Manny

Sun editoral board declares Baltimore Residents want "Constitutional Policing"

55 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, bmore_ken said:

Apparently you didn't read the whole story.

KEN!
It has been a while my good sir...
My point is that this seems just another (in a long list of) stupid 'catch phrases to make the Citizens think the Department is doing something!

I heard from another retired colleague that BPD has some 500 vacancies out of 3,000 positions? Is that true?  

On 6/15/2017 at 7:46 PM, Lawman 27 said:

KEN!
It has been a while my good sir...
My point is that this seems just another (in a long list of) stupid 'catch phrases to make the Citizens think the Department is doing something!

Most of the " new policing" plans---  the press releases as well as the media responses could have been simply cut and pasted from similar articles years ago.  Just a few changes in terms here and there and its good to go. Same with the "crime prevention tips" like  " don't leave valuables in your car and lock it at all times its unattended"  "amazing how many valuables are left in un secured cars"

but as usual, Ken is 100% correct, there is nothing any reasonable person would find objectionable in the article, but that's not what folks are reacting to here.

but I do see  in the article that there are 500 less police officers on board  but it doesn't say its because they can't  hire enough qualified candidates to fill the ranks, and that is a real critical problem they don't mention.