Calamari

Schiff: Trump’s Team Is Using ‘Scorched Earth’ Tactics To Undermine Mueller

54 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, veritas said:

Trump should be quiet.  If he hasn't engaged in collusion, he has nothing to worry about on that score and it is that issue which Mueller is supposed to investigate.

The investigation will grow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, demopublican said:

The investigation will grow

And that is precisely what trump is afraid of.  He knows damn well that he's not on the up and up in a great many things and the deeper this investigation goes the more likely they are to turn up something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Hell, look at Clinton. Investigated for an Arkansas land deal ends up getting impeached for lying under oath about oral sex.

Republicans are well aware of the perils of a special investigation. It was a strategy they used themselves to try to bring down Clinton. They are now outraged that it could happen to them.

I can't disagree . Ken Starr was  a  waste of time and money. An evil man threatening to  put  Monica in prison  for 20 years if she didn't  "cooperate."  Such tactics should  be illegal . 

Edited by Duke of Earl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I hear Adam Schiff, I think of the 1st DA from Law & Order .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calamari said:

Saticon did the same 180 that veritas did:

:lol:

Here's Saticon not long ago:

Oops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demopublican said:

The investigation will grow

I think there are more people than Trump that aren't real happy about this Russia investigation. If they follow the Russian hacking through to the targets and every other person they came in contact with here and in Russia, theyre going to open a whole new can of worms. We'll be lucky to have a politician left in the swamp clean enough to be POTUS!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

And that is precisely what trump is afraid of.  He knows damn well that he's not on the up and up in a great many things and the deeper this investigation goes the more likely they are to turn up something. 

Which is a fishing expedition.  Are we investigating collusion or Trump?  The liberals claimed to have wanted the former but now seem eager to encourage the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Calamari said:

Saticon did the same 180 that veritas did:

:lol:

Here's Saticon not long ago:

Put up ONE post of mine questioning Mueller's integrity or retract your lies.  How you get away with ongoing lying is truly amazing.  And you complain of "mod pets".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, veritas said:

Which is a fishing expedition.  Are we investigating collusion or Trump?  The liberals claimed to have wanted the former but now seem eager to encourage the latter.

For all the complaining about the Pubs doing nothing for Obama, this is the Dems version for Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veritas said:

Put up ONE post of mine questioning Mueller's integrity or retract your lies.  How you get away with ongoing lying is truly amazing.  And you complain of "mod pets".

You do know it will not be what you meant in your post its the way she sees it ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

You do know it will not be what you meant in your post its the way she sees it ......

All I've ever said is that the rules would seem to call for Mueller's recusal.  That's it.  However, why respond to the truth when you can manufacture something to attack with?  It's the squid M.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veritas said:

All I've ever said is that the rules would seem to call for Mueller's recusal.  That's it.  However, why respond to the truth when you can manufacture something to attack with?  It's the squid M.O.

You did also say that you didn't think he could be unbiased because he is such a close friend of Comey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

For all the complaining about the Pubs doing nothing for Obama, this is the Dems version for Trump.

Isn't it shocking?  And Trump is so inviting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

You did also say that you didn't think he could be unbiased because he is such a close friend of Comey.

Nope, never said that.  I said he was close to Comey and should recuse himself on that basis.  Whether he could be impartial isn't really material.  It's no different than a judge recusing himself because one of the parties is his acquaintance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, veritas said:

Nope, never said that.  I said he was close to Comey and should recuse himself on that basis.  Whether he could be impartial isn't really material.  It's no different than a judge recusing himself because one of the parties is his acquaintance.  

It's just something to attack the integrity of the process. It is hilarious seeing it coming from the spider that foisted Ken Starr on us.

Your sides transparently cynical efforts to exploit the system for political power is a big reason why few people trust government anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, veritas said:

Are we investigating collusion or Trump?  

Both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, veritas said:

Nope, never said that.  I said he was close to Comey and should recuse himself on that basis.  Whether he could be impartial isn't really material.  It's no different than a judge recusing himself because one of the parties is his acquaintance.  

Is Comey under investigation?

Fail to see why Muller should recuse himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Is Comey under investigation?

Fail to see why Muller should recuse himself

Simple: to protect Trump!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

You did also say that you didn't think he could be unbiased because he is such a close friend of Comey.

Bingo. He isn't fooling anyone with his denials.

just like trump.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Bingo. He isn't fooling anyone with his denials.

just like trump.

 

 

Unfortunately I don't remember what thread it was in so I can't prove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, veritas said:

What's rather amusing is the claim that Mueller is "closing in on Trump".  No doubt some people in here are privy to evidence that nobody else has seen.  Or maybe they're just projecting their wishes.

So why did you change your mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, veritas said:

Trump should be quiet.  If he hasn't engaged in collusion, he has nothing to worry about on that score and it is that issue which Mueller is supposed to investigate.

Along with all related lines of inquiry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, veritas said:

True but Trump can't do much short of replacing Mueller which comes with its own bag of problems.  

Trump can't replace Mueller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevez51 said:

For all the complaining about the Pubs doing nothing for Obama, this is the Dems version for Trump.

The dems hold no cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hst2 said:

It's just something to attack the integrity of the process. It is hilarious seeing it coming from the spider that foisted Ken Starr on us.

Your sides transparently cynical efforts to exploit the system for political power is a big reason why few people trust government anymore. 

If you'd prefer that we eliminate ethics rules, just say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now