Calamari

Schiff: Trump’s Team Is Using ‘Scorched Earth’ Tactics To Undermine Mueller

54 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

So why did you change your mind?

I didn't, as has been explained multiple times now.

4 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Is Comey under investigation?

Fail to see why Muller should recuse himself

Comey is a central player in the conduct being investigated (obstruction) and is also close to Mueller.  It's not really that complicated.  But, as I've said three or four times now, Mueller won't recuse so you needn't worry.

Posted (edited)

On 6/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, veritas said:

Trump should be quiet.  If he hasn't engaged in collusion, he has nothing to worry about on that score and it is that issue which Mueller is supposed to investigate.

Well clearly he's worried about something or he would keep quiet. Even, and I realize how crazy THIS is, be supportive of the effort to get to the bottom of these Russian cyber attacks.

I don't think there was collusion. Mainly because the Russians didn't need any help. Trump is such a small minded creep that he equates this with somehow delegitimizing his victory. (Of course even knowledge of it at the time would be grounds for impeachment.)

What he should be afraid of in my opinion is uncovering his financial dealings with the oligarch run Russian banks. Having financial dealings with corrupt foreign banks is a felony--even if your dealings aren't in themselves illegal.

I don't kid myself, imagine it happens a lot. But once you become POTUS, it's a whole other kettle of fish. 

Edited by ms maggie

On 6/18/2017 at 9:06 PM, veritas said:

Comey is a central player in the conduct being investigated (obstruction) and is also close to Mueller.  It's not really that complicated.  But, as I've said three or four times now, Mueller won't recuse so you needn't worry.

When Mueller was hired all of these facts were known why a month later are they now a problem?