprised he picked the Ravens over Buffalo, but it is a benefit for the Ravens.  Good signing!

I'm not surprised he chose Ravens over the Bills.  While it's been a couple down years here, Buffalo is on their 3rd coach in 4 years, has one winning season in 10 and hasn't made the playoffs in a very long time.

10 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

First reaction is "awesome".  Next thought is "watch him get hurt".  Final thought is... "Ugh, Marty doesn't need more reasons to throw the ball more".

Conflicted. :)

I get your point. If it helps at all, Joe is going to throw the ball as often as he can. May as well have a good receiver to catch those passes.

13 hours ago, alienrace said:

I agree. The team still has a hole at C. Wallace and Maclin gives you two proven vet wide outs and gives Perriman room to work on his game. 

13 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

agree! Who is their center at the moment- Ryan Jensen?

and is Hurst the RT?

God I hope not

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

I'm not surprised he chose Ravens over the Bills.  While it's been a couple down years here, Buffalo is on their 3rd coach in 4 years, has one winning season in 10 and hasn't made the playoffs in a very long time.

For those reasons I'm not surprised either, I just though the Bills would give him a lot more money than the Ravens could afford. I'm thinking having Flacco throwing to him pushed him our way.

Like the signing but they really need to commit to the run game and improve the OL.

Maclin's contract apparently includes free crab cakes for life.

This guy knows what's really important.

BYRNE IDENTITY: INSIDE THE RECRUITMENT OF JEREMY MACLIN
It took a Ravens village to bring the star free-agent wide receiver to Baltimore, including General Manager Ozzie Newsome, coaches, players and even a former Raven. Here’s how it all went down.

Article re: the recruitment of Maclin.

We the fans are justifiably skeptical of how things are going in Ravenland, but it sounds like the team believes in themselves, and that is important.

5 hours ago, Steveg85321 said:

BYRNE IDENTITY: INSIDE THE RECRUITMENT OF JEREMY MACLIN
It took a Ravens village to bring the star free-agent wide receiver to Baltimore, including General Manager Ozzie Newsome, coaches, players and even a former Raven. Here’s how it all went down.

Article re: the recruitment of Maclin.

We the fans are justifiably skeptical of how things are going in Ravenland, but it sounds like the team believes in themselves, and that is important.

Great article.

Outside of Baltimore, seems more are confident the team will be back in the playoffs.  Ravens fans, on the otherhand, seem to be less optimistic. 

I think they have some moves to make yet.  If they do the right things, this team will be good.  The division will come down to the Ravens and Steelers again this year.  I think though the Steelers window is hinging heavily on Ben playing to the level he has the past few years - and with his age, health, and apparent love of sweets/beer, you just don't know...