Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcorioles

Dems "Stop talking about Russia".

76 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Quite the opposite I would think?

The runoff elections prove it.

Why? Because Republicans squeaked by in solid red districts?

17 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Let's let the multiple investigations into Trump campaign collusion do their jobs. In the meantime we can think back to that time that Trump asked Russia to find Hillary's "missing" emails

yeah and he did witness intimidation by saying "Comey better hope there's no tapes"

Surely, impeachment is just around the corner.  

2 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

yeah and he did witness intimidation by saying "Comey better hope there's no tapes"

Surely, impeachment is just around the corner.  

The witness tampering is because he lied about the tapes,

"Whoever uses misleading conduct to influence the testimony . ."

ALSO, falsely and publicly accusing a witness of a crime - - leaking - -  is witness tampering.

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The witness tampering is because he lied about the tapes,

"Whoever uses misleading conduct to influence the testimony . ."

ALSO, falsely and publicly accusing a witness of a crime - - leaking - -  is witness tampering.

How did he lie?  

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

How did he lie?  

I'm not going to parse your defense.

If you don't want to admit that he lied, the LAW condemns "misleading conduct." 

Cameron.  Did the President say he had tapes of the conversation?  I'm not the one parsing... but y'all know that.

Just now, workerbee said:

Cameron.  Did the President say he had tapes of the conversation?  I'm not the one parsing... but y'all know that.

Are you using the "depends what is is" defense?

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Are you using the "depends what is is" defense?

Not at all.  Show me the quote where he says "I taped the conversation"... "the conversation was taped"... "will you speak a little louder James"... "would you like another scoop of ice cream with that"? .  Something... anything!

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Not at all.  Show me the quote where he says "I taped the conversation"... "the conversation was taped"... "will you speak a little louder James"... "would you like another scoop of ice cream with that"? .  Something... anything!

Here is the actual tweet:

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

It is true he did not tweet that he taped anything, but it was implied; it was also an implied threat to Comey for anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension. My mother used to use the "You better hope..." phrase to us kids when we were growing up and when she did, her intent was to put fear into us. And, yes...it was quite effective! ;)

Edited by ncbirdfan

8 minutes ago, workerbee said:

workerbee, was the tweet intended to influence Comey?

Who'd better hope?

Comey'd better hope.

46 minutes ago, Cameron said:

workerbee, was the tweet intended to influence Comey?

Who'd better hope?

Comey'd better hope.

Influence him to do what?  Tell the truth!  Keep it up.  Hysterical! 

49 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Here is the actual tweet:

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

It is true he did not tweet that he taped anything, but it was implied; it was also an implied threat to Comey for anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension. My mother used to use the "You better hope..." phrase to us kids when we were growing up and when she did, her intent was to put fear into us. And, yes...it was quite effective! ;)

I agree.  He, Comey,  agreed the president wanted to know if any of his people was doing anything wrong.  

7 minutes ago, workerbee said:

I agree.  He, Comey,  agreed the president wanted to know if any of his people was doing anything wrong.  

Way have you become such a comedic poster?

19 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Name all the other times U.S. presidential candidates asked foreign governments to conduct espionage on fellow citizens in order to help them win an election.

There are none, including Trump.  I know reading comprehension is a challenge when you discuss Trump, but go back and read his quote and his tweet on the subject.  There is no ask for anything, unless someone wants to bend language in a way that makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Not sure what you mean.

Comey: The President went on to say that if there were some “satellite” associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him."

https://politicalwire.com/2017/06/08/who-are-the-trump-satellites/

It is funny that the president keeps coming out on top with every tweet.  I just hope he doesn't "choke"

20 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Influence him to do what?  Tell the truth!  Keep it up.  Hysterical! 

You have a head like a sieve.

I explained to you just the other day that it doesn't matter what Trump claims to be influencing Comey to do.

6 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

There are none, including Trump.  I know reading comprehension is a challenge when you discuss Trump, but go back and read his quote and his tweet on the subject.  There is no ask for anything, unless someone wants to bend language in a way that makes no sense.

Remember  "Bush-isms"?  This will be known as a Trump-ism.

"If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

His attempt a humor.  If someone has them they will be shared.  

Just now, Cameron said:

You have a head like a sieve.

I explained to you just the other day that it doesn't matter what Trump claims to be influencing Comey to do.

We will see Cameron... we will see. Come on 2018!

57 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

47 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Remember  "Bush-isms"?  This will be known as a Trump-ism.

"If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

His attempt a humor.  If someone has them they will be shared.  

Nice try but that's not the relevant quote

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,I'm sure you'll be amply rewarded by the press"

Just now, JoyinMudville said:

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,I'm sure you'll be amply rewarded by the press"

Now that one was funny!  And the delivery... superb! 

12 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

And you see in that a request to conduct espionage??  You have a quite vivid imagination.

9 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

And you see in that a request to conduct espionage??  You have a quite vivid imagination.

Hey... they thought the Clintons would win.  So did I.

We all did but then Trump had the last laugh on us.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, ncbirdfan said:

He's just trying to change the subject to Trump's veiled threat to Trump.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:54 PM, workerbee said:

Not sure what you mean.

Comey: The President went on to say that if there were some “satellite” associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him."

https://politicalwire.com/2017/06/08/who-are-the-trump-satellites/

It is funny that the president keeps coming out on top with every tweet.  I just hope he doesn't "choke"

And then he fired him because of the investigation he seemed to encourage.