Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blessed1

Reclassification

32 posts in this topic

One other question...what if he had a injury in the 2nd game of the his junior season that prevented him from playing a full season

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

One other question...what if he had a injury in the 2nd game of the his junior season that prevented him from playing a full season

Very fair question......  I look forward to the ethical, reasonable, and legal responses.  But for me, if the injury had no impact on studies and the player graduates on time, he gets no additional sports eligibility year.  And if the injury adversely impacted study, the player would be academically ineligible.....

But understand I am familiar with a player who was paralyzed on the kickoff of the first or very early game one season, his senior year I believe, and that kid continued his studies to graduate on time.

Edited by DayWalker

44 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

Go and ball out. Or find a post grad program. Look into Mercersburg in PA or Western Reserve in Ohio. I believe they have post-grad programs. 

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

Go and ball out. Or find a post grad program. Look into Mercersburg in PA or Western Reserve in Ohio. I believe they have post-grad programs. 

Hadn't considered that...   Fort Hill folks, didn't you have a linebacker within this decade who went off and played with a post graduate team?  I believe he had a brother on the Sentinels team who also went off to play with that team for a season before returning to FH because we wanted to play with his brother......

I will say this I had a player when I was coaching who turned 19 two days before the cut off he was held out of school in Kindergarden in Texas because of start Dates in the state. We asked Ned Sparks for a waiver due to the circumstances. We got an answer in 1 hour no!

Had another kid injured in a house fire 3rd degree burns as a 10th grader missed most of the school. The school held him back because of time missed and how badly he was injured. Another no on the waiver from Ned. 

Just my experiences as a coach before hanging them up.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Hadn't considered that...   Fort Hill folks, didn't you have a linebacker within this decade who went off and played with a post graduate team?  I believe he had a brother on the Sentinels team who also went off to play with that team for a season before returning to FH because we wanted to play with his brother......

Some of the best facilities Ive seen! Freakin off the hook!!

https://www.wra.net/about-wra

https://www.mercersburg.edu/page/Home-Page?#video/443588

We took a kid up to Western Reserve Academy on a visit so he could reclass as a junior and if he needed a post grad year it would be available to him

Edited by Tomslick

On 6/25/2017 at 7:59 AM, Blessed1 said:

That wouldn't matter.