José Abreu 1B
Avisaíl García RF
Todd Frazier 3B
Matt Davidson DH
Willy Garcia CF
Kevan Smith C
Yolmer Sánchez 2B

Mike Pelfrey RHP

And "The Big Fella" fails to deliver with the bases loaded... shocking...

This team is absolutely putrid.  I hope to God they sell.

Man. I can't BELIEVE I've been arguing that the O's aren't really that good. Man...they are SCARY good. SCARY good I tell ya!

Yeah. I just can't WAIT until July. THEN we'll know what this team is REALLY made of.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Like it isn't obvious right now. I guess some folks just see things MONTHS before others can. Sad, really, when you stop to think about it.)

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Only 6-0? Hey, they're right in this thing!

Man. You're jumping the gun here. You need to wait until JULY to decide the score of this game.

(Oh, wait...)

Man did you see UJ strike that guy out on 3 straight pitches?!! He ought to be in the starting rotation!

(Oh, wait...)

Contrary to popular belief...the O's have no bats in the Pelfrey.

They are so dreadful now, it's almost must see TV. Will UJ throw 300 pitches in relief? Will Manny have such a bad year that the Orioles can sign him for 100/6? Will Gausman ever have a start for the Orioles more than 4 IP again? Will the O's staff set a new record for highest WHIP collectively ever? Will the O's All-Star representative make Ty Wigginton look like Jimmie Foxx?

The temptation is to "blow it up." But blow what up? Where's the dynamite? Manny's having a bad year. Britton's hurt. That's the short list of really desirable trade chips. Then you've got Brach, Schoop, Givens. They're not going to get you a big haul. And then you've got the grizzled vets: Trumbo, Davis, Jones, Miley, Tillman, O'Day. Who's gonna take on those salaries for what is at best slightly above replacement-level performance.

Yeah, yeah, it's always darkest before the dawn. Pity the dawn is like Murmansk in December: it barely gets twilight and then gets pitch black again in an hour.

This is stupid. This team sucks (as the majority of this forum has stated) and the Front Office does NOTHING.

Yeah...they were just a couple of plays away from almost winning.

;)

(But what do we know, eh? Wait until July. THEN the real geniuses of this board will come on and tell us what's REALLY happening with this team. Yeah. That's what we need to do. Close our eyes -- and our intelligent minds -- and just wait until July. That's the ticket.)

Posted (edited)

I couldn't keep awake. Then I woke up and saw that the Sox had put 10 runs on the board, so I went to the bar.

Fire DD, Buck, and the entire coaching staff.

I'll remain at the bar while you all turn it around.

Edited by JoyinMudville

And they aren't just losing. They're getting their groins pounded into the dirt. Pitchers going 2 innings each night? This new pitching coach has the oddest philosophy, save the starters by only having them pitch 2-3 innings a game. :mellow:

10 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah. I just can't WAIT until July. THEN we'll know what this team is REALLY made of.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Like it isn't obvious right now. I guess some folks just see things MONTHS before others can. Sad, really, when you stop to think about it.)

I hate to jump the gun here. But this season already feels like the 2000's, when June meant that it was time to turn our attention to the Ravens, because the O's had given us all they had to offer, for the summer. 

I think it was 2 weeks ago that we had our discussion where I said it would look ugly, but give it a month to shake out (Mostly talking about Tillman returning). Yeah, it may already be too late for all that. 

They gave us a great April though. -_-

6 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Fire DD, Buck, and the entire coaching staff.

I agree with you about firing DD

Posted (edited)

It's a perfect storm of awfulness right now: injuries and ineffectiveness.

Tillman, Britton, O'Day and Castillo all missed significant time. Now it looks like Davis could miss significant time. Meanwhile, Tillman has struggled since coming back, Gausman has been a near-zero, Manny has looked awful at the plate, Davis and Trumbo aren't slugging like we hoped and guys like Brach and Givens have not been the dominant guys out of the pen like they have been in the past. 

The only guys who really stunk it up to no surprise are Ubaldo and to a lesser extent, Miley. Which is why DD should have gone out and done something to fill out the rotation when Tillman got hurt and having these two warm bodies in the back of the rotation already. Hardy could be added to that too.

Not much is going right this year...but Schoop, Mancini and Bundy have been solid.

You have to hope beyond hope that guys turn it around on their own...the healthy ones and the injured ones when they come back. Otherwise, this team will lose 90 games.

That's really all there is.

Edited by Pickle20

Davis is getting an MRI this morning...

28 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It's a perfect storm of awfulness right now: injuries and ineffectiveness.

Tillman, Britton, O'Day and Castillo all missed significant time. Now it looks like Davis could miss significant time. Meanwhile, Tillman has struggled since coming back, Gausman has been a near-zero, Manny has looked awful at the plate, Davis and Trumbo aren't slugging like we hoped and guys like Brach and Givens have not been the dominant guys out of the pen like they have been in the past. 

The only guys who really stunk it up to no surprise are Ubaldo and to a lesser extent, Miley. Which is why DD should have gone out and done something to fill out the rotation when Tillman got hurt and having these two warm bodies in the back of the rotation already. Hardy could be added to that too.

Not much is going right this year...but Schoop, Mancini and Bundy have been solid.

You have to hope beyond hope that guys turn it around on their own...the healthy ones and the injured ones when they come back. Otherwise, this team will lose 90 games.

That's really all there is.

At a .226 BA, .320 OBP and only 26 RBI, I consider it a positive to have Davis go on DL.  

39 minutes ago, weird-O said:

At a .226 BA, .320 OBP and only 26 RBI, I consider it a positive to have Davis go on DL.  

Agreed, he's not going to be missed all that much but he's always a hot streak away from making those numbers look a lot more respectable. 

41 minutes ago, Norman said:

Maybe Angelos can collect some insurance money on Davis like he did with Belle. With Davis' ADD issues and apparent eyesight issues, I sure do hope he took out some insurance on him.

I was watching one of the Pirates games, and it was the Pitt announcers. Davis struck out on 3 straight pitches, and never took a swing. After the 2nd pitch, their color guy said, "That was a mistake pitch. Those are usually sent over the wall. Of course, you gotta take the bat off your shoulder" 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

How will we replace all those strikeouts?