Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

MSJ Exodus

67 posts in this topic

Welcome to the summer thread. Thats why I asked Gooch of at least a position breakdown of the supposed 15 leaving. He told me to ask GA, which didn't make any sense. I think most on here figured 15 players weren't leaving. So, as of now, we're down from 15 to 1, and some possible stragglers. Summers get pretty silly around here as far as rumors and innuendo go. For long-timers, its pure comedy. You can find several posts in the last week with wild rumors that have been shot down shortly thereafter. 15 departing would be noteworthy, thats why I was looking for some substance, instead of amateur comedy hour that usually follow the unsubstantiated rumors and silly talk. 

19 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Yeah I'm here it's just 3 so far, the twins and the db

Twins, Savage and James. Four. I was told months ago that this was going to happen, actually by someone from the D.C. Area. They just said, wait and see. 

8 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Twins, Savage and James. Four. I was told months ago that this was going to happen, actually by someone from the D.C. Area. They just said, wait and see. 

James ain't going no where buddy bank it. 

James and savage are close that's why folks keep saying James leaving to

5 minutes ago, city40blast said:

James and savage are close that's why folks keep saying James leaving to

Look my boy came from the Pikesville program so I know the players.  But haven't kept in the fold until my brothers kid came through and is now at MSJ.  Going to leave this subject alone now and the facts have been stated.  Keep on speculating all you want but come on down to the school on Wed nights if you want to see for yourself and talk to folks.  

Yea went to watch my nephew was told by parents in the stands 3 left that's it end of story. James has been at all workouts and practices all summer. I went out just because I saw the drama on the board and wanted to see for myself. Non story seems like.

2 hours ago, DJ88 said:

Dam this is its own thread.  Not a good look got the scoop at practice last night, were the RB in question was.  Someone played a game and got called out and left and is now going to players houses trying to get them to roll out to the same place. I help pay my nephews bill as do all the parents there, but the word is out.  Question, what happens when you don't pay your car note and don't talk to the bank?  Whole lot of sour grapes and trying to drag others down along dam shame.  Picking low fruit from the tree to take along cause that’s all that will go.

Yep... That is the story I was told.

1 hour ago, DJ88 said:

Look my boy came from the Pikesville program so I know the players.  But haven't kept in the fold until my brothers kid came through and is now at MSJ.  Going to leave this subject alone now and the facts have been stated.  Keep on speculating all you want but come on down to the school on Wed nights if you want to see for yourself and talk to folks.  

I'm not saying he left lmao, I'm saying they close that's why others are saying he left lol

Same here just trying to relay accurate info I was told too seems like some under handed stuff being floated

The problem is that no one is relaying any real info. and that's adding fuel to the fire...everyone claims to have info. but few are actually sharing anything 

9 hours ago, DayWalker said:

In these Hudl days, not having tape isn't a recruiting problem only camps and one's coach can solve.  That's a player issue.....not really a good player.

A good player can get stuck behind a really good player who just doesn't come off the field.  Not like you can play the #2 pocket QB at DB until the senior starter graduates.  If you have one of those programs where the starters pretty much stay in regardless of the score, you can really have limited tape as the 2nd or 3rd guy.  In that case, you have to camp and you have to have a respected coach who can make your case to some smaller school to take a shot on you.  Obviously, that probably only happens where 1) there is tons of talent and 2) you have a coach with the connections.  Now, if your team blows and you still aren't on the field as a junior with a coach who is a 1st year PE teacher, to your point you probably should focus on something other than a scholarship.  How else does a junior with 1 catch for 11 yards go to UVA?  Or even a first year rising junior LB who has never played a snap of HS ball and has no tape whatsoever, but goes to a camp and gets a Power 5 offer?  That is the system working for a kid.

8 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

A good player can get stuck behind a really good player who just doesn't come off the field.  Not like you can play the #2 pocket QB at DB until the senior starter graduates.  If you have one of those programs where the starters pretty much stay in regardless of the score, you can really have limited tape as the 2nd or 3rd guy.  In that case, you have to camp and you have to have a respected coach who can make your case to some smaller school to take a shot on you.  Obviously, that probably only happens where 1) there is tons of talent and 2) you have a coach with the connections.  Now, if your team blows and you still aren't on the field as a junior with a coach who is a 1st year PE teacher, to your point you probably should focus on something other than a scholarship.  How else does a junior with 1 catch for 11 yards go to UVA?  Or even a first year rising junior LB who has never played a snap of HS ball and has no tape whatsoever, but goes to a camp and gets a Power 5 offer?  That is the system working for a kid.

But let me also state that if you come out your senior year and tear it up, you will get found.  Only challenge there is that, like lacrosse, certain positions at schools can fill up with the early offers and the guys who make verbal commitments. That's when it gets interesting and the early offers might evaporate to make room for the newest shiny object. 

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

I understand what you saying DMV but a good player stuck behind a really good player at the high school level is likely not to fare much better at the college level where there are so many really good players across the board.  What, less than 3% of kids who wish to scholarship get to do so.....  What, an offer provided to one kid is offered to two, three, four others with pretty much the same skill set.  The kid with 1 catch for 11 yards who secured a UVA scholly or the rising junior who has never played a snap of HS ball but gets a Power 5 offer are the great exceptions to the way things work to me and far far far less likely to occur than even the less than 3% chance I mentioned above.  I'm talking the likelihood of securing a D1 offer based soley on a camp and a coaches endorsement seems far fetched to me and I would want to rub those kids hair before I make my next lottery pick.

I am now thinking of a particularly good player as you are talking about who was stuck behind a really good player named Joe Haden.  That good player split to another school for game play, experience, and film and he ended up with a scholly at Pitt.  That was how he resolved his issue.  I've just been to too many camps to see the hundreds of hopefuls run about the same speed, jump about the same, and run around to get noticed while the college coaches seemed fixed on kids they really wanted to see or affirm they already had in sight.  I specifically recall once being at a Maryland camp several years ago where Damian Prince of McNamara appeared and he didn't work out but was driven around in a golf cart and the line coaches focused exclusively on Damian paying no attention or very little attention to the other camping linemen.  And didn't even Damain redshirt....

Edited by DayWalker

Lots of OL will get redshirted because most college coaches would rather have a 23 year old 5th year player playing for them as opposed to the 18 year old 1st year player ....and most 18 year olds coming in to college technique wise, in all honesty stink...

49 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

Lots of OL will get redshirted because most college coaches would rather have a 23 year old 5th year player playing for them as opposed to the 18 year old 1st year player ....and most 18 year olds coming in to college technique wise, in all honesty stink...

My point is not that Damian P redshirted but that he was one of the most touted high school players in the nation when he came out of McNamara and he needed to first sit and learn in college.  So compare that player to the likeliness of colleges willing to expend schollies on kids with one 11-yard HS catch or never playing a single down of HS football even absent a great youth ball resume who shined at a camp and had his high school coach's endorsement.....   I'm not saying that such don't happen but they must be great Great GREAT exceptions.

What I am saying certainly worthy of challenge here is that there must be hundreds of kids each year With Film who have similar skill sets as the player without film to make a more informed selection or pick up for colleges.  Film, full game film, and play experience is very important to me.  For every "good player" who never gets to see the field but from the bench behind a really good player, there are many Many MANY "really good players" with film and play experience elsewhere to draw upon for colleges.

10 hours ago, DayWalker said:

My point is not that Damian P redshirted but that he was one of the most touted high school players in the nation when he came out of McNamara and he needed to first sit and learn in college.  So compare that player to the likeliness of colleges willing to expend schollies on kids with one 11-yard HS catch or never playing a single down of HS football even absent a great youth ball resume who shined at a camp and had his high school coach's endorsement.....   I'm not saying that such don't happen but they must be great Great GREAT exceptions.

What I am saying certainly worthy of challenge here is that there must be hundreds of kids each year With Film who have similar skill sets as the player without film to make a more informed selection or pick up for colleges.  Film, full game film, and play experience is very important to me.  For every "good player" who never gets to see the field but from the bench behind a really good player, there are many Many MANY "really good players" with film and play experience elsewhere to draw upon for colleges.

Dead on!

And why I will always advise a family to go and play somewhere vs sitting

Dw its couple kids from private schools here that has power 5 offers and only had maybe 5 catches all year and only played special teams. But because of their size college coaches want them, before the smaller wr who had been productive on varsity. 

Just now, city40blast said:

Dw its couple kids from private schools here that has power 5 offers and only had maybe 5 catches all year and only played special teams. But because of their size college coaches want them, before the smaller wr who had been productive on varsity. 

PM me the name of any of them to check over.  I will not publicly comment further on who you tell me.  I just would like to possibly see if it is as you all are saying.  Now understand I see a big difference between an offer that is not binding from an offer that is accepted and honored....  But I can be schooled.  School me blast.

Then how about the name of an adult now who had no or very little high school play time who merely camped and/or was vouched by his high school coach to secure a big time scholly.  Anyone....

Only situation I can say is kids I have seen who were good ball players as juniors get hurt miss their senior year and a coach still takes a shot on them despite the injury.

Dw I meant it's saying u can't get messages, inbox must be full

Wow, I didn't realize it was full....  Thanks blast.  I took care of it.

DW,

I been trying to PM you for years!  I thought it was my ugly glasses or hair style...:P