Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

Donald Trump Jr. tweets new violent video of his father shooting down ‘CNN’

34 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, hst2 said:

Indeed. Demagoguery is very dangerous.

And predictably, it is aimed at the press, an essential democratic institution. Its like an attack on language itself.

Have you listened to Trump speech-afying or read his Tweets....he is a full frontal attack on language. :lol:

On 7/11/2017 at 8:54 AM, alienrace said:

Yeah, well, you seem a bit biased on that.  Either that, or you don't watch CNN.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, EL-FLIPPO said:

It's a matter of "degree" and "kind".

On 7/11/2017 at 1:08 PM, alienrace said:

Sorry, but neutral people see it for what it is - and don't excuse either party.

Who's offering excuses?

I simply object to your false equivalency when comparing CNN statements vs those of Bonzo & Company. They are not equally disgusting (degree), nor in the same category (kind).

If you can refute that with more than one isolated example, I will gladly concede to your position.

Posted (edited)

[Dupe glitch] - Mod, please delete

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Posted (edited)

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Posted (edited)

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Just another obvious ploy to distance the baseball field attempted assassinations.

40 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Who's offering excuses?

I simply object to your false equivalency when comparing CNN statements vs those of Bonzo & Company. They are not equally disgusting (degree), nor in the same category (kind).

If you can refute that with more than one isolated example, I will gladly concede to your position.

Equivalency has no bearing.  Both parties are guilty.  Degrees are irrelevant - unless you have a partisan position to uphold. 

The old saying "Never argue with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it" - absolutely applies in this case. 

And yes, trotting out the old "false equivalency" defense is the very definition of excusing someone.

11 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Equivalency has no bearing.  Both parties are guilty.  Degrees are irrelevant - unless you have a partisan position to uphold. 

The old saying "Never argue with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it" - absolutely applies in this case. 

And yes, trotting out the old "false equivalency" defense is the very definition of excusing someone.

Like when people pull the "both sider" crap when Trump and/or Republicans do something ridiculous?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, alienrace said:

You first accuse me of offering an excuse, and now a defense, based upon the fact that I disagree with your opinion.

Your definition of a "false equivalency defense" is suspect. Methinks you are trying too hard to prove a point.

There's another old pig saying - " Do not...cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet..."

Edited by EL-FLIPPO