Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

I think this is the worst pitching staff I've ever seen

30 posts in this topic

The Orioles will try to end their streak of allowing five runs or more in 16 consecutive games, an American League record and four shy of the major league mark set by the 1924 Phillies.

Bundy threw a nice batting practice last night. Look how many years it took for him to get to the majors. Then we had Arieta  that couldn't throw strikes this thing will just snowball with the umpires  borderline pitches will be strikes.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:23 PM, pitbull said:

The Orioles will try to end their streak of allowing five runs or more in 16 consecutive games, an American League record and four shy of the major league mark set by the 1924 Phillies.

I keep coming back to this same thing... Why do we have so much turnover in our pitching coaches? Is it Buck? Is that the pitching coaches are frustrated with the lousy talent in front of them? Is it that we've so botched the development of these otherwise good pitchers that the pitching coaches just throw up their hands and give up?

Under any other 'normal' circumstances, McDowell would be on the hot seat. But, he's not. Why?

Edited by JoyinMudville

In 2012 we had Rick Adair who took over for someone who resigned

2013 Adair resigns mid season

2014 Dave Wallace

2017 Wallace moves on

56 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

I keep coming back to this same thing... Why do we have so much turnover in our pitching coaches? Is it Buck? Is that the pitching coaches are frustrated with the lousy talent in front of them? Is it that we've so botched the development of these otherwise good pitchers that the pitching coaches just throw up their hands and give up?

Under any other 'normal' circumstances, McDowell would be on the hot seat. But, he's not. Why?

You need to read some of the comments from Wallace and Chiti when they departed and their frustration with Brady's meddling.  Just one story, but you get the idea. And Buck didn't seem to back his guys that I saw.