Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Eight people were shot, six fatally in five separate shooting incidents from Monday night through Tuesday morning.

48 posts in this topic

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/6-killed-2-injured-in-overnight-shootings-in-baltimore

6 killed, 2 injured in overnight shootings in Baltimore

“Eight people were shot, six fatally in five separate shooting incidents from Monday night through Tuesday morning.

…Councilman Brandon Scott addressed the violence in a series of tweets Tuesday morning saying, "at last night's council meeting I again made a plea for the administration to make changes to crime fighting plan. It's not working...."

During a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, police commissioner Kevin Davis says mandatory 12-hour duty has been implemented for all patrol officers and detectives. Every sworn in patrol officer will be deployed to the street.”

Baltimore has become an absolute nightmare.  No doubt about it. 

Now the cancer is starting to spread into nice areas.  Can't help but wonder if they guy who was shot in the head on Boston Street and Hudson Street was a victim of robbery. 

Brandon Scott backed the "gun as bail with no investigation about the gun" idea.  He's part of the problem IMO. 

The consent decree is just getting started. If you think Baltimore is bad now, just wait.

Maybe implementing the "be nice to criminals" decree will help the police to constitutionally persuade the bad guys that we have very strict gun-control laws and they should obey them and stop killing each other and innocent bystanders.

I rarely write anymore, but HONESTLY there is a solution...

(I am not making this up either).

Bring together ONE Patrol Officer from each district (NOT specialized unit members, not Officers who have never left the station in 10 years, honest Patrol Officers). Sit them down and follow their advice. It will be basic, common sense ideas and I can all but promise that they will work!

3 hours ago, Manny said:

The consent decree is just getting started. If you think Baltimore is bad now, just wait.

Agreed

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Bring together ONE Patrol Officer from each district (NOT specialized unit members, not Officers who have never left the station in 10 years, honest Patrol Officers). Sit them down and follow their advice. It will be basic, common sense ideas and I can all but promise that they will work!

I already know what the summary would be. First thing that the SA actually puts people away and Judges actually apply the full penalties and make pretty much everything a felony so that the local cousin of a cousin jury pool is eliminated.

There is more....most totally opposite of what the consent decree says.....except for modern equipment and advanced training.

Edited by Guido2

3 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

I sent this to a friend at the BPD and asked if he agreed with you. His response was "100%."

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I sent this to a friend at the BPD and asked if he agreed with you. His response was "100%."

It is a great idea. One that could be very productive. However, look at who would have to absorb it and apply it.

And their response.....? Crickets I am sure.

This is appropriate..............

Edited by Guido2

Just culling the herd.

5 hours ago, Bartman said:

Just culling the herd.

Take the money for these stupid pop-ups and set up 'free ammo' kiosks .....to help it along.:lol:

Talk about wastes of space, air and minerals.

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

Yup.... another inspirational role model.:rolleyes:

Nahhhhh just another quick buck artist. My wager is that she doesn't even know which end of the gun to hold.

8 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Take the money for these stupid pop-ups and set up 'free ammo' kiosks .....to help it along.:lol:

Talk about wastes of space, air and minerals.

How about free condoms? 

25 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

How about free condoms? 

Or needle exchange....but that one almost make sense.

Maybe this is to Cerebral for some but...

Posted (edited)

Apparently a bartender from Ryleigh's Oyster was killed in Canton this week during a robbery.

I need to tell my sister to get out of this hellhole of a city.

Edited by Pickle20

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Apparently a bartender from Ryleigh's Oyster was killed in Canton this week during a robbery.

I need to tell my sister to get out of this hellhole of a city.

And thank you for even posting that since it didn't get any attention here at all. Happened right on Boston street while the guy was on his way home from work in the wee hours.

I agree with you about moving out of that hell hole.

I have two nephews who live in Fells and that is a frequent discussion when we get together.

Luck have it they both looking to have kids so they will be on their way out soon hopefully.

On 6/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, Ode2Joy said:

Baltimore has become an absolute nightmare.  No doubt about it. 

Now the cancer is starting to spread into nice areas. 

I was at Soundstage on Tuesday and the Arena last night. Survived both nights. Had a great time.

Stay hunkered down in your bunker.

3 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

And thank you for even posting that since it didn't get any attention here at all. Happened right on Boston street while the guy was on his way home from work in the wee hours.

I agree with you about moving out of that hell hole.

I have two nephews who live in Fells and that is a frequent discussion when we get together.

Luck have it they both looking to have kids so they will be on their way out soon hopefully.

Videos of the persons of interests to that terrible, senseless murder are circulating ......

Hopefully they will get the scum responsible for that and some of these other murders off the street soon ....

8 minutes ago, naive said:

I was at Soundstage on Tuesday and the Arena last night. Survived both nights. Had a great time.

While surrounded by cops who are working mandatory 12 hour shifts because of the wild west shootings in the city recently.

Aren't you one brave bad ***. 

12 hours ago, Bartman said:

Maybe this is to Cerebral for some but...

That is very good. In fact I am going to print it out and hang it on my wall.

I don't tweet.....any of you tweetmasters have a group list for congress....maybe you can forward it to them?:D

BTW....is it PC (which is only 6 months old), my wi-fi or something else. Seems there has been an uptick in cutting and pasting tweets lately. And at least from my end of the screen they are a pain in the butt. It sits and flashes light gray dark gray like a pulse. Takes for ever to load.

Are you or are you not using the 'strip format' option after you paste. Just curious. Still a lot of IT in me.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, naive said:

Do me a favor, when your luck runs out and if you survive. Please let us know how you are doing. Oh, and how soon your CCW request is finished being processed and the outcome. ;)

Kidding aside, you are correct you can't spend your life looking over your shoulder. But under the circumstances as they occur in BC I think it is prudent to be on the safe side and not tempt fate. Especially at night. IMHO

Edited by Guido2

36 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

While surrounded by cops who are working mandatory 12 hour shifts because of the wild west shootings in the city recently.

Aren't you one brave bad ***. 

Not brave at all. I'm down there all the time, and honestly, I did not see one cop while walking to and from the venues.

I'm a Baltimore apologist to the end. I'll keep going to the city and enjoying myself. I used to harbor a fantasy of living there. Not anymore.