Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EL-FLIPPO

Massive WWE Leak Exposes 3 Million Wrestling Fans' Addresses, Ethnicities And More

9 posts in this topic

A huge, unprotected WWE database containing information on more than 3 million users, noting it was open to anyone who knew the web address to search. All data was stored in plain text. The data - which included home and email addresses, birthdates, as well as customers' children's age ranges and genders where supplied - was sitting on an Amazon Web Services S3 server without username or password protection. Another exposed WWE database contained reams of information primarily on European fans, though the information contained only addresses, telephone numbers and names.

While the security lapse is cause for concern, that WWE is also collecting ethnicity information and children's age ranges has privacy advocates anxious. It would appear, however, that the fans had volunteered that information, having the choice to do so on their WWE Network profile.

Multiple leaks have occurred on Amazon in recent months, largely thanks to misconfigurations of servers. The most notable was that of a Republican Party marketing contractor that left data on more than 198 million voters on an open database in June. In that case the information appeared to be amassed from a wide range of sources, and included addresses, birthdates, phone numbers and sentiment analyses for predicting individuals' opinions, religion and ethnicity.

I guess Amazon will be wrestling with this problem for a while. 

Did Kamala Harris used to be a wrestler, or was that a different person with the same name? 

11 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

9 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Makes me a little uneasy. I've done regular business with Amazon since 2000.

39 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

They're grappling with the issue but will be able to pin it down shortly.  

10 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Did Kamala Harris used to be a wrestler, or was that a different person with the same name? 

I thought you were being snarky at first. Dumb me was thinking about the politician.

But then I realized, you are mostly correct. WWE did have a Black sumo-looking wrestler named Kamala on their roster. Interestingly enough, his real name is James Harris - same surname as the politician. However their personal & family info does not coincide.

Kamala wrestled as "Kamala", and also as "(stagename) Harris", but not as "Kamala Harris".

3 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

They're grappling with the issue but will be able to pin it down shortly.  

Nice... :D

When I was a kid, another kid in the neighborhood went to see the wrestling down at the Civic Center. He signed the rest of us kids on the block up to the little newsletter they put out like every other week with all the stuff on who was coming next to the Civic Center and all. Eventually my Dad took me to a match. I remember we were Way up high and the Ring looked so little. All I can recall was there was a Midget Tag Team match and I guess a couple others but the Main Event was none other than Bruno Sammartino against Gorilla Monsoon! All I can remember was at one point Gorilla reached into his tights and threw some kind of white powder in Bruno's face and blinded him. I really don't remember though who eventually won. That was the Only time I ever saw wrestling Live. Used to watch it when we used to hang out at this one bar and they would put on Thursday Nite Raw and we all had Fun watching. I haven't watched any of it for probably 20 some years now. All the Stars we used to watch are mostly gone now. It was Fun for a while but I can't get interested in it anymore.