JoyinMudville

Trump Jr Admits to Meeting With Russians in Order to Get Dirt on Hillary

899 posts in this topic

Just now, soulflower said:

Colin Powell used a personal email and phone for work at the State Dept too

Did anyone question his .??

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

I believe that accepting gifts even through a third party is also illegal.

A good opposition research organization shouldn't even be a third party in regards to the campaign.   If they find some good dirt they don't give it to the campaign.   They give it to a friendly reporter.  

Edited by SemiAuto

Just now, stevez51 said:

Did anyone question his .??

No one but the Inspector General

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

No one but the Inspector General

At the time he served .??

5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

A good opposition research organization shouldn't even be a third party in regards to the campaign.   If they find some good dirt they don't give it to the campaign.   They give it to a friendly reporter.  

So it sounds like old Trump Jr should have just passed this information off to some friendly reporter to follow up on. Well that is what happens when amateurs run for office.

4 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

So it sounds like old Trump Jr should have just passed this information off to some friendly reporter to follow up on. Well that is what happens when amateurs run for office.

This is what happens when criminals run for office.

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

This is what happens when criminals run for office.

Well I doubt that Hillary would have made this mistake, so obviously not all criminals. B)

6 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Exactly.   It was amateur hour once again.   If the Trump campaign, and now Trump administration, had the slightest bit of discipline then they wouldn't have these sorts of self inflicted errors.

6 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Exactly.   It was amateur hour once again.   If the Trump campaign, and now Trump administration, had the slightest bit of discipline then they wouldn't have these sorts of self inflicted errors.

In real life they deal in real estate.  One notch below used car salesmen! 

14 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Of course if the left wasn't in complete meltdown with the media egging them on this also would not have been an issue.

8 minutes ago, workerbee said:

In real life they deal in real estate.  One notch below used car salesmen! 

In real life they're the leaders of the most powerful country in the world.   They need to start acting like it.  

2 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Of course if the left wasn't in complete meltdown with the media egging them on this also would not have been an issue.

That is no excuse for stupidity.   

Just now, SemiAuto said:

Well seems that "intent" wasn't present because he seemed to not know it was frowned on to even look like you are getting something from foreigners. If the excuse worked for Hillary then it should for him even if no law was broken.

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

I think the word is Ignorance. B)

1 minute ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well seems that "intent" wasn't present because he seemed to not know it was frowned on to even look like you are getting something from foreigners. If the excuse worked for Hillary then it should for him even if no law was broken.

Why did he lie about it if he didn't know it was "frowned on?"

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Well I don't have the exact list of what he said, but as I remember it (take with a lot of salt) he just gave the minimal answer, so was it really lies? 

He said he talked about adoption (basically that was the main conversation).

etc. So can you supply a link to questions, and then his "lies?".

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well I don't have the exact list of what he said, but as I remember it (take with a lot of salt) he just gave the minimal answer, so was it really lies? 

He said he talked about adoption (basically that was the main conversation).

etc. So can you supply a link to questions, and then his "lies?".

Seriously?

You're not at all up to speed here.

Don't you follow the news?

If not, why are you commenting?

Watch his mouth: :D

This 2016 Donald Trump Jr. interview about Russia is now downright cringeworthy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/11/this-old-donald-trump-jr-interview-about-russia-is-now-downright-cringe-worthy/?utm_term=.3a8afd0a9ca5

Edited by Cameron

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Seriously?

Don't you watch the news?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/11/this-old-donald-trump-jr-interview-about-russia-is-now-downright-cringe-worthy/?utm_term=.3a8afd0a9ca5

I make it a policy to not watch the news, they lie. B)

No seriously I read the news, and I frankly never want to hear Trump speak again, I got conned into it with the Tic Tac thread.

So if you want to show the lies then provide a link to some text, otherwise I don't really care, the fact of the matter is that every politician, and government official lies all the time non stop and about things that they do not need to lie about, then of course people call things lies that are just incomplete truths.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Cameron said:

14 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

I make it a policy to not watch the news, they lie. B)

No seriously I read the news, and I frankly never want to hear Trump speak again, I got conned into it with the Tic Tac thread.

So if you want to show the lies then provide a link to some text, otherwise I don't really care, the fact of the matter is that every politician, and government official lies all the time non stop and about things that they do not need to lie about, then of course people call things lies that are just incomplete truths.

I'm not playing, "Let's talk about something else."

It is your claim that it "seems that intent wasn't present."

Lying about a crime is evidence  of "consciousness of guilt."

If, by now, you don't know that Junior lied about it, you are too uninformed to continue this discussion with me.

Edited by Cameron

13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Seriously?

Don't you follow the news?

That is hysterically funny and pathetic at the same time.

Here's an op ed from the LA Times that is basically blaming 'the leak' on Kushner's amended SF-86. 

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-litman-the-special-counselor-is-already-getting-the-truth-out-20170714-story.html

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I'm not playing, "Let's talk about something else."

It is your claim that it "seems that intent wasn't present."

Lying about a crime is evidence  of "consciousness of guilt."

If, by now, you don't know that Junior lied about it, you are too uninformed to continue this discussion with me.

Well since you haven't shown any lies then there is nothing to show evidence of guilt (your logic).

Not to mention "Intent" is how Comey got Hillary off, she certainly lied after the fact about her Email server, so now you are saying it is proof of her guilt.

That was my point. The left and its double standards, without them they would have no standards at all.

50 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

really? Got news for you, his response of "I Love it" speaks to his intent and mindset...

6 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

That is hysterically funny and pathetic at the same time.

Here's an op ed from the LA Times that is basically blaming 'the leak' on Kushner's amended SF-86. 

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-litman-the-special-counselor-is-already-getting-the-truth-out-20170714-story.html

or more than a year, the most senior officials in the Trump administration have adamantly, even scornfully, denied that there was any contact between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The bombshell report earlier this week of Donald Trump Jr.’s efforts to secure dirt on Hillary Clinton from Russian officials — and his June 9, 2016, meeting with the supposed purveyor of that dirt as well as then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his father’s aide Jared Kushner — has put the lie to those denials

Well since they they are saying in this paragraph that Trump lied about contact with the russian government, and that this email chain proves it shows that they do not even know what a lie is. Remember the woman he met wasn't from the Russian government.

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well since they they are saying in this paragraph that Trump lied about contact with the russian government, and that this email chain proves it shows that they do not even know what a lie is. Remember the woman he met wasn't from the Russian government.

The  Trumps  believe that those excreted morning tweets to the faithful are the only truth:

Trump Jr. told the Times in March that he never met with any Russians while working in a campaign capacity.

“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” he said. “But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/10/donald-trump-jr-just-contradicted-a-whole-bunch-of-white-house-denials-of-russian-contacts/?utm_term=.d6efa7dc472e

Edited by Cameron