soulflower

Iran fires missile into Syria / US shoots down Syrian Fighter Jet

31 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

I'll grant you partnering with Russia in Syria was worth a try but the naysayers have been proven right. Your republican buddies in the Kremlin have again shown themselves to be willing to use any tragedy as an opportunity. But I can understand your fear of Iran given their meddling in our election and the many ways they have used suicide bombers against us. We have moved from descent into fall mode and if we don't start making preparations now that fall is going to be very ugly. Soulflower is correct. We no longer have the surplus cash to play Middle Eastern games anymore.

I assume your snark is intended to try and hide the absence of anything of value in your post.  Soulflower and semiauto are able to get the same point across, absent your drivel.  Take a lesson.

26 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Endless war in the ME is expensive. 

We should leave due to the impact on our debt if for no other reason...

We should leave because there is no mission.

We have no clue what we are trying to accomplish, other than to kill some unquantifiable number of bad guys, however we define the term bad guys this week, because the definition will change next week.  I have been saying this for years; if you cannot measure progress toward the goal for which you have committed troops and treasure, you have no business committing either troops or treasure.  I said this about Bush by the time he hit his second term, about Obama and now about Trump.  Semi is right about mission creep, except it is mission creep on steroids.

We are more than halfway to the second 10,000 day war in my lifetime and it is time to strike a formal treaty with Israel, Jordan and perhaps Egypt and get our people the hell out of there.

1 minute ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I assume your snark is intended to try and hide the absence of anything of value in your post.  Soulflower and semiauto are able to get the same point across, absent your drivel.  Take a lesson.

We should leave because there is no mission.

We have no clue what we are trying to accomplish, other than to kill some unquantifiable number of bad guys, however we define the term bad guys this week, because the definition will change next week.  I have been saying this for years; if you cannot measure progress toward the goal for which you have committed troops and treasure, you have no business committing either troops or treasure.  I said this about Bush by the time he hit his second term, about Obama and now about Trump.  Semi is right about mission creep, except it is mission creep on steroids.

We are more than halfway to the second 10,000 day war in my lifetime and it is time to strike a formal treaty with Israel, Jordan and perhaps Egypt and get our people the hell out of there.

No snark. Just facts. Yet you believe we should leave because there is no mission. You are all over the road here. Choose a lane.

Syrian pilot has been taken prisoner by the SDF