Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Trump Jr Admits to Meeting With Russians in Order to Get Dirt on Hillary

899 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Coming soon to a Trump Course near you...yikes!

The Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) , has invited Donald Trump Jr. to publicly testify about his meeting with a Russian lawyer offering compromising information on Hillary Clinton, with the AP noting that the committee "will subpoena" Trump's son if it is necessary.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-13/trump-jr-asked-tesify-senate-judiciary-committee-will-subpoena-if-necessary

15 hours ago, ms maggie said:

So that's a big win for you?

This is just comical. Clinton impeached over a lie about a ********. 

But this? Meh? Cuz a ******* really struck at the heart of our democracy. Russians messing with our election process and Trump folks meeting with these same Russians? No big deal. Lies about those meetings? Relax. Again not like it was lying about oral sex!!

I never said anything about winning.  The question is whether there was collusion, not whether the Russians hacked the DNC, Podesta or others.  Funny that you would bring up Clinton as if I referenced the Monica adventure.  Of course, I've never claimed in this forum that that was an impeachable offense.  I've said the opposite.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

I never said anything about winning.  The question is whether there was collusion, not whether the Russians hacked the DNC, Podesta or others.  Funny that you would bring up Clinton as if I referenced the Monica adventure.  Of course, I've never claimed in this forum that that was an impeachable offense.  I've said the opposite.

We now know about the mtg. Despite efforts to hide it. If they took her up on the offer, that would be collusion. The boys say they didn't.

You'll excuse my skepticism.

22 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

We now know about the mtg. Despite efforts to hide it. If they took her up on the offer, that would be collusion. The boys say they didn't.

You'll excuse my skepticism.

So any meeting to get information on the opposing party coming from a foreign citizen is collusion? Better tell the Democrats because that has been standard MO for a long time. Old McCain should also watch out since wasn't he the one who commissioned the Steele report? Or did he just pass it around?

Let met put it this way.  An experienced campaign does their opposition research outside of the campaign.   That way you avoid these sorts of messes.

4 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

So any meeting to get information on the opposing party coming from a foreign citizen is collusion? Better tell the Democrats because that has been standard MO for a long time. Old McCain should also watch out since wasn't he the one who commissioned the Steele report? Or did he just pass it around?

It's like you haven't even seen the emails at all :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Foreign govt, not citizen.The Russian govt offering Trump campaign assistance and them accepting it is collusion.

Steele was paid to investigate Trump. He's not a foreign govt. Perhaps you already know that.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

It's like you haven't even seen the emails at all :rolleyes:

Sure I have, what is the big deal? He wanted dirt, all parties look for dirt. Some even just make it up.

Just now, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Sure I have, what is the big deal? He wanted dirt, all parties look for dirt. Some even just make it up.

In the email it explicitly states that the meeting is supposed to be with someone representing the Russian government and their efforts to assist the trump campaign.  It's not just some meeting with some random foreigner.

1 minute ago, ms maggie said:

Foreign govt, not citizen.The Russian govt offering Trump campaign assistance and them accepting it is collusion.

Steele was paid to investigate Trump. He's not a foreign govt. Perhaps you already know that.

Well then Trump Jr is off the hook, it doesn't look like the Russian Govt offered anything.

So I will ask again, if Hillary had been in this situation would you truly be calling it Collusion if she was being offered evidence of Trump Colluding with Putin?

Just now, banner1124 said:

In the email it explicitly states that the meeting is supposed to be with someone representing the Russian government and their efforts to assist the trump campaign.  It's not just some meeting with some random foreigner.

Again, I don't think the law says information is off limits, if so then freedom of speech is an issue.

Again, I don't think the law says information is off limits, if so then freedom of speech is an issue.

It is illegal for a campaign to accept anything of value from a foreign government... and that includes information

1 minute ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well then Trump Jr is off the hook, it doesn't look like the Russian Govt offered anything.

So I will ask again, if Hillary had been in this situation would you truly be calling it Collusion if she was being offered evidence of Trump Colluding with Putin?

I would... but can you honestly say that you would be taking the no big deal approach if this were Hillary we were talking about?  Based on your posting history I'd have to say absolutely not

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

It doesn't look like they didn't offer anything based on Junior's say so. The same guy who serially lied about the meeting taking place and its subject?

Well I can see why you'd believe him.

Hillary instead of Trump would make no difference. What an astonishing idea.

Edited by ms maggie

Are you well? 

What do you think spies traffic in?Fruits and vegetables? 

How is this a freedom of speech issue?

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

It is illegal for a campaign to accept anything of value from a foreign government... and that includes information

I would... but can you honestly say that you would be taking the no big deal approach if this were Hillary we were talking about?  Based on your posting history I'd have to say absolutely not

So now you are legal scholar? I already posted a link to a legal scholar who disagrees with you about information being included.

As to your second point, if Hillary had tried to get information on Trump then I would have no problem with it, in fact I am sure she did

try, and that foreign governments were involved. What is one more crime along with all the rest she has committed.

1 minute ago, ms maggie said:

Are you well? 

What do you think spies traffic in?Fruits and vegetables? 

How is this a freedom of speech issue?

Read the link I posted.

So now you are legal scholar? I already posted a link to a legal scholar who disagrees with you about information being included.

As to your second point, if Hillary had tried to get information on Trump then I would have no problem with it, in fact I am sure she did

try, and that foreign governments were involved. What is one more crime along with all the rest she has committed.

You exposed your dishonesty in your own post.  You claim that you'd have no problem with Hillary doing the same thing, but then at the end of your post refer to it as a crime... but apparently it isn't a crime in your mind right now when it's trump

4 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

It doesn't look like they didn't offer anything based on Junior's day so. The same guy who serially lied about the meeting taking place and its subject?

Well I can see why you'd believe him.

Hillary instead of Trump would make no difference. What an astonishing idea.

I am not even sure he lied, he just left out parts, so lying by omission, what a surprise.

I really doubt that if Hillary was in this position you would be saying she colluded, but you believe what you will.

Just now, banner1124 said:

You exposed your dishonesty in your own post.  You claim that you'd have no problem with Hillary doing the same thing, but then at the end of your post refer to it as a crime... but apparently it isn't a crime in your mind right now when it's trump

You don't seem to follow logic very well. Basically you either believe it is a crime, or you don't. You believe it is a crime, so basing my answer on that, then one more crime for Hillary is no big deal, basing it on my opinion that it isn't a crime, then it wouldn't be a crime for Hillary either.

I understand you think this is circular reasoning, instead it is just following logical conclusions, two premises, and two conclusions.

I am not even sure he lied, he just left out parts, so lying by omission, what a surprise.

I really doubt that if Hillary was in this position you would be saying she colluded, but you believe what you will.

Junior lied. And Hillary didn't collude. Imaginary stuff has no place in an adult conversation.

You don't seem to follow logic very well. Basically you either believe it is a crime, or you don't. You believe it is a crime, so basing my answer on that, then one more crime for Hillary is no big deal, basing it on my opinion that it isn't a crime, then it wouldn't be a crime for Hillary either.

I understand you think this is circular reasoning, instead it is just following logical conclusions, two premises, and two conclusions.

Nice try at covering your arse. I follow logic just fine, you just have the same problem with honesty that you've always had.

Just now, ms maggie said:

Junior lied. And Hillary didn't collude. Imaginary stuff has no place in an adult conversation.

I think our problem is expecting an adult conversation from that thing.