Ode2Joy

Man robbed, assaulted by a "group of juveniles" on Thursday afternoon

14 posts in this topic

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/33-year-old-man-assaulted-and-robbed-on-thursday-afternoon

At approximately 1:00 p.m., officers were called to the intersection of Baltimore Street and Commerce Street for reports of an assault. 

When officers arrived the male victim told them he had just been assaulted by a group of juveniles at the location.

The victim also reported that two cell phones were taken during the assault.

He was transported to an area hospital to be treated for the injuries he sustained during the assault.

Another group of young black juveniles robbing and assaulting a man, this time not far from police HQ.

This is similar to the other group attack during broad daylight earlier this week or last.

This time it was caught on video and it is disgusting.

Posted (edited)

Oh my stars and garters. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE they were black youths? Maybe the aperture on the camera was off. Maybe some racist film editor doctored the video. :confused:

I'll wait for ken and demo to weigh in about this atrocity. I am sure they have some solid answers as to how you are likely being racist and are likely totally wrong. :rolleyes:

Shame shame on you for making such a judgement. ;)

Edited by Guido2

Another reason I don't go DT anymore 'cept I still have to check in for Fed Jury Duty the next 2 weeks yet.

These young thugs have learned that there is no consequence for this behavior.  The mob mentality is very dangerous and offers an illusion of autonomy.  But even if the video offers an enough evidence for identification will people turn them in?  And if so will the SA office actually make sure there are real consequences?  Doubtful.   So yes there will be much more of this. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

Another reason I don't go DT anymore 'cept I still have to check in for Fed Jury Duty the next 2 weeks yet.

I doubt you are missed much.  This seems more your style: All You Can Stand to Eat

Edited by demopublican

one arrested so far

Surveillance video from the 400 block of Water Street in downtown Baltimore shows four young suspects attacking a man on the sidewalk, beating him into submission and then robbing him of a pair of cell phones--all in a matter of about 12 seconds.

Now, one of them, 16-year-old Devonte Parker has turned himself in to police."Someone saw this video.  They recognized Parker as being one of the suspects and they contacted police and we were able to make the arrest,” said Det. Jeremy Silbert of the Baltimore City Police Department. “Now, we're still looking for three additional suspects.  So, in essence, we need three more phone calls."

While the attack happened within a few blocks of the tourist-heavy Inner Harbor on a Friday afternoon, that doesn't begin to reflect the brazen nature of the crime.Surveillance video also captured images of the suspects as they waited across the street for their victim in the shadows of the federal building, which houses Homeland Security. 

Detectives say of the three suspects who remain at large, one in particular should be easy to identify."One of the suspects in this incident was wearing a panda bear shirt, and that's important to point out, because that's something unusual.  You don't see a lot of people with that kind of clothing item on," said Silbert. For his part, because of the severity of the attack and the serious injuries inflicted on the victim, Devonte Parker, while only 16 years old, is being charged as an adult with robbery and assault.

charged as an adult is a good thing

20 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

Definitely a good thing. And the first thing that BC judicial system will waste time 'haggling' about.

And talk about an asinine statement: "One of the suspects in this incident was wearing a panda bear shirt, and that's important to point out, because that's something unusual.

I bet he has more than 2 shirts and 'mommie' isn't likely to turn him in.

Im glad that this little turd was caught. I wish that the PIO wouldnt be so specific as to mention the article of clothing that the suspect is wearing. Criminals read & watch the news as well. Now that he knows he's been signaled out because of the type of shirt that he's wearing, do you really believe he will still be in possession of that shirt? That shirt  evidence is gone. All he has to say is "pay special attention to the suspects depicted in the video". Believe me, someone paying attention is going to see the suspects and what they're wearing. 

16 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Im glad that this little turd was caught. I wish that the PIO wouldnt be so specific as to mention the article of clothing that the suspect is wearing. Criminals read & watch the news as well. Now that he knows he's been signaled out because of the type of shirt that he's wearing, do you really believe he will still be in possession of that shirt? That shirt  evidence is gone. All he has to say is "pay special attention to the suspects depicted in the video". Believe me, someone paying attention is going to see the suspects and what they're wearing. 

Oh more than likely.....question is will they step forward. After that poor women being killed.... I doubt it.

Look this is my view and this is straight up about coming forward in this area. If I witnessed something and 'they' wanted me to testify. My reply would be; are your going to give me 24/7 armed security or are you going to issue me IMMEDIATELY a ccw. No?

Wait ....yah know.... I am not sure....I don't recall...it is kind of fuzzy now.

Hey that line has a lot of mileage in the hearings w/ congress .....

Baltimore police have charged four teenagers as adults in connection with the assault and robbery of an assistant city health commissioner in downtown Baltimore earlier this month, Baltimore Police Chief Stanley Brandford said.  Detectives on Wednesday arrested 16-year-olds Dewayne Lashley and Steven Chalk, who face robbery and assault-related charges, Brandford said during a Wednesday news conference.

On Monday, detectives arrested 16-year-old Quanel Randle of the 2600 block of Kirk Avenue. Police also arrested 16-year-old Devonte Parker of the 4000 block of Annellen Road. Parker turned himself in after someone recognized him and notified detectives, police said.

Looks like the suspects are being held without bond.

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

Looks like the suspects are being held without bond.

Good now sentence them appropriately 15 years should cover it

Just now, Eastsider said:

Good now sentence them appropriately 15 years should cover it

Uhhh, they need to stand trial first.  You know, due process and all the constitutional stuff.

10 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Uhhh, they need to stand trial first.  You know, due process and all the constitutional stuff.

No crap.......

On 6/22/2017 at 1:27 PM, Baltimatt said:

Ohhh don't be to hard on him.....he just got overexcited. :D

And geeeeee....these young men.....being held without bond......OOOOOoooooohhhhhh the inhumanity. These poor mistreated misunderstood waifs......don't you understand.....they are just a product of a society gone out of control.

Shame shame. ^_^

Hope they lose the key to the cell door.....probably will be the only jail time they get. More the better.

Edited by Guido2