Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cosgrove

St Francis Player Leaves The Big 33 Game At The Half

31 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

Can someone tell me what happened with the young man from St. Francis to cause him to leave the Big 33 game last evening at the half?

Went to pick Poggi up at airport

Was the young man injured. On TV they made it sound like he just took off without anyone know what was going on. I have always been a little against these all-star games for kids who are already committed to a college because of the possibility of injury. 

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Lol... You are a mess. Cant stop laughing.

The Sun article says he left because he was injured. Another reason why it's foolish IMO to play in this game. 

32 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The Sun article says he left because he was injured. Another reason why it's foolish IMO to play in this game. 

This game makes no sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

This game makes no sense to me. 

Its not about you

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Its not about you

But thats probably why a lot of our top guys dont play in it. They would rather be at summer workouts where it all counts. Ohio can have it back IMO 

4 hours ago, jbmad said:

That's too funny. 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Cosgrove said:

Gentlemen,

Can someone tell me what happened with the young man from St. Francis to cause him to leave the Big 33 game last evening at the half?

I arrived at the game around mid-way in the 1st qtr and stood on around the fence during the game.  I saw him walked off the field holding his shoulder pads with (in my opinion) an extremely slight limp.  A couple of adults walked up to him and they all left shortly afterwards.  I did not see the play when he was injured.

Edited by ShoNuff07
correct spelling

7 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I arrived at the game around mid-way in the 1st qtr and stood on around the fence during the game.  I saw him walked off the field holding his shoulder pads with (in my opinion) and extremely slight limp.  A couple of adults walked up to him and left shortly afterwards.  I did not see the play when he was injured.

What number was he?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

What number was he?

I am almost certain it was B'Ahmad Miller....#17 I believe?

Edited by ShoNuff07
correct info

Yes it was, he is fine and now moved into Maryland, 

4 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

Yes it was, he is fine and now moved into Maryland, 

Thanks for the update.  Glad to hear he's fine.

I dont believe it is known if B'ahmad is fine.......my understanding is he had an MRI and is awaiting the results. He is at UMD and limping very badly with a brace on and being golf carted around campus......

You are correct, I just meant that it was nothing that kept him from moving in

I agree with TS. 

These Super All Star games have become pointless for many. College football demands are at an all time high. If I were a D1 coach, I sure as hell would not want any of my incoming recruits playing in some All Star Game in the middle of June.

I much rather him focus on summer workouts, lifting, learning nutrition habits and to be honest enrolling in summer school so that he can get ahead in the classroom and to start bonding with his future teammates. 

Quite frankly, these All Star games at the end of the school have become money makers for the promoters who "sponsor them". 

Posted (edited)

On 6/18/2017 at 10:59 PM, ShoNuff07 said:

I arrived at the game around mid-way in the 1st qtr and stood on around the fence during the game.  I saw him walked off the field holding his shoulder pads with (in my opinion) an extremely slight limp.  A couple of adults walked up to him and they all left shortly afterwards.  I did not see the play when he was injured.

There was an injury, he was told/advised to not continue and others (family) disagreed. The result, he left. When parents are so involved they ignore solid advise that is a problem. I wish him good luck with that.

Edited by WhoMe

Most injuries, the limp is not going to be as severe at the occurrence as it will be the following day....game officials and coaches were wise to keep him out.....I wish nothing but the best for the young man but Sunday was more than a slight limp and yesterday looked worse than Sunday

I love HS football and state rivalries, but I don't understand why this game still exists in its current format.  It's rarely a good game, benefits no one (except the promoters), and jeopardizes scholarships/financial aid already been obtained.

I agree 100%. I understand it's hard for PA and the Maryland Coaches Association to let it go but please let it go! PA wins the game 90% of the time and it won't matter at all if you move the game up a couple weeks. The Big 33 had a great run.

Big 33 is a greT game but also understand kids not wanting to play

I just bumped into the kid at College Park and he told me he tore his meniscus and he's done for the year . I sat and talked with him for about 30 minutes and the first thing he said was the injury is killing him and I said the physical part is easy it's the mental hurdle you have get over . I don't know this kid from a can of paint but he sounds and talks like a great young man so on that note football forum let's keep the youngin in our prayers 

need more proof that these games are more trouble than they're worth?  I think it's safe to say Durkin will prohibit his signees from playing in the Big33 game and similar games moving forward