Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Trump Jr Admits to Meeting With Russians in Order to Get Dirt on Hillary

985 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I think a few of our Trump supporting right wing friends are somewhat upset that we would expect the Trumps to be as ethical and upstanding as the Obamas. 

Now that's a good one! :D

26 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Hey, if you can believe in Lynch & Bill Clinton talking about nothing but Grandkids, you can believe anything!

Believe anything?  Like you believe in Trump? Not quite there...

23 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I think a few of our Trump supporting right wing friends are somewhat upset that we would expect the Trumps to be as ethical and upstanding as the Obamas. 

The Trumpetts are in an obvious tizzy today for some reason...

Trump supporters don't think it's a big deal that Jr. tried to go to the Russians to find dirt on Clinton.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

What's interesting is that yesterday he said he had no idea who she was. Today he's saying that the pretext of the meeting was to get dirt the Russians had on Hillary.

Don't you hate when an agent of a foreign country lures you into a mtg promising dirt on your enemies but actually wants to talk about adoption?

Some people...

Edited by ms maggie

1 hour ago, Daan said:

By whom?

Trump Jr thought he was getting information that the Russians were "colluding" with the DNC to help Hillary.

So you admit the campaign met with the Russians to help defeat Clinton?

59 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

So you admit the campaign met with the Russians to help defeat Clinton?

Nope.  I said there's nothing here but pathetic and boring Trump bashing.

Get a life.

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Daan said:

Get a life.

Like Schultz on Hogan's Heroes you see nothin'. :wub:

Edited by ncbirdfan

2 hours ago, Daan said:

Get a life.

No, just espionage, cyber attacks on our electoral system, and activities that, if the Clinton campaign had engaged in, you would be calling 'treason'

Colluding with an adversarial foreign power to subvert our democratic process is treason. Nothing boring about that.

5 hours ago, Daan said:

Maybe it was nothing but a conversation about adopting children.

If it was nothing but a conversation about adopting children, they wouldn't have tried to keep it under wraps and then changed their story over the course of 24 hours.

Why do we keep finding out that the Trump campaign and transition team was having all these unreported meetings with the Russians?

12 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

If it was nothing but a conversation about adopting children, they wouldn't have tried to keep it under wraps and then changed their story over the course of 24 hours.

Why do we keep finding out that the Trump campaign and transition team was having all these unreported meetings with the Russians?

It's referred to as incremental truth telling. First you report a meeting in the broadest terms. Then with each successive interview you add a tiny bit more information in the hope that the authorities will grow tired and go away. These guys are hapless liars as well. It's amazing the number of gullible fools who elected this rat's nest to the WH.

It's possible this meeting took place exactly as Trump Jr says. This woman is known to be all about protesting that adoption law. I just don't understand all the lying.

11 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

every day when you guys get up, do you rush to your preferred device to check in on CNN hoping that this is it, this is THE day when THE BOMBSHELL comes out that will surely sink Trump?  Ever get tired of the disappointment, when, 2, 3 days , maybe 3 weeks later, that bombshell is long forgotten and now you're on, like final straw, smoking gun  #132 or so?  Does it grate on your nerves to still see Donald Trump behind the Presidential seal, in the Oval Office, on official Presidential trips, hopping off Air Force One, etc.? Do you keep saying to yourselves     " That should have been Hillary" over and over?

:lol:

Are you describing your own feelings towards Obama's impeachment?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

It's possible this meeting took place exactly as Trump Jr says. This woman is known to be all about protesting that adoption law. I just don't understand all the lying.

That's the only consistent thing when it comes to Trump's associates and Russia

There is example after example of them lying about meetings with Russian representatives. After a while, it stops seeming coincidental.

No need to mislead if everything is above board. Lying is an indication of conscientiousness of guilt.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Daan said:

Maybe it was nothing but a conversation about adopting children.

did you read jr's statement on Sunday-- he terminated the conversation once adoption became the subject.....he states  he "was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign." ...the fact he met with anyone connected to Russia to get this type of information is a crime....

regarding adoption--> he further stated that when Veselnitskaya began discussing these other issues, "It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting. I interrupted and advised her that my father was not an elected official, but rather a private citizen, and that her comments and concerns were better addressed if and when he held public office."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/09/politics/trump-russia-meeting-campaign/index.html

by the way, for you and others, meeting with a kremlin backed lawyer offering damaging info about a rival's campaign is collusion....think about that...

it is people like you who are willing to dismiss the illegal and unethical behavior of this criminal enterprise who are boring....your defense of jr's behavior is flat out wrong....as stated by jr himself....

Edited by can you hear me now!

It's called politics.

Hey at least he hasn't used a Govt agency to intimidate people.

Here we go again. Liberals never learn. lol

Just now, Fang said:

Here we go again. Liberals never learn. lol

We have multiple juicy Lib thread fails to bring back up,just like the Election prediction threads.

Patience...........

2 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

“We do not get our opposition research from spies, we do not collaborate with Russian spies, unless we want to be accused of treason.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341223-ex-bush-ethics-lawyer-on-trump-jr-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-this

Look for possible ‘I want to spend more time with my family’ resignations coming out of the White House in the not-too-distant future...

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

It's called politics.

Hey at least he hasn't used a Govt agency to intimidate people.

No, it's called lying. They're lying because they are trying to hide something.

Lie after lie after lie after lie. Then partial admissions, then additional admissions.

Your second statement is absurd. Trump has routinely attacked and tried to intimidate individuals via twitter and public statements. Yes, the President of the United States personally singling out individuals with insults and intimidation.