Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Trump Jr Admits to Meeting With Russians in Order to Get Dirt on Hillary

899 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

I never said that English was endangered.  You said that I said it.  All I said is that it is the common language that everyone should make an effort to learn it.  My point about the population is that we have about three times the amount we had in 1900, so the country is much more filled up than it was.  Much of that empty space is places where nobody wants to go for one reason or another.

I described western values as representative government,  individualism, freedom and the whole being greater than the sum of its parts because we all believed in the same goals.  

Bull****.

You said:

.  I spoke of what the language and culture of this nation is and has been.  Either that continues or we aren't the same nation but something else.  Perhaps that's the real goal of those who downplay the importance of English and an adherence to Western values.

Clearly hand-wringing over our language and culture being under attack.

Just now, soulflower said:

Are those really Western values though? 

And Nationalist governments throughout history have done a poor job of defending those values

What's a nationalist government?  Most of the ones you'd describe are dictatorships.  Last I checked, we still had Congress and the courts in place, as well as the media.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Because it feeds the fear and bigotry that props up Trump.

Veritas and others (the former poster Pickles comes to mind) have the misguided view that Western Civilization is in danger and under siege mainly from Brown people. 

The reality is the danger to Western Civilization comes from the people who voted for Trump

Edited by soulflower

1 minute ago, veritas said:

Illegal entry has continued to plummet steadily under Trump.  The border patrol confirms this as do the statistics.  You may say it's coincidental but perhaps it isn't.

It's a continuation of what started under Obama. Strengthening Mexican economy a factor. Also trend of central American women having less children.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

What's a nationalist government?  Most of the ones you'd describe are dictatorships.  Last I checked, we still had Congress and the courts in place, as well as the media.

Nationalist governments? 20th century Germany, Russia, Greece, Egypt, etc come to mind. 

Trump has Nationalist views and some of his closest advisors like Steve Bannon and Steve Miller identify as Nationalists.

Trump hasn't nullified the Constitution but there's no denying the fact that there is a strong nationalist strain in American politics today

7 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Veritas and others (the former poster Pickles comes to mind) have the misguided view that Western Civilization is in danger and under siege mainly from Brown people. 

The reality is the danger to Western Civilization comes from the people who voted for Trump

Pickles still posts. Just saw something on the sports forum.

Are you not the one who feels attacks happen and we should accept them ..???

7 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Pickles still posts. Just saw something on the sports forum.

Are you not the one who feels attacks happen and we should accept them ..???

Oh okay. I haven't seen his posts on the Nationals in quite a while

The unfortunate truth about terror attacks is that Bad stuff happens in a free society and there's only so much that can be done to prevent every bad person from doing bad things...

38 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I never said a peep about brown people.  You also mentioned my name in response to Maggie's post about fear and bigotry.  I'm neither fearful nor bigoted.  Anyone who wants to come here, obey the law, learn the language and become an American is welcome to come within the limits of the numbers we can allow.

22 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Oh okay. I haven't seen his posts on the Nationals in quite a while

The unfortunate truth about terror attacks is that Bad stuff happens in a free society and there's only so much that can be done to prevent every bad person from doing bad things...

It can't be prevented but it can be minimized and every effort should be expended to make sure it is minimized.

44 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Bull****.

You said:

.  I spoke of what the language and culture of this nation is and has been.  Either that continues or we aren't the same nation but something else.  Perhaps that's the real goal of those who downplay the importance of English and an adherence to Western values.

Clearly hand-wringing over our language and culture being under attack.

What I made are statements of fact.  You can interpret them as you wish.

1 minute ago, veritas said:

It can't be prevented but it can be minimized and every effort should be expended to make sure it is minimized.

Terror attacks are pretty rare in the US

They have been minimized to the fullest extent possible

Uh oh....I think the dems might be behind this. Has anybody ever seen Rinat Akhmetshin and Al Franken in the same place at the same time???? Hmmmmm:lol:

18 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Uh oh....I think the dems might be behind this. Has anybody ever seen Rinat Akhmetshin and Al Franken in the same place at the same time???? Hmmmmm:lol:

No,  but somebody  sure has seen Dim Son, Kushner, Manafort and Rinat Akhmetshin in the same place at the same time.

11 minutes ago, Cameron said:

No,  but somebody  sure has seen Dim Son, Kushner, Manafort and Rinat Akhmetshin in the same place at the same time.

Coincidence????? I think not......;)

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, veritas said:

What I made are statements of fact.  You can interpret them as you wish.

I have. And you can run away from statements you can't support--still waiting for evidence that people are downplaying the importance of English.

It funny when people are SO certain of things but then can't provide any support.

Edited by ms maggie

52 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I have. And you can run away from statements you can't support--still waiting for evidence that people are downplaying the importance of English.

It funny when people are SO certain of things but then can't provide any support.

He is probably one of those who doesn't like having to press 1 for English and thinks that means that English is being downplayed and will eventually be replaced by Spanish.

Ya know. this thread has gone on far to long. Donny Jr. admitted he met with the Russian chick. He left out the part about the other Russian dude. Let's let Mueller sort out the details. I personally believe he's dirty but, opinions are like ********s, everyone has one and they all stink.

I enjoyed watching one of the Trump lawyers (don't recall his name, too many to keep track of) on the am talk shows today.

He thought he had a real gotcha: if these were nefarious Russians, how did the Secret Service let them meet with Junior?

Of course this mtg pre-dated the Trump family getting security details.

Where do they find these people?!?!

16 hours ago, ms maggie said:

I enjoyed watching one of the Trump lawyers (don't recall his name, too many to keep track of) on the am talk shows today.

He thought he had a real gotcha: if these were nefarious Russians, how did the Secret Service let them meet with Junior?

Not to mention that isn't the secret services job to keep you from breaking the law but rather keep you alive.

Posted (edited)

Donald Tramp, Jr. looks like a dumbfounded Wally Cleaver after Eddie Haskell gets him in trouble.

And Beaver is at the dinner table going, "Gee Wally!" :o

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Trump, himself, did have secret service protection, though.

Here's what Sekulow said:

"Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in. The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me," he said.

Was Trump at the meeting?

Was Trump expected to be at the meeting?

Why else would the secret service be vetting the meeting?

He keeps saying that "most" people (criminals) would have taken that meeting.

Is he including himself as "most?"

Edited by Cameron

5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Trump, himself, did have secret service protection, though.

Here's what Sekulow said:

Was Trump at the meeting?

Was Trump expected to be at the meeting?

Why else would the secret service be vetting the meeting?

According to the Trump mouthpieces, he wasn't.  Who the hell knows anymore?

"Futerfas also confirmed that the $50,000 that the Trump re-election campaign paid in June to his firm was, at least in part, for work he's now doing for Donald Trump Jr."

Link

So they saw this coming eh? :D or :rolleyes:?

"He also defended Trump Jr. as being willing to tell the full story even before the initial New York Times article appeared."

So he was willing to tell the truth before he got busted?  Wonder what stopped him?

1 hour ago, Norman said:

"Futerfas also confirmed that the $50,000 that the Trump re-election campaign paid in June to his firm was, at least in part, for work he's now doing for Donald Trump Jr."

Link

So they saw this coming eh? :D or :rolleyes:?

"He also defended Trump Jr. as being willing to tell the full story even before the initial New York Times article appeared."

So he was willing to tell the truth before he got busted?  Wonder what stopped him?

I was surprised the lawyer said that. It sounds so lame.