AugusteDupin

Triple Shooting in South Baltimore

119 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, AugusteDupin said:

Driving without a front tag is illegal and therefore the reason why they stopped you and your friend. If their supervisors were there and did nothing to address your complaint then you should have called their Internal Affairs Unit to lodge a complaint. 

Ya don't say? Does that warrant talking to us like trash and making us sit on the curb for several minutes with no shoes on, and if they're doing this right in front of the commish to his delight, do you really think a call to IA would do anything?? You live in La-La- Land.  Are black people not allowed to have any dignity in this country?? Seriously??

26 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I'm pretty sure naïve was being sarcastic...

I can't tell with that guy

17 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Their superviosors were there. They were showing off for the police  Commissioner Frazier??. It was a dog and pony show for him (I guess he was visiting the field), and we just happened to be driving through at the worng place at the wrong time.  They stopped us because my friend didn't have a front license plate.  No need for a search or for  be humiliated and made to sit on the curb with shoes off.

I have been stopped twice and had my entire car searched and trashed.  Once I was riding roller blades to work (before full day light) and had a cop tackle me at full speed.  Hit my head, bloodied both elbows, crushed my lunch.  Cop was chasing a guy and thought I might be him.  

Released all three times after a long wait with no charges and no apologies.  

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Ya don't say? Does that warrant talking to us like trash and making us sit on the curb for several minutes with no shoes on, and if they're doing this right in front of the commish to his delight, do you really think a call to IA would do anything?? You live in La-La- Land.  Are black people not allowed to have any dignity in this country?? Seriously??

You can make excuses all you like. I just explained to you the steps that could be made to make an experience more pleasant than you're used too. And now that you edited your original statement to include Frazier's name, this particular incident happened more than 20 years ago. Im sure policing back then was significantly different than now. Is that the last time you were stopped by the police? Anything a little more current?

Just now, AugusteDupin said:

You can make excuses all you like. I just explained to you the steps that could be made to make an experience more pleasant than you're used too. And now that you edited your original statement to include Frazier's name, this particular incident happened more than 20 years ago. Im sure policing back then was significantly different than now. Is that the last time you were stopped by the police? Anything a little more current?

Uhh.. that's the whole point. We were talking about the MOM administration and their zero tolerance BS that helped create a lot of the mistrust people have for the cops now. 

I was stopped because some huge hulking cop thought I was someone else and pulled me over. Mistaken identity. He was rude as hell and seemed like he was pissed because I wasn't the guy he was looking for. Again, no sorry for inconveniencing you sir, have a good day...

MM is whining about being stopped 20 years ago for riding around in a car that didn't have two plates displayed as required by law? 

Who knew that he was exempt from the same law that rest of us are expected to follow? 

20 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

MM is whining about being stopped 20 years ago for riding around in a car that didn't have two plates displayed as required by law? 

Who knew that he was exempt from the same law that rest of us are expected to follow? 

Driving while black is not a myth. There is too much evidence to deny it.

12 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

No it's not a myth. However, if 8 out of 10 times something turns up - smell of pot leads to car search which leads to finding drugs, gun(s), or the driver has an outstanding warrant, then what does that tell you? Maybe if it looks like a duck, it might actually be a duck. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

No if you could read 3rd grade English you would realize what his issue was is being pulled out of the car for riding around in a car that didn't have two license plates. I was pulled over for that once in the county. I wasn't pulled out of my car. I got a warning after the officer checked my license and registration. There would be no reason to pull anyone out of a car for that offense. 

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

Oh it is not a myth....but there are also non-myths called facts.

Of all the pull overs....of white and black...which produce the most felony level arrests? Per capita...AKA....what is the ratio?

Looks like a duck....quacks like a duck....well ....if  not a duck he is wearing a great disguise. 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

And you're whining about my whining. A missing license plate shouldn't mean I have to sit on the curb with no shoes in front of the police commissioner. 

Have any similar stories to share?

35 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

And you're whining about my whining. A missing license plate shouldn't mean I have to sit on the curb with no shoes in front of the police commissioner. 

Not that include the police commissioner.  Otherwise similar 

13 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

No, but I understand that the law requires that TWO plates must be displayed, so there's that. 

In a city that just hit 180 homicides last night, scofflaws aren't helping. 

16 hours ago, demopublican said:

I can't tell with that guy

Reading is fundamental. Good for your sister, she will, love her new home.

21 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I've been to middle to Middle River. The majority of it is not waterfront.

Sorry. I did not know a "good portion" = majority. 

Learn something new everyday.

I ate a good portion of my breakfast today but had to throw the majority away as it was too much.

now I'm confused. I ate a lot but there was much more left. Did I eat the majority and throw a good portion away? Nah.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, bmore_ken said:

Of course not. It's easy to judge people from a safe distance.

Ohhhhhh I am so sorry I am late on this one.

This coming from a man that has ALL TO SAY about BC...who also high tailed to White Marsh years ago and is buying a house in Delaware.

Good ol White Marsh ken. Hypocrisy at it's finest on display. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, sparky1 said:

As a non-resident of Baltimore City AD, do you take some kind of perverse pleasure in following the affairs of the city and shaking your head knowingly that they, do not follow your lead? 

We recently had a Mayor for 8 years who followed the Guilianni/NYC model of 20 years ago. It did little but make the citizens even more resentful of the police and their stop and frisk tactics. 

Black Baltimoreans care about black on black crime. to say otherwise is nonsense. They are in a very real way paying for it with their lives, that they are largely powerless against its ravages is not a happy development or an "I told you so moment". 

OK sparky....we have NYC and we have Baltimore. Both used the same model of stop and frisk AKA 'Broken window policing'.

Now tell me.....why is NYC still not showing any signs of an upsurge in crimes (especially shootings) yet here in BC we are?

I think that is a reasonable question to ask you or anyone that wants to chime in. I have my ideas but would like to hear yours first.

I don't know. It could be a question of scale, or culture. I do not know why there have been different results. Maybe what works in one place may not work in another. There are obvious differences between NYC and Balto.

2 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

I don't know. It could be a question of scale, or culture. I do not know why there have been different results. Maybe what works in one place may not work in another. There are obvious differences between NYC and Balto.

Facts

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Facts

So....what are they?

I'll be nice and prime the pump for you....demographics and a judicial system that works..

Your turn.

Edited by Guido2

9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

So....what are they?

I'll be nice and prime the pump for you....demographics and a judicial system that works..

Your turn.

New York priced out a lot of their criminal element that happened to be black. It seems half of native black NYers live in Atlanta now.  Many of the blacks in NYC today are African and Afro-Caribbean. Harlem is white as hell now. I was in Brooklyn this past weekend, and the gentrification seems to hasten each time I visit.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

New York priced out a lot of their criminal element that happened to be black. It seems half of native black NYers live in Atlanta now.  Many of the blacks in NYC today are African and Afro-Caribbean. Harlem is white as hell now. I was in Brooklyn this past weekend, and the gentrification seems to hasten each time I visit.

So .... if I am reading  you correctly....then you are saying that .....oh my....there is a certain element that makes up a big portion of BC presently....of who's type, formerly existed in NYC ...but was eliminated because of gentrification and an influx of minorities that actually know what work is and have a functional brain.

Who would have thunk it. .:D;)

Good honest rational post BTW. Kudo's

White Marsh ken.....and your thoughts?

Edited by Guido2

26 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

So .... if I am reading  you correctly....then you are saying that .....oh my....there is a certain element that makes up a big portion of BC presently....of who's type, formerly existed in NYC ...but was eliminated because of gentrification and an influx of minorities that actually know what work is and have a functional brain.

Who would have thunk it. .:D;)

Good honest rational post BTW. Kudo's

White Marsh ken.....and your thoughts?

I do not think that Guilianni can be credited with fixing New York's crime problem. Crime and the murder rate wer declinign there before he came to office and have continued since he left. There have been several different police commissioners and much federal aid in increased officers to help NYC. Does not explain why Baltimore's current situation is so bad, but Demographics as you suggest does not mean anything. I suppose you are suggesting that there are "better" demographics than others, and that Guilianni had something to do with changing the ethnic and class makeup of NYC. 

I am not sure also what a "Judicial system that works" means. One that enforces the law? one that is merciless?, What should the judicial system do differently. 

I would hate to mischaracterize your argument about Baltimore's failures and NYC success, but does it amount to the belief that blacks are essentially lawless criminals, and the judical system should lock them up and throw away the key? or am I misreading you?

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

I do. But you may not like it because it is reverse discrimination.

Some years back I was pulled over by a black cop because unbenonst to me my reg tag had expired OR SO HE SAID...... on a very hot August afternoon after shopping for food. Well next thing I know,  a black sargent pulls up and 2 other cars with black officers then another one with a white cop. 

Well as the black cops tried to figure out how to get the pen caps off their pens. I sat in the heat of my van....(they took my keys)....and when I stepped out to get some air....I was screamed at my the Sgt. to get back in my van...AND WAS ALL SORTS OF READY TO SLAP CUFFS ON ME. So unlike some I got back in van.for another 30-40 minutes. All the while the black cops are giggling and playing with themselves. The white cop...tried to intervene and was screamed at by the Sgt. to get out of there.

So... they towed my van....gave me all sorts of violations....I had to go to court...hirer a lawyer....pay for towing....and storage etc etc. We are talking around 2500+ total here.

And guess what.....the DMV had screwed up my registration and the cops screwed up by pulling me over in the first place....judge looked at that ...said sorry....you are free to go.

Looking back....I should have sued the crap out of everyone involved. 

So there is my sob story. 

Oh and btw....regardless of what happened I still when ever I can thank cops for their service and when I can pay for their coffee at McD's.

Edited by Guido2