demopublican

Idiot Trump-Wingnuts charge stage during Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar”

89 posts in this topic

Always a losing proposition to act like the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Back to the usual right wing nuttery. They sure can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Quote

In the middle of the production, Loomer got up on stage and started yelling stuff like “Stop the normalization of political violence against the right!” and “This is violence against Donald Trump!” — which led to her being hauled off stage and later arrested and charged with trespassing and then released. 

Then, Posobiec stood up and started yelling “You’re all Goebbels!” and “You are all Nazis like Joseph Goebbels! You are inciting terrorists! The blood of Steve Scalise is on your hands!”

Damn all those Shakespearean actors who made it easy for a guy with a history of domestic violence to get a gun and hurt poor Steve Scalise! It’s kind of amazing that with all the pervasive right-wing violence in the country, and hate crimes on the rise, that these people have the gall to believe that violence against the Right, as supposedly encouraged by theater people, is a particularly pressing issue. It is not.


Read more at https://wonkette.com/618781/pizzagate-idiots-yell-at-shakespeare-for-murdering-donald-trump-and-steve-scalise#d751lp3jB7La6wuB.99

Edited by Calamari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VOSA said:

One word - Berkley.

One word-spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

One word-spelling.

Two words - Nit picker.

But when that's all you've got and the thought of not putting your 2 cents in terrifies you then that's what you have to go with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veritas said:

Always a losing proposition to act like the left.

I kind of agree with you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veritas said:

Always a losing proposition to act like the left.

Better to pressure sponsors into withdrawing funding.

Or is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lame protest.  The right has never been able to protest as well as the left.

I get that the reason for protesting is to disrupt and gain attention but it is annoying to have a fun evening disrupted by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Better to pressure sponsors into withdrawing funding.

Or is it?

Yes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

How many idiots would storm the stage if Caesar look like Obama?

 

I suspect many more. 

Edited by TheBaldGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one, they did that already and it was fine with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone even know the play and what happens AFTER Caesar gets killed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Does anyone even know the play and what happens AFTER Caesar gets killed?

We tried to explain that too, no dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I have said before people have the right to protest, they do not have the right to disrupt events, block traffic, or engage in violence.  Civil disobedience should never be tolerated in any protest.  The people who disrupted this play should be given the maximum punishments permissible for their crimes under the law.  People protest everything they don't like these days.  Peaceful protests should be welcomed.  Disruptive ones should be dealt with harshly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Lame protest.  The right has never been able to protest as well as the left.

I get that the reason for protesting is to disrupt and gain attention but it is annoying to have a fun evening disrupted by them.

The right usually has no need to protest. The cops do it for them. But these days the seams are splitting in every direction. I don't think the old rules apply perfectly since Trump has become our Lord of Misrule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More of a Caligula fan myself, I have the flick on one of my hard drives. SPQR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cprenegade said:

As I have said before people have the right to protest, they do not have the right to disrupt events, block traffic, or engage in violence.  Civil disobedience should never be tolerated in any protest.  The people who disrupted this play should be given the maximum punishments permissible for their crimes under the law.  People protest everything they don't like these days.  Peaceful protests should be welcomed.  Disruptive ones should be dealt with harshly.  

I must disagree-civil disobedience has long been an effective and useful tactic. Think rosa parks, ghandi and many others.

Of course the perpetrator should expect to be arrested and prosecuted....it's kind of the whole idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

I must disagree-civil disobedience has long been an effective and useful tactic. Think rosa parks, ghandi and many others.

Of course the perpetrator should expect to be arrested and prosecuted....it's kind of the whole idea.

In this case the "civil disobedience" was based on ignorance. To compare this person to Rosa Parks and Gandhi is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Does anyone even know the play and what happens AFTER Caesar gets killed?

Ice Cream ..???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they didn't hit anybody in the head with a bike lock .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

At least they didn't hit anybody in the head with a bike lock .

Indeed.  Or slash throats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

In this case the "civil disobedience" was based on ignorance. To compare this person to Rosa Parks and Gandhi is ridiculous.

More like PT Barnum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now