Ode2Joy

Woman who called police on SW Baltimore crime was 'gunned...down in front of her children'

158 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, hst2 said:

It would interesting to know the percentage of total cases that make it to trial, and even then, end in a conviction.

I tried digging for just those facts....and apparently they are buried....it will take time.

But, drawing totally from memory; maybe 1/2 of arrests actually make it to court....and another 1/2 of that actually go to trial....and 1/2 of that actually come down with some form (even a hand slap) of punishment are handed down.

I got things to do but I will pursue this further later in the day. This is going to take some web-mining.

Anyone else that wants to help please do. Even if my recollections are totally incorrect I don't care.

http://www.wbal.com/article/258043/3/latest-public-enemy-no-1-arrested-on-murder-charges

Baltimore police have arrested the latest Public Enemy No. 1, who they said killed a woman in front of her children.  Darius Neal, 18, is accused of killing Charmaine Wilson, 37, in June, police said. Investigators said Wilson was shot right after police left her home. Officers were there investigating a report that someone assaulted Wilson's older son when he tried to retrieve his younger brother's stolen bicycle seat.

Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Saturday that the title of Public Enemy No. 1 is reserved for suspects whose actions truly shock the conscience of the community.  Police tweeted around 6 p.m. Sunday that Neal was arrested without incident.

Eighteen year old murder suspect.  He looks older.

27 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

http://www.wbal.com/article/258043/

28 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

http://www.wbal.com/article/258043/3/latest-public-enemy-no-1-arrested-on-murder-charges

3/latest-public-enemy-no-1-arrested-on-murder-charges

Guess it must be the tough life on the streets.

Thanks for the update.....you are very good on this sort of thing. Were you a police detective in your first life? COMPLEMENT!

Please let us know when this poor fellow is released on bail or is wizzed through the courts. SARCASM.

I would say they should use him for crab bait.....but the crabs probably have better taste than to eat scum like him.  FACT

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Guess it must be the tough life on the streets.

Thanks for the update.....you are very good on this sort of thing. Were you a police detective in your first life? COMPLEMENT!

Please let us know when this poor fellow is released on bail or is wizzed through the courts. SARCASM.

I would say they should use him for crab bait.....but the crabs probably have better taste than to eat scum like him.  FACT

Thank you, but no, I just use the tools available to me:  Maryland Case Search and news reports.  I also like Justin Fenton's and some of the other Sun reporters' Twitter feeds.

Tough life?  I wouldn't be surprised.  According to Case Search, the man whose name he carries is not his father.  His mother was then sued by another woman for child support.  That record lists 7 addresses for his mother.

He was nolle prossed on drug and trespassing charges earlier this year.  He is now being held without bond pending bail review.  

Edited by Baltimatt

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Thank you, but no, I just use the tools available to me:  Maryland Case Search and news reports.  I also like Justin Fenton's and some of the other Sun reporters' Twitter feeds.

Tough life?  I wouldn't be surprised.  According to Case Search, the man whose name he carries is not his father.  His mother was then sued by another woman for child support.  That record lists 7 addresses for his mother.

He was nolle prossed on drug and trespassing charges earlier this year.  He is now being held without bond pending bail review.  

Well you do a great job....period.

According to this; The term nolle prosequi is used in reference to a formal entry upon the record made by a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit or a prosecutor in a criminal action in which that individual declares that he or she wishes to discontinue the action as to certain defendants, certain issues, or altogether. A nolle prosequi is commonly known as nol pros

So would it be a big reach to say that once again the judicial system 'blew it'? ;)

Edited by Guido2

May the stupid 18 year old piece of scum rot in jail.  SMH

On 6/17/2017 at 1:16 PM, Guido2 said:

You actually wasted the bandwidth and storage to post this drivel.

But you are correct they don't need my permission ....just my tax dollars.

BTW....from my viewpoint and many others....using the term 'family' in this context is an insult to the real ones. If you had said brood you might be close.

Oh in keeping with the spirit of what these forums are gravitating toward.....it is 'why' not 'whu'. Mr. Whu is the guy I get my takeout from.:lol:

What makes it a brood? 

15 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

What makes it a brood? 

You have Google....look it up. Easee peezeee.