Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Teen stabbed downtown Tuesday night

27 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-independence-day-stabbing-20170704-story.html

Quote

 

A 19-year-old man was stabbed Tuesday night in downtown Baltimore as crowds were making their way home after the Fourth of July fireworks celebration at the Inner Harbor.  Baltimore Police Lt. Jeremy Silbert said the wounded teen was found at 10:45 p.m. at the intersection of Howard and Fayette streets and was taken to the hospital.  His condition was not immediately known.

Police said detectives believe the victim may have been involved in an argument when he was stabbed. Because of the severity of his injuries, homicide detectives were called to the scene.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was also a pretty big fight after the fireworks around Harborplace.  There is footage on twitter.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

There was also a pretty big fight after the fireworks around Harborplace.  There is footage on twitter.  

 

 

And that's why we can't have nice things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No one in the harbor area were shot and killed and tourist were not robbed that I have heard of, so it was a success as far as Baltimore goes. 

Edited by jonsensback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

No one in the harbor area were shot and killed and tourist were not robbed that I have heard of, so it was a success as far as Baltimore goes. 

Yep. That unruly mob in the video is a success in Baltimore terms. Sad, and disgusting. And the video does not lie when one looks at the composition of that unruly mob. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

No one in the harbor area were shot and killed and tourist were not robbed that I have heard of, so it was a success as far as Baltimore goes. 

Exactly..Set the bar low enough and anything will be a great success!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

There was also a pretty big fight after the fireworks around Harborplace.  There is footage on twitter.  

 

 

After seeing that I'm never ever going to the city again, not even to watch the orioles or the Ravens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last stabbing i remember in that area was also a big event with a big crowd

i think it was the ravens parade

so you never safe even in a large group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

last stabbing i remember in that area was also a big event with a big crowd

i think it was the ravens parade

so you never safe even in a large group

That's why I stay away from big group events. Someone out there has to prove something. I like it when the crowds are small or no people at all. The firework show at the Inner Harbor doesn't look like a family event according to that video. I always thought it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

last stabbing i remember in that area was also a big event with a big crowd

i think it was the ravens parade

so you never safe even in a large group

That wasn't near or associated with the Ravens parade. Completely separate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Hank Moody said:

There was also a pretty big fight after the fireworks around Harborplace.  There is footage on twitter.  

 

 

Typical, right down to the white tee uniform of the street that makes identification difficult.

Their parent deserves blame for this too for allowing their kids to dress thug-style, knowing what the hell is going on in the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Typical, right down to the white tee uniform of the street that makes identification difficult.

Their parent deserves blame for this too for allowing their kids to dress thug-style, knowing what the hell is going on in the city.

They probably sneak out of the house in the white tshirt after dinner, while Mom is tidying up the kitchen and Dad is reading the financial section of the paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

They probably sneak out of the house in the white tshirt after dinner, while Mom is tidying up the kitchen and Dad is reading the financial section of the paper. 

"Ward, have you seen Wally's and the Beaver's white tee shirts?  I just pressed them and I swear I left them in their room so they could put them away after they finish their other chores."

Edited by Ode2Joy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

"Ward, have you seen Wally's and the Beaver's white tee shirts?  I just pressed them and I swear I left them in their room so they could put them away after they finish their other chores."

"June, I believe I saw the boys leave in their white tshirts with Eddie Haskell. They said they were going gangbangin' in Lumpy's car."

:D

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, jonsensback said:

No one in the harbor area were shot and killed and tourist were not robbed that I have heard of, so it was a success as far as Baltimore goes. 

Pretty sad commentary on how BC is doing. No one killed or robbed.

BTW did anyone ....notice the common denominator AGAIN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, PinkFlamingo said:

They probably sneak out of the house in the white tshirt after dinner, while Mom is tidying up the kitchen and Dad is reading the financial section of the paper. 

They have stock prices on street drugs in the paper? Do they have futures too? 

And just having a Mom and a Dad living together is a shocker by itself.

My God I had it all wrong. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:
Quote

 

An 18-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a downtown stabbing amid fights and rowdiness following the July 4 fireworks celebration in the Inner Harbor.

Matai Lyones has been charged with stabbing a 19-year-old man at Fayette and Howard streets at about 10:45 p.m. that day.

 

He was nolle prossed on 20 charged including armed robbery back in March.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=2B02345282&loc=2&detailLoc=DSCR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

He was nolle prossed on 20 charged including armed robbery back in March.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=2B02345282&loc=2&detailLoc=DSCR

Another fine example of someone who should not have been back on the street. Multiply that by a few hundred and one gets a pretty clear picture of what's wrong with the prosecutorial and judicial system in Baltimore. It is not a revolving door - it's spinning. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Papi said:

Another fine example of someone who should not have been back on the street. Multiply that by a few hundred and one gets a pretty clear picture of what's wrong with the prosecutorial and judicial system in Baltimore. It is not a revolving door - it's spinning. :(

It's a twistah.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Papi said:

Another fine example of someone who should not have been back on the street. Multiply that by a few hundred and one gets a pretty clear picture of what's wrong with the prosecutorial and judicial system in Baltimore. It is not a revolving door - it's spinning. :(

Not really news to anyone who's been paying attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Papi said:

Another fine example of someone who should not have been back on the street. Multiply that by a few hundred and one gets a pretty clear picture of what's wrong with the prosecutorial and judicial system in Baltimore. It is not a revolving door - it's spinning. :(

Not really news when the prosecutorial and judicial system in Baltimore are yet further examples of literally decades of one party rule when they are the result of overwhelming elections and appointments by Democrats in the city.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0