Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

The London Inferno

90 posts in this topic

Criminal neglect. The video was horrifying, my God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on an interview on TV this morning with a person who escaped the building, it had no integrated fire alarm system, and only one stairwell. I hope that this was a very old highrise and that building safety requirements have been improved and made more strict since that place was built.

I have stayed in multiple hotels in London over the years and the fire alarm systems and fire doors are very obvious there, but this building was a highrise apartment structure, which might have had lesser requirements. Very sad. Prayers for the victims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on early reports:

1) smoke detectors not working.

2) sprinkler system not working.

3) escape stairwell blocked.

4) building 'refurbished' with some sort of plastic cladding that easily spread the fire.

Sounds like just about everything needed for a death trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Based on early reports:

1) smoke detectors not working.

2) sprinkler system not working.

3) escape stairwell blocked.

4) building 'refurbished' with some sort of plastic cladding that easily spread the fire.

Sounds like just about everything needed for a death trap.

Holy crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Holy crap. 

Oh, it gets worse...

From seven months ago...


https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/amp/

It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the  KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders. We believe that the KCTMO are an evil, unprincipled, mini-mafia who have no business to be charged with the responsibility of  looking after the every day management of large scale social housing estates and that their sordid collusion with the RBKC Council is a recipe for a future major disaster.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Quote

In the aftermath of the Adair Tower fire the London Fire Brigade found that the KCTMO had not been looking after the safety of residents properly and issued an Enforcement Order compelling them to improve the fire safety in the escape staircases and to provide self closing devices to all the tower block’s front doors.[/quote]

That's crazy to me. If the doors in a stairwell don't close, the stairwell will quickly become nothing more than a chimney.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers for the victims and their families & friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

That's crazy to me. If the doors in a stairwell don't close, the stairwell will quickly become nothing more than a chimney.

I wonder how much money they were saving by not following those pesky fire safety regulations. Unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

I wonder how much money they were saving by not following those pesky fire safety regulations. Unbelievable.

And yet spend 10 million pounds on cladding that is apparently a bad fire hazard.  But wait, there is more!   Dozens of buildings have had this done.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

And yet spend 10 million pounds on cladding that is apparently a bad fire hazard.  But wait, there is more!   Dozens of buildings have had this done.   

wow

I honestly assumed it was a terror attack because I couldn't comprehend how a relatively modern apartment building could go up so completely in flames like that. I assumed that someone had gone through and set multiple fires but it appears that is not the case.

Edited by JoyinMudville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

wow

In all fairness, this is an early theory.   It seems the building had electrical problems too.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemiAuto said:

And yet spend 10 million pounds on cladding that is apparently a bad fire hazard.  But wait, there is more!   Dozens of buildings have had this done.   

That building in Dubai that went up on New Years had some kind of flammable facade as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

High rise building engulfed in flames that did not collapse.

Just sayin'

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daan said:

 

High rise building engulfed in flames that did not collapse.

Just sayin'

 

.

You do realize that when a heavy aircraft hits a rise structure, at speed, much of the superstructure is damaged/destroyed on impact and that it takes less heat to further damage the building?

 

I'm just sayin' as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

You do realize that when a heavy aircraft hits a rise structure, at speed, much of the superstructure is damaged/destroyed on impact and that it takes less heat to further damage the building?

 

I'm just sayin' as well.

Not to mention jet fuel generates an incredible amount of heat.  And the WTC structure made it particularly vulnerable to high heat.  Betting the London bldg more traditional design with lots of concrete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

But WTC-7 was determined by NIST to have collapsed due to fires on multiple floors. No jet fuel. 

Just sayin'

 

 

Edited by Daan
No jet fuel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Daan said:

 

But WTC-7 was determined by NIST to have collapsed due to fires on multiple floors. No jet fuel. 

Just sayin'

 

 

Here is a summary of some common 9/11 conspiracy theory claims regarding WTC 7, along with NIST's response:

Claim: "No combination of debris damage, fuel-tank explosions and fires could inflict the kind of simultaneous damage to all the building's columns required to make the building implode," says WTC7.net, a Web site dedicated to conspiracy theories. "The precision of such damage required to bring Building 7 down into its footprint was especially great, given the ratio of its height to its width and depth."

NIST report and press conference: Fire did indeed inflict enough column damage to destroy the building through a previously undocumented collapse sequence of thermal expansion. "Anyone who has run a tight jar lid under water to help loosen it knows that the metal expands when it gets hot," Sunder said. "Heat also causes steel to lose strength and stiffness. Thermal expansion occurs at temperatures much lower than those required to reduce steel strength and stiffness." The report found that as WTC 7's steel beams expanded in the heat, numerous structural connections throughout the building failed. That weakened the structure even before the collapse of any vertical columns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Here is a summary of some common 9/11 conspiracy theory claims regarding WTC 7, along with NIST's response:

Claim: "No combination of debris damage, fuel-tank explosions and fires could inflict the kind of simultaneous damage to all the building's columns required to make the building implode," says WTC7.net, a Web site dedicated to conspiracy theories. "The precision of such damage required to bring Building 7 down into its footprint was especially great, given the ratio of its height to its width and depth."

NIST report and press conference: Fire did indeed inflict enough column damage to destroy the building through a previously undocumented collapse sequence of thermal expansion. "Anyone who has run a tight jar lid under water to help loosen it knows that the metal expands when it gets hot," Sunder said. "Heat also causes steel to lose strength and stiffness. Thermal expansion occurs at temperatures much lower than those required to reduce steel strength and stiffness." The report found that as WTC 7's steel beams expanded in the heat, numerous structural connections throughout the building failed. That weakened the structure even before the collapse of any vertical columns.

 

NIST claims that office fires alone demolished that building. The agency [NIST] does admit that, if true, this would be the first and only time that an office fire brought down a steel skyscraper.

http://www1.ae911truth.org/en/news-section/41-articles/927-nists-wtc-7-reports-filled-with-fantasy-fiction-and-fraud-intro.html

 

WTC-7 collapsed at free fall speed into its own foot print. 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Daan said:

 

NIST claims that office fires alone demolished that building. The agency [NIST] does admit that, if true, this would be the first and only time that an office fire brought down a steel skyscraper.

http://www1.ae911truth.org/en/news-section/41-articles/927-nists-wtc-7-reports-filled-with-fantasy-fiction-and-fraud-intro.html

 

WTC-7 collapsed at free fall speed into its own foot print. 

.

https://www.jensenhughes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/White_Paper_Historical_Survey_Building_Collapse_NIST_JBeitel-NIwankiw_OCT-2006.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

 

I see in the charts in this linked article that the only TOTAL collapse examples of steel frame skyscrapers are WTC-1, WTC-2 and WTC-7.  So again WTC-7  "would be the first and only time that an office fire brought down a steel skyscraper."

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Not to mention jet fuel generates an incredible amount of heat.  And the WTC structure made it particularly vulnerable to high heat.  Betting the London bldg more traditional design with lots of concrete. 

So what possibly could have generated so much heat to bring down WTC7 that was built with similar materials as the WTC1 and 2? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. I doubt it was jet fuel from the planes that crashed into WTC1 and 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

So what possibly could have generated so much heat to bring down WTC7 that was built with similar materials as the WTC1 and 2? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. I doubt it was jet fuel from the planes that crashed into WTC1 and 2.

The link provided a couple posts up explains it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

The link provided a couple posts up explains it. 

 

Nothing in this thread contains any example that is comparable to the total collapse of WTC-7.  WTC-7 collapsed due to common office fires at free fall speed into its own foot print. 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0