Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

'Smoke on the water: Hamburg under siege for G20'

52 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smoke-water-hamburg-under-siege-g20-105735312.html

Hamburg (AFP) - Cars torched, delegations' tyres slashed and flares fired at helicopters: Hamburg is living up to its militant reputation with activists giving the G20 a hostile welcome -- and in imaginative ways. 

On Thursday night on the eve of the summit of the leaders of the world's top 20 economies including US President Donald Trump, a protest march in this port city by 12,000 people quickly got out of hand. 

After a hard core of around 1,000 black-clad militants ignored authorities' demands to remove their masks, riot police moved in with water cannon trucks and tear gas.

That set the stage for hours of running battles between police and protestors in the back streets of Germany's second city that left 111 police officers injured, authorities said.

Again - Presenting the violent left, just doing what they do. 

Anarchists again, what a surprise.

Posted (edited)

NYC Mayor DeBlasio took a vacation and flew out and joined the protests.

"De Blasio will be the keynote speaker, organizers of the demonstration — Hamburg Shows Attitude — tweeted."

Edited by Saticon3

Notice all the signs are in English? 

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

Now that, if true, is a truly interesting observation.

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

They want Trump and his Trumpetts to be able to read them. Looks like they hit one of their targets. :)

3 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smoke-water-hamburg-under-siege-g20-105735312.html

Again - Presenting the violent left, just doing what they do. 

When the bank robbers run the banks some tension is to be expected. Presenting the authoritarian right looking startled as cows in a thunderstorm. For every cause, there is an effect. Whether it is right or wrong is another issue.  

3 hours ago, Calamari said:

Anarchists again, what a surprise.

Thugs. 

1 hour ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Now that, if true, is a truly interesting observation.

Watching both videos in the OP, I only saw a couple signs in German and then the "Welcome to Hell" and "Greenpeace" signs.  The first video stopped playing about 2/3's of the way through so maybe all the English signs came at the end.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Anarchists hardly represent the left... and make no mistake, the anarchists are where the violence is coming from

The protesters are being described as being part of an anti-capitalist group. That may not be "left" in terms of how we use the term in American politics to describe the Democratic party, but is is indeed extreme leftism in global terms.

True Anrchists would be opposed to all forms of societal organization (governmental, economic, social, religious), not just capitalism as an economic system. And if Mayor DiBlasio is indeed going to Hamburg to be the keynote speaker for "Hamburg Shows Attitude", it would be hard to try to align him with anarchy.   

18 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Anarchists hardly represent the left... and make no mistake, the anarchists are where the violence is coming from

Too true, which makes it very apparent how shady it is to try and equate the actions of anarchists (opposed to both liberals and conservatives) to liberals.

That just uses the right to further the anarchist agenda.

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

The protesters are being described as being part of an anti-capitalist group. That may not be "left" in terms of how we use the term in American politics to describe the Democratic party, but is is indeed extreme leftism in global terms.

True Anrchists would be opposed to all forms of societal organization (governmental, economic, social, religious), not just capitalism as an economic system. And if Mayor DiBlasio is indeed going to Hamburg to be the keynote speaker for "Hamburg Shows Attitude", it would be hard to try to align him with anarchy.   

I've heard several news accounts explicitly state that there are anarchists there mixed in with the anti-capitalists.  I've even seen some of the anti-capitalists interviewed and they were not at all thrilled with the violence either.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

I've heard several news accounts explicitly state that there are anarchists there mixed in with the anti-capitalists.  I've even seen some of the anti-capitalists interviewed and they were not at all thrilled with the violence either.

I don't doubt that there are some anarchists there just to stir up trouble. But the anti-capitalist group organizers do indeed represent the left side of the global political spectrum. I would agree with you that any of the anti-capitalist protesters who wanted to peacefully express themselves would be upset at any outside influences creating violence that could be viewed as a negative reflection on their organization. 

Just now, Papi said:

I don't doubt that there are some anarchists there just to stir up trouble. But the anti-capitalist group organizers do indeed represent the left side of the global political spectrum. I would agree with you that any of the anti-capitalist protesters who wanted to peacefully express themselves would be upset at any outside influences creating violence that could be viewed as a negative reflection on their organization. 

Oh I realize completely that the anti-capitalists represent the left side of the global scale.  What I am in disagreement with is the OP's contention that the violence is coming from the "left", when it's really coming from the anarchists.  Same dang thing happens here... the left tries to protest peacefully and the anarchists show up in their weird get-ups and bring the violence

All any of these places need to do is announce beforehand that if you're coming out with your face covered to cause havoc, you'll be shot down.  That would probably put a damper on the "fun".

4 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Oh I realize completely that the anti-capitalists represent the left side of the global scale.  What I am in disagreement with is the OP's contention that the violence is coming from the "left", when it's really coming from the anarchists.  Same dang thing happens here... the left tries to protest peacefully and the anarchists show up in their weird get-ups and bring the violence

Why is it that anarchists seem to only show up to disrupt left leaning protests? They don't tend to appear at conservative rallies, most of which do stay relatively peaceful. Wouldn't any self respecting anarchist want to try to make both sides look bad? Honest question. I am simply not aware of any conservaive events that erupted into violence by being infiltrated by anarchists. The shut down of speakers at Berkley actually prevented the conservative events from happeneing - wouldn't the anarchists want to let it begin and then disrupt it from within? (which is what seems to happen at  some of the liberal events). 

12 minutes ago, Papi said:

Why is it that anarchists seem to only show up to disrupt left leaning protests? They don't tend to appear at conservative rallies, most of which do stay relatively peaceful. Wouldn't any self respecting anarchist want to try to make both sides look bad? Honest question. I am simply not aware of any conservaive events that erupted into violence by being infiltrated by anarchists. The shut down of speakers at Berkley actually prevented the conservative events from happeneing - wouldn't the anarchists want to let it begin and then disrupt it from within? (which is what seems to happen at  some of the liberal events). 

It's because the violent anarchists are actually a false flag operation of the republicans.....even in Germany. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

It's because the violent anarchists are actually a false flag operation of the republicans.....even in Germany. :lol:

Byngo!

Here in the good ol' USA, it tends to be CIA contractors.

SSDD...

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Papi said:

They're on the left. 

Edited by Ode2Joy

LOL, like anyone believes they don't support the Left.

Own it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40534768

So who are the anarchists?

Far-left extremism has become a feature of protests in recent years, and Hamburg - known for its squatter scene, which developed in the 1980s - is not stranger to violent protests.

Clashes broke out at this year's May Day protest in the city, while in 2008 cars burned as extremists battled police on the streets for several hours.

It meant Hamburg police were already aware of the potential issues ahead of the G20, drafting in police from around the country.

They also carried out operations ahead of the summit, finding weapons they believe protesters would have used against officers.

But the city was not just on alert for extremists within its bounds. Police were expecting them to be joined by left-wing extremists from other German cities, including Berlin and Rostock, with others coming from further afield.

Yeah.  They own it whether they want to admit it or not.

56 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

LOL, like anyone believes they don't support the Left.

Own it.

Why do I need to own anything? :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40534768

Yeah.  They own it whether they want to admit it or not.

You need to get with the program.

If the demonstrators are peaceful they're dedicated peace loving liberals seeking only recognition of their positions.

If they're violent they're agent provocateurs sent by the cia, rnc, trump, the illuminati, and probably the pope. :lol:

Fear not, diblasio will get to the bottom of it.....thank goodness he's solved all of new york's problems.