Look at Schoop hitting 292 with a 342 obp

1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

Look at Schoop hitting 292 with a 342 obp

And...striking out with RISP.

;)

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

And...striking out with RISP.

;)

single, double, walk, 2 runs, and an rbi ;)

9 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

single, double, walk, 2 runs, and an rbi ;)

No doubt. He's stroking it. It's just that the minute you posted your praise, he struck out. You jinxed him, man. Big time.

David Washington - 0-for-4, 3 K's. I'd never even heard of this guy, but he's fitting in nicely.

I think I'd rather have Denzell Washington. Maybe they're related.

Finally!

Start this same lineup tomorrow (OK, Beef would probably need to DH for an afternoon game), but otherwise, don't change the lineup card. I don't give a damn who's pitching for Chicago tomorrow.

man... chris tillman could really step up tomorrow

6 hours ago, mdrunning said:

David Washington - 0-for-4, 3 K's. I'd never even heard of this guy, but he's fitting in nicely.

I think I'd rather have Denzell Washington. Maybe they're related.

Nice win.  But bringing up this clown Washington is all you need to know about how DD and Buck construct a roster.  You put one K machine on the DL and replace him with another just because he has a little bit of power.  For gods sake, try something else, somebody else, anything but another black hole K machine.  Just dreadful.  The bus from Norfolk has 3 flat tires this year.  I'm asking this seriously,  what the heck is wrong with DD and Buck??  There had to be a better choice at Norfolk or maybe not???

Guess they can't lose every game.  Continually giving up 6 or more runs makes regularly winning pretty tough.

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Nice win.  But bringing up this clown Washington is all you need to know about how DD and Buck construct a roster.  You put one K machine on the DL and replace him with another just because he has a little bit of power.  For gods sake, try something else, somebody else, anything but another black hole K machine.  Just dreadful.  The bus from Norfolk has 3 flat tires this year.  I'm asking this seriously,  what the heck is wrong with DD and Buck??  There had to be a better choice at Norfolk or maybe not???

Apparently they didn't have anyone better.  Not that I follow Norfolk's team but even without looking, I can assume that most of their hitters have poor OBP averages and strike out a ton.  I don't think blowing up the team will accomplish much but if there's one thing they definitely need to change is their whole hitting philosophy from the rookie league on up.  Start developing hitters that can work counts and draw some walks.  Develop hitters that can hit to all fields and make consistent contact and for the love that everything that's holy, teach these guys how to recognize what a strike is and what isn't.  Show them video of the major league team and teach them how NOT to hit.  If they want to hit balls 2" off the ground, tell them to buy a 3 iron and take up golf.  Until this mentality is changed throughout the system, nothing's going to change.  

2 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

Guess they can't lose every game.  Continually giving up 6 or more runs makes regularly winning pretty tough.

But it makes losing 90-95 games pretty easy. ;)

Washington is the best they've got, unfortunately. He has some OBP skills in AAA...hopefully they can translate although 3 K's last night isn't the way you want to see him start.

So they won a game, but the teams best pitcher did give up 5 runs early. THis is not the way you win games often.

50 minutes ago, blazeon32 said:

So they won a game, but the teams best pitcher did give up 5 runs early. THis is not the way you win games often.

Exactly.

A positive to take away is that the Orioles scored 10 runs with only 1 home run.  And it was a 3-run shot!  I would have expected at least 5 solo homers.  B)

Just now, ivanbalt said:

A positive to take away is that the Orioles scored 10 runs with only 1 home run.  And it was a 3-run shot!  I would have expected at least 5 solo homers.  B)

It was actually a grand slam. ;) But I agree it was a good win. Hopefully, they can get back on track now.

4 hours ago, blazeon32 said:

I know. The last 3 games they won were comebacks. That's why they're 10-22 in last 32 games.