Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr Johnny Fever

Happy Independence Day

17 posts in this topic

A very happy, safe, and fun 4th to all.

This country, warts and all, is still the bestest.

And thank you will smith and randy quaid for saving us from the aliens.

Yes, happy 4th.  Try not to lose any fingers. 

As to Ken's link, I am in sympathy and agreement.  I have often wondered over the years what the US ever did to deserve the allegiance of ex-slaves and their descendants, which has been given so freely and often in blood.  It brings me a certain sense of awe. 

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

a Happy and Safe 4th to all....

Amen!

I'm 65 today and Now the thing Inside the Toilet just Broke, Today on a Holiday! Happy You Know What Birthday! I can't make it Stop so I had to shut off the valve there. Now I'm gonna have to take Another day off this week & get the Plumber in here Again to fix That after I just spent some $4K in May and had to take 4 days off to get all the rotten Galvanized pipe to the upstairs replaced with PVC. People say something Bad happens then something Good happens! I can't think of anything Good that has happened This Year! I know This month my Property Tax Bill will come in, Oh Yay!

So Happy 4th to the rest of you!

Eastside Terp is gonna say "Thanks for sharing Sunshine!"

Like I Care anymore!

4 minutes ago, Bartman said:

I'm 65 today and Now the thing Inside the Toilet just Broke, Today on a Holiday! Happy You Know What Birthday! I can't make it Stop so I had to shut off the valve there. Now I'm gonna have to take Another day off this week & get the Plumber in here Again to fix That after I just spent some $4K in May and had to take 4 days off to get all the rotten Galvanized pipe to the upstairs replaced with PVC. People say something Bad happens then something Good happens! I can't think of anything Good that has happened This Year! I know This month my Property Tax Bill will come in, Oh Yay!

So Happy 4th to the rest of you!

Eastside Terp is gonna say "Thanks for sharing Sunshine!"

Like I Care anymore!

I keep thinking "no one is shooting at me" and "the ship's not getting underway today".  Life is good.

I'm 70, I've got a wonderful husband, 3 great kids, 3 grandkids and we are all healthy.  Life is indeed good.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!

Happy 4th to you all. I hope this great experiment continue to succeed, in spite of those trying to sabotage it. Semper Fi 

19 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Happy 4th to you all. I hope this great experiment continue to succeed, in spite of those trying to sabotage it. Semper Fi 

Semper Fi

Just got back from National Mall. Quite a crowd, despite a hot muggy day and a few little spritzers and thunder clouds. All in all a good day with people from all walks of life. Rather civil compared to the rantings and ravings here on this board. I do hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! 

1 hour ago, Up2DaRack said:

Just got back from National Mall. Quite a crowd, despite a hot muggy day and a few little spritzers and thunder clouds. All in all a good day with people from all walks of life. Rather civil compared to the rantings and ravings here on this board. I do hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! 

Is that still a wild party like it used to be? I heard they banned alcohol a while back.

7 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I keep thinking "no one is shooting at me" and "the ship's not getting underway today".  Life is good.

I'm working on the shooting thing. The ones that sound/feel like artillery or rockets for a second get me pretty excited I'm the wrong way. 

6 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

I'm working on the shooting thing. The ones that sound/feel like artillery or rockets for a second get me pretty excited I'm the wrong way. 

It has taken my older brother most of his adult life to stop hearing the reeds rattle whenever the winds blows.  We were walking thru the Monocacy civil war battlefield one day a number of years go, just after I retired from the Navy.  It was very quiet. A gust of wind came up, moving some high grass, and I could see he was, all of a sudden, on patrol in some back swamp of Viet Nam.  He told me later how he lost one of his Marines that day.  Still remembered the kid's name more than 3 decades later. 

Ever need some one to share it with, send a PM.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Is that still a wild party like it used to be? I heard they banned alcohol a while back.

It was a sea of people, all rather well behaved all things considered. If there was alcohol, it was hidden. Lots of overpriced water bottles and other forms of commercial thievery with non alcoholic beverages, but otherwise a fun day.  It was quite a crowd, and by the time the fireworks started, almost wall to wall people. I've been there before, and was surprised at the crowd, thinking most might be scared off given all the terrorist worries of late. Glad I went though, as people were just... people... 

12 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

It has taken my older brother most of his adult life to stop hearing the reeds rattle whenever the winds blows.  We were walking thru the Monocacy civil war battlefield one day a number of years go, just after I retired from the Navy.  It was very quiet. A gust of wind came up, moving some high grass, and I could see he was, all of a sudden, on patrol in some back swamp of Viet Nam.  He told me later how he lost one of his Marines that day.  Still remembered the kid's name more than 3 decades later. 

Ever need some one to share it with, send a PM.

Thanks, MOTR.