Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

McConnell facing the music on ACA..

222 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

ACA wasn't intended to succeed , which is why it was passed before it could be read. Most Dems prefer single payer. When ACA passed Barney Frank was challenged as to why he voted for ACA when he said he was for single payer. He said ACA was the best way to single payer.

But Democrats will forever credit Obama as paving the way. Single payer is inevitable once Democrats are in power. I will credit Democrats on one thing; they will sacrifice political capital to get what they want. Republicans essentially play prevent defense when in power. It keeps them in power slightly longer, but they eventually lose power because their base gets tired of their empty rhetoric. 

2 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

More Americans voted for Clinton. ;)

Keep up the good work.

2 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Keep up the good work.

When posters like you make comments like "Elections have consequences as Obama said and the unlikeable Democrats can't win elections.  America has spoken and they don't want the Democrats involved" it shows how ill-informed they are. Hillary was so unlikable she got millions more actual votes than Trump. And she did that without having to collude with the enemy. So Trump wins the unlikable category hands down. And compare this election with that of Obama's. Obama won TWO elections by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote by the millions.

And didn't he say the election was rigged? That's probably the only truthful thing he has said to date. ;)

22 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

When posters like you make comments like "Elections have consequences as Obama said and the unlikeable Democrats can't win elections.  America has spoken and they don't want the Democrats involved" it shows how ill-informed they are. Hillary was so unlikable she got millions more actual votes than Trump. And she did that without having to collude with the enemy. So Trump wins the unlikable category hands down. And compare this election with that of Obama's. Obama won TWO elections by winning both the electoral college and the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote by the millions.

And didn't he say the election was rigged? That's probably the only truthful thing he has said to date. ;)

Right.

The First Step Is Admitting You Have A Problem

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Thanks a lot! I spit my coffee all over my keyboard. Now that is hilarious! :lol:

And yes, we do have a problem with a political party that knows how to suppress voters and be obstructionists but know nothing about how to legislate. To be fair our country never does well when either party has complete control.

My advise to you is to buy an English-Russian translator. It may come in handy. ;)

Edited by ncbirdfan

12 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Thanks a lot! I spit my coffee all over my keyboard. Now that is hilarious! :lol:

And yes, we do have a problem with a political party that knows how to suppress voters and be obstructionists but know nothing about how to legislate. To be fair our country never does well when either party has complete control.

My advise to you is to buy an English-Russian translator. It may come in handy. ;)

Russia?  Have you been watching Rocky IV again?

The right side of history

23 hours ago, hst2 said:

At this point, only two Republican senators oppose the current form of the bill.

And now with McCain out for a weeki

Republicans have managed to do what the Democrats couldn't- make Obamacare popular.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:47 PM, Manny said:

But Democrats will forever credit Obama as paving the way. Single payer is inevitable once Democrats are in power. I will credit Democrats on one thing; they will sacrifice political capital to get what they want. Republicans essentially play prevent defense when in power. It keeps them in power slightly longer, but they eventually lose power because their base gets tired of their empty rhetoric. 

I can't argue with anything in your post. It's exactly right, the pubbies are afraid of their own shadow. The ACA was a way to single payer but I think it was more sinister the "Showing the strength of public option" as Barney said. There is no way they didn't know the actuaries didn't add up to support this system. I think, and this is JMHO, it was designed to fail and default to a single payer government run "plan", giving them a sixth of the economy to steal from. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what makes the dems so good at politics. They are disciplined, organized and ruthless.

Colorado residents now facing 27%-40% increases again this year - Preliminary Colorado Numbers Show Big Health Insurance Rate Increases

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865

"Affordable" Care Act.  I'm sure glad we had to pass that law to find out what's in it. :lol:

47 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The ACA was a way to single payer but I think it was more sinister the "Showing the strength of public option" as Barney said. There is no way they didn't know the actuaries didn't add up to support this system. I think, and this is JMHO, it was designed to fail and default to a single payer government run "plan", giving them a sixth of the economy to steal from. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what makes the dems so good at politics. They are disciplined, organized and ruthless.

This is the kind of thing I expect to read on freerepublic.com. There's this weird mindset that the other 'side' is always playing chess like some grandmaster while your 'side' is bumbling about. You're giving these people way too much credit. There was and is no sinister plan afoot to intentionally wreck healthcare and force single payer onto the US.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

This is the kind of thing I expect to read on freerepublic.com. There's this weird mindset that the other 'side' is always playing chess like some grandmaster while your 'side' is bumbling about. You're giving these people way too much credit. There was and is no sinister plan afoot to intentionally wreck healthcare and force single payer onto the US.

Had to do a double take to make sure I read that right. Dems are good at politics? That's news to me. 

1 hour ago, PeterRabbit said:

Colorado residents now facing 27%-40% increases again this year - Preliminary Colorado Numbers Show Big Health Insurance Rate Increases

Link

Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar attributed the boosts largely to the uncertainty over what changes to health-insurance law will be made by Congress, particularly in regard to the possible end of programs that reimburse insurers that take on a large number of high-risk patients.

Same story as in most of the country- uncertainty and deliberate games by the Trump administration is driving most of the rate increases.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:18 PM, mrdeltoid said:

ACA wasn't intended to succeed , which is why it was passed before it could be read. Most Dems prefer single payer. When ACA passed Barney Frank was challenged as to why he voted for ACA when he said he was for single payer. He said ACA was the best way to single payer.

I believe this was the plan all along as well. The fact that even some conservatives are looking at some form of single payer with fresh eyes suggests how successful the plan really was. 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, Manny said:

But Democrats will forever credit Obama as paving the way. Single payer is inevitable once Democrats are in power.

No it isn't. They could have done that in 2008 instead of the ACA. Dems and repubs are beholden to  the insurance companies, Big Pharma. and their cash. I doubt we see single payer any time soon regardless of who's in power.

Edited by bmore_ken

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I'm not so sure about that but you do have a point. It reminds me of Henry Kissenger's characterization regarding the cold war.

The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.

16 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No it isn't. They could have done that in 2008 instead of the ACA. Dems and repubs are beholden to  the insurance companies, Big Pharma. and their cash. I doubt we see single payer any time soon regardless of who's in power.

Wow we agree again.

I would like to believe that regardless of how good or bad the outcome of healthcare is...that in a couple of years that the American voters finally say 'enough is enough' and send every incumbent they can packing. For jerking us around. PERIOD.

Even those idiots that remain....are going to have an 'ahh poop' moment and figure out that ...as much as the 'freebies' are great....it is tough to collect them when you are no longer in office. IMO

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Had to do a double take to make sure I read that right. Dems are good at politics? That's news to me. 

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Rael's Kissinger quote is more or less the mindset many people have. The other guys are whizzes, meanwhile, we keep getting schooled.

15 minutes ago, Rael said:

I'm not so sure about that but you do have a point. It reminds me of Henry Kissenger's characterization regarding the cold war.

Yes, this is pretty much what I'm getting at.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Rael's Kissinger quote is more or less the mindset many people have. The other guys are whizzes, meanwhile, we keep getting schooled.

Yes, this is pretty much what I'm getting at.

Where's the distinction???

2 hours ago, PeterRabbit said:

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865

"Affordable" Care Act.  I'm sure glad we had to pass that law to find out what's in it. :lol:

I can't wait until the Republicans get the White House, and both chambers of Congress. There going to fix this mess.

2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I can't wait until the Republicans get the White House, and both chambers of Congress. There going to fix this mess.

Thanks, I just spit my drink everywhere.  :lol: :lol:

10 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Thanks, I just spit my drink everywhere.  :lol: :lol:

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Likewise with my coffee :D

LOL. Peter Rabbit just makes it too easy. Beatrix Potter would not approve.B)