Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

The Nats bullpen sucks!

12 posts in this topic

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

The Nationals’ terrible results from the bullpen have been frustrating fans all season, and it’s begun to take a toll on the clubhouse as well, per Barry Svrluga of the Washington Post. Svrluga quotes unnamed Nationals players that are exasperated by the persistently blown leads, quoting one who states, “We feel like we have to win the game three times.” As has been reported on multiple occasions in the past, Svrluga writes that Nationals ownership vetoed a trade that would have netted the Nats David Robertson from the White Sox this offseason. However, Svrluga now reports that GM Mike Rizzo also had an agreement in place with current Rockies closer Greg Holland, only for the Lerner family to once again step in and nix that deal. (FanRag’s Jon Heyman previously reported that ownership balked at the concept of a vesting player option for Holland, though Svrluga is seemingly the first mention of an actual agreement that fell through.) The bullpen will assuredly be Rizzo’s prime target in trades this summer, though reports suggest that he certainly tried to be proactive in addressing the matter this winter but wasn’t granted the freedom to do so.

They just lost 2-3 to my Braves, giving up 11 and 13 runs in 2 games. They might win the NL East by default but the bullpen won't even get them to the NLCS. 

Even still, it must be nice to be the worst .600 team in baseball.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:26 AM, mdrunning said:

Even still, it must be nice to be the worst .600 team in baseball.

I was thinking same thing. Imagine if they had a bullpen? 

On 6/14/2017 at 4:36 PM, johnpolitics said:

They might win the NL East by default but the bullpen won't even get them to the NLCS. 

Pretty sure they'll do something to improve the bullpen before the post season. Especially if it's their only glaring weakness 

59 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Pretty sure they'll do something to improve the bullpen before the post season. Especially if it's their only glaring weakness 

Like that Papelbon trade. That really worked out-NOT! 

13 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Britton for Turner and Glover

And if pigs had wings they could fly!

4 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

And if pigs had wings they could fly!

Hey if you want to win you have to make a move right 

Posted (edited)

I hate the Lerners, Nats would be the best team in MLB with a shutdown closer.

Trade them Britton or Brach for a boat load.

Edited by dshawg1

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

I hate the Lerners, Nats would be the best team in MLB with a shutdown closer.

Trade them Britton or Brach for a boat load.

Unfortunately, Britton isn't going to fetch a whole lot right now. The timing of his injury couldn't be worse.

I like that kid Joe Ross who beat us (I know, I should be more specific) the last time we played the Nats. Good stuff (not great), but just very inconsistent. Looks great one outing and the next he can't make it out of the fifth inning. A third pitch wouldn't hurt, either as he's basically a sinker-slider guy right now. Still, there's a lot of upside and would be under team control for the next five years.

In case you're wondering, however, would I trade Britton straight up for him? Hell no.

Edited by mdrunning

In other news, Edwin Jackson has signed a minor league deal with Washington.

2 hours ago, mdrunning said:

In other news, Edwin Jackson has signed a minor league deal with Washington.

If you cant beat them join them