Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heisenberg

Majority of Republicans now say colleges are bad for America

373 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Enough with the intellectual,BS.

Most Libs on here prove they aren't intellectually superior everyday.

There aren't dumb liberals,come on.........

Well, the right does takes a rather dim view of the arts and sciences, unless it involves more oil.

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Well, the right does takes a rather dim view of the arts and sciences, unless it involves more oil.

Liberal propaganda 

15 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

:lol::lol: 

Thanks for proving my point.

18 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Thanks for proving my point.

Do you mean like your typing everyday instead of every day?

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Back to the original topic, while I have the Maryland pre-paid college 529 plan to pay for things at today's rates for my daughter, I can certainly understand the sentiment.  It looks like I will be able to cover my daughter's tuition, but the way some are putting themselves in major debt to go seems ludicrous.  Now I guess if you are republican (I'm not) and you perceive an intellectual bias on these campuses and are shelling out vast amounts of money to send your child to college, I kind of understand.  I know many successful business owners who did not go to college.

It's reasonable to think the cost of college is too expensive or that college isn't for everyone. 

It's not reasonable to distrust Academia because they tend to be more Left Leaning than average 

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Do you mean like your typing everyday instead of every day?

Another spelling Nazi

Funny,never see you correct Libs.

What a joke.

Didnt know I was writing writing a thesis here

Typing on a phone has its perils.

I notice it here all the time .

I'm just not petty enough to bring it up like you guys

Edited by mcorioles

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

It's reasonable to think the cost of college is too expensive or that college isn't for everyone. 

It's not reasonable to distrust Academia because they tend to be more Left Leaning than average 

Distrust?

No more than the left distrust conservative speakers at liberal colleges.

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

My two cents is that the cult of intersectionality is giving everyone else on campus a bad name.  I've read articles that even left wing professors are afraid of the cult.  IIRC, you posted a topic about how the calls against free speech need to stop.

Chalk it up to a vocal and fringe minority making a mess of things.  

I think it is perfectly reasonable to distrust a left leaning Academia. That said I haven't seen the Stem fields being effected too much, and anyone who chooses the humanities had better be prepared for the indoctrination.

On 7/11/2017 at 7:55 PM, hst2 said:

Indeed. I went to a prep school loaded with conservative teachers. I enjoyed going back and thanking them for helping me confirm my beliefs.

PREP SCHOOL??.....WHITE PRIVILEGE.....RACISM!!!!

Small wonder you always wear the hair shirt-you have a lot to atone for.:o

9 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Distrust?

Disagreement and Distrust are two quite different things

8 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

My two cents is that the cult of intersectionality is giving everyone else on campus a bad name.  I've read articles that even left wing professors are afraid of the cult.  IIRC, you posted a topic about how the calls against free speech need to stop.

Chalk it up to a vocal and fringe minority making a mess of things.  

I already have but some insist on believing there's mass indoctrination going on at colleges across the US

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Disagreement and Distrust are two quite different things

Not really when you realize that disagreement of believes is the  sole reason for distrust.

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

Not really when you realize that disagreement of believes is the  sole reason for distrust.

Look at it a different way

I may disagree with you on this topic but I don't disagree with you on everything or think your a bad person with bad intentions. 

Are all or most or some US colleges/universities liberal indoctrination centers?  Are there any US college/universities that are conservative indoctrination centers?  Or is this all a load of BS?

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Are all or most or some US colleges/universities liberal indoctrination centers?  Are there any US college/universities that are conservative indoctrination centers?  Or is this all a load of BS?

Sure there are conservative indoctrination centers, they are just not a majority, or even close. 

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

No. Yes. Sort of.

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Look at it a different way

I may disagree with you on this topic but I don't disagree with you on everything or think your a bad person with bad intentions. 

Got it.

Same reason one may not send their daughter to William and Mary.  One would disagree with what they may teach their daughter but they don't think the profs are the anti Christ or devil.

We can play this all day.

Mizzou is a college which has scared away a lot of parents, I doubt the decrease in enrollment was due to conservative bias of the parents.

7 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

No. Yes. Sort of.

Thanks although I'm sure some posters feel differently.

23 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Sure there are conservative indoctrination centers, they are just not a majority, or even close. 

What about the military?

53 minutes ago, soulflower said:

What IS reasonable is for people of any and all political persuasions to be concerned with any efforts to stifle free speech and the free expression of ideas in favor of one particular view or another. It should not take place in public schools, it should not take place in the workplace, it should not take place in the media, and it should not take place on college campuses. And what is an unfortunate fact at this point in our history is that the documented efforts on college campuses and in the media at stifling those things by the left in an effort to silence or drown out voices on the right are far more prevalent than the reverse. It amazes me that folks on the left are "surprised" to find that people don't like that trend, or pretend that it does not exist.

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

Distrust?

More like provocateurs than people with insight. But still unfortunate. Perhaps some thoughtful conservative speakers could be found?

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

What about the military?

What about it?

Servicemen and women serve the country not a politician or political persuasion.

You learn that from day one.  Doesn't mean you can't have a political believe, but I never saw "political" indoctrination when I served.

He probably thinks that the military colleges teach patriotism, which is of course only a conservative value. :rolleyes: