Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

June 18 - O's Offense Wakes Up Game Thread - O's v Cards

20 posts in this topic

Two triples in an inning.

Look at the way Mancini hustles right out of the box

I love Mancini's quick bat and that rather compact stroke. That allows him to get to pitches up in the zone he otherwise couldn't. That's one reason Davis strikes out so damn much; pitchers know that with that long, uppercut swing, he'll have trouble getting the bat to high fastballs.

Sadly, it appears that Jiminez is most effective

when he starts every other week.

In my opinion, Nuno is flat out horrible!

4 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I love Mancini's quick bat and that rather compact stroke. That allows him to get to pitches up in the zone he otherwise couldn't. That's one reason Davis strikes out so damn much; pitchers know that with that long, uppercut swing, he'll have trouble getting the bat to high fastballs.

Ill admit i didnt see this coming i knew he could play but i wasnt expecting this 

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

Look at the way Mancini hustles right out of the box

It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

Congrats to Ubaldo

That start allows him to keep his job another month. :D

14 hours ago, pitbull said:

It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Too bad Manny and practically everyone else in the line-up have to stand at home plate and admire every fly ball they hit. 

15 hours ago, Rob said:

That start allows him to keep his job another month. :D

As bad as our pitching is, Ubaldo ain't going nowhere.

42 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

As bad as our pitching is, Ubaldo ain't going nowhere.

UJ pitching well yesterday should be no surprise. How many times has he fooled us.  My only hope is he rips off a 5 or 6 quality starts and some pitching starved , playoff hunt team comes calling for a mid tier prospect. Long shot for sure.

Just now, CROUSEMAN said:

UJ pitching well yesterday should be no surprise. How many times has he fooled us.  My only hope is he rips off a 5 or 6 quality starts and some pitching starved , playoff hunt team comes calling for a mid tier prospect. Long shot for sure.

Of course our guys will never admit we are out of the WC race.

Well Hardy looks like he is going to be out awhile.  Cinches it that his option won't kick in and his O's career will be over at end of the season.  Boy our guys 30 and over are breaking down like a 72 Ford Pinto, LOL.   That was my first car, :lol: as a kid.

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Well Hardy looks like he is going to be out awhile.  Cinches it that his option won't kick in and his O's career will be over at end of the season.  Boy our guys 30 and over are breaking down like a 72 Ford Pinto, LOL.   That was my first car, :lol: as a kid.

Probably for the best. Gives us an early look at Tejada for an extended time to see if he can do anything, and Flaherty, if he can come back anytime soon. But we already know by now Flaherty can't do much of anything.

Edited by Pickle20

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Such a shame the O's don't have some exciting prospect at either 3rd base or SS to bring up and give a shot 

9 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Such a shame the O's don't have some exciting prospect at either 3rd base or SS to bring up and give a shot 

Mountcastle and Reyes are exciting yet 2yrs away ?

56 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Mountcastle and Reyes are exciting yet 2yrs away ?

Well at least we've got something down there. Will need a SS next year... or 3B if Manny moves over 

28 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Well at least we've got something down there. Will need a SS next year... or 3B if Manny moves over 

I'm still in the camp of Manny leaving I hope that's not the case but well 305 is popular