Manny

Sun editoral board declares Baltimore Residents want "Constitutional Policing"

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

These people can't really be this stupid, can they?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-baltimore-homicide-20170608-story.html

Implementing the consent decree between the city and Department of Justice on policing practices has the long-term potential to improve the crime fight by eliminating barriers of mistrust between the force and the community. But it can’t be a short-term excuse for not developing a comprehensive strategy for fighting violent crime. Post-Freddie Gray, Baltimore doesn’t want no policing, it wants constitutional policing.

Edited by Manny

"Constitutional Policing"
WOW! That sounds like a neat term!
(now does anyone have a clue, ANY CLUE AT ALL, as to what that means)?

Having flashbacks to when TV Tom Frazier demanded that the BPD implement "Community Policing"

No one, NO ONE AT ALL, had any idea what it meant, but boy did it sound good!

Posted (edited)

When I say my prayers at night I thank the dear Lord for the gift of not living in the City.

Once again, more liberal BS. On the one hand they want the cops to hug a thug now  immediately and in the future.

But they also want the cops to clamp down on the thugs right now. Sorry reality check. thugs are NOT normal people....discussion and feel good actions an words generally don't work.

But be gentle.:rolleyes: Ohhhh and also be aggressive in preventing crime ...but play 'Mother may I'...when stopping a known problem. And ohhh yeah you better clear it with the SGT on duty first.

I have a great idea. Let these politicians drive for a few tours.... the entire shift....the entire week. They have to follow the cops around like puppy dogs.Maybe deputize them so they have to touch some of the scum putting on the cuffs...having to do a frisk should enlighten them ....eeeouuuuuuhhhh.

Bet their attitude changes real quick. IDIOTS!

SMH

Edited by Guido2

15 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

"Constitutional Policing"
WOW! That sounds like a neat term!
(now does anyone have a clue, ANY CLUE AT ALL, as to what that means)?

Apparently you didn't read the whole story.

12 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Once again, more liberal BS. On the one hand they want the cops to hug a thug now  immediately and in the future.

Someone else who didn't read the article. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Someone else who didn't read the article. :rolleyes:

What makes you think that? Just because what I posted what I feel what needs to be done to get the politicians head screwed on straight  and it with your thoughts doesn't mean I didn't read OR understand it.

Constitutional Policing. ... constitutional law. • Ensuring the rights of citizens to fair and impartial treatment is the cornerstone to. effective community relations. Trust and cooperation are lost when police engage in unconstitutional and unprofessional conduct

Yeah on paper, with normal citizens and a normal situation yes that is what it should be. And I feel the politicians are living in La La land if they think that Constitutional Policing. works in this situation. The old saying 'Walk a mile.....' needs to be applied to open their eyes to reality.

So obviously, as always you had your 'hug a thug' glasses on and TOTALLY missed my point.

ken the water in White Marsh must be clouding your brain. BC is in crisis mode...it is no time to be playing patty cake. Put a lid on this stuff fast. Then we can start applying Consitutional Policing. Frankly I am surprised the National Guard hasn't been called in......YET!

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

There's nothing wrong with what the article said. Sure, you want the police doing their job and not violating anyone's rights. I get it.

But they should be viewing the city's problems as a priority list. The police should be pretty low on that list. The police aren't the ones gunning down people in the streets every night. I know it's all connected but there will always be people who hate/fear the police no matter how "constitutional" they are. It's a culture issue. That's what need to change. 

Edited by Pickle20

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

There's nothing wrong with what the article said. Sure, you want the police doing their job and not violating anyone's rights. I get it.

But they should be viewing the city's problems as a priority list. The police should be pretty low on that list. The police aren't the ones gunning down people in the streets every night. I know it's all connected but there will always be people who hate/fear the police no matter how "constitutional" they are. It's a culture issue. That's what need to change. 

VERY true. And guess who that is.... the minority of the minority that is a majority,  that has had run in's with the law or have cousins of cousins of cousins that have.  That is THEIR culture....of course you are not going to love and embrace the ones that can throw your butt in jail....over and over again I might add.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

What makes you think that? Just because what I posted what I feel what needs to be done to get the politicians head screwed on straight  and it with your thoughts doesn't mean I didn't read OR understand it.

Constitutional Policing. ... constitutional law. • Ensuring the rights of citizens to fair and impartial treatment is the cornerstone to. effective community relations. Trust and cooperation are lost when police engage in unconstitutional and unprofessional conduct

Yeah on paper, with normal citizens and a normal situation yes that is what it should be. And I feel the politicians are living in La La land if they think that Constitutional Policing. works in this situation. The old saying 'Walk a mile.....' needs to be applied to open their eyes to reality.

So obviously, as always you had your 'hug a thug' glasses on and TOTALLY missed my point.

ken the water in White Marsh must be clouding your brain. BC is in crisis mode...it is no time to be playing patty cake. Put a lid on this stuff fast. Then we can start applying Consitutional Policing. Frankly I am surprised the National Guard hasn't been called in......YET!

Baltimore doesn't have normal citizens in normal situations?? :confused: Everyone in Baltimore is not a criminal and we shouldn't be treated as such.

Edited by Marshan Man

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Baltimore doesn't have normal citizens in normal situations?? :confused: Everyone in Baltimore is not a criminal and we shouldn't be treated as such.

Oh dang. I made the fatal mistake of assuming when one says normal that means those that are not constantly causing issues. My bad.

I keep forgetting to put in my PC clause to prevent such misinterpretation for simpletons like you.

I should have said:

Yeah on paper, with normal citizens (not those of the minority of the minority majority that cause the problems) and a normal situation yes that is what it should be. And I feel the politicians are living in La La land if they think that Constitutional Policing. works in this situation. The old saying 'Walk a mile.....' needs to be applied to open their eyes to reality.

There yah go ....that better.

Edited by Guido2

6 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Oh dang. I made the fatal mistake of assuming when one says normal that means those that are not constantly causing issues. My bad.

I keep forgetting to put in my PC clause to prevent such misinterpretation for simpletons like you.

I should have said:

Yeah on paper, with normal citizens (not those of the minority of the minority majority that cause the problems) and a normal situation yes that is what it should be. And I feel the politicians are living in La La land if they think that Constitutional Policing. works in this situation. The old saying 'Walk a mile.....' needs to be applied to open their eyes to reality.

There yah go ....that better.

So what situation are you talking about? I'd imagine that with 600,000+ residents there are about 600,000+ situations...

12 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

So what situation are you talking about? I'd imagine that with 600,000+ residents there are about 600,000+ situations...

You know perfectly well which situations I am a talking about. And if you don't just subscribe to the Sun that should fill you in.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

What makes you think that?

Because nothing in that article said

they want the cops to hug a thug now  immediately and in the future.

Edited by bmore_ken

Most Baltimore residents, or county residents, couldn't even articulate what constitutional policing means. The Sun is being politically correct in trying to convince people that citizens actually think that way. Baltimore residents want their cake and eat it too. They made police out to be a major problem and fought to curb or eliminate their enforcement efforts. They now reap what they sow. 12 workdays are a ruse. Police will continue to leave people alone, but will now have 2 extra overtime hours each day. Because of Obama's, Lynch, Pugh, Mosby and all those that fought for this criminal freedom pact, Baltimore will now turn into Aleppo.

8 minutes ago, Manny said:

Most Baltimore residents, or county residents, couldn't even articulate what constitutional policing means. The Sun is being politically correct in trying to convince people that citizens actually think that way. Baltimore residents want their cake and eat it too. They made police out to be a major problem and fought to curb or eliminate their enforcement efforts. They now reap what they sow. 12 workdays are a ruse. Police will continue to leave people alone, but will now have 2 extra overtime hours each day. Because of Obama's, Lynch, Pugh, Mosby and all those that fought for this criminal freedom pact, Baltimore will now turn into Aleppo.

Do you ever tire of crying?? Damn...

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

Do you ever tire of crying?? Damn...

You and Nick asked for this cluster. You got it now. How is it working out for you?

1 minute ago, Manny said:

You and Nick asked for this cluster. You got it now. How is it working out for you?

Still haven't sought out that therapy I see...or maybe you did.... and how's that working out for you?

40 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Because nothing in that article said

Ohhhhh boo hoo. Get a grip man.

Just now, Guido2 said:

Ohhhhh boo hoo. Get a grip man.

As unintelligent a response as expected. You hate facts when they get in the way of your rants about Baltimore.

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

Byngo!

But you do know that according to ken.....those thoghts don't count because it wasn't in the article. See his prevous post to me if you are wondering what I am talking about.

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Byngo!

But you do know that according to ken.....those thoghts don't count because it wasn't in the article. See his prevous post to me if you are wondering what I am talking about.

Ken is a unique fellow in one sense but a typical liberal Democrat in another. He tries to act middle of the road but he's a proud leftist.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Ken is a unique fellow in one sense but a typical liberal Democrat in another. He tries to act middle of the road but he's a proud leftist.

Only board clowns consider me a leftist.

6 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Still haven't sought out that therapy I see...or maybe you did.... and how's that working out for you?

I am not the one married to an angry psycho like your boy Nick is.

Just now, bmore_ken said:

Only board clowns consider me a leftist.

You want to portray independent thinking but you do no such thing in reality.