Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spicy Brown Mustard

KOBE loses to Suns! KOBE blows 3-1 lead! KOBE has Lakers at #2 ... in Los Angeles!

19 posts in this topic

I am so sick of the coverage when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers. I am overseas right now and I get my TV sports news from CNN International and some European edition of ESPN (that really, really, really suks!). Anyway, from their coverage you would think that the Suns didn't win four games, but the Lakers lost four games. The lead always seems to be Kobe and the Lakers and the fact that the Lakers may have lost the last game (or last two or threegames), is irrelevant. Let's look at what KOBE has done since "taking over the Lakers" two years ago.

Two two staright seasons KOBE has the Lakers as the second best team in LA. Last year KOBE finished under .500 and missed the playoffs all together. This year, KOBE manages to finish above .500 and makes the playoffs as a seven seed (big deal) and KOBE gets bounced in the first round after KOBE blew a 3-1 lead. KOBE, as the "leader" of the Lakers, has yet to win even one playoff series.

The Clippers, one the other hand, won their opening round series.

The KOBE experiment in LA has been a resounding failure. No Shaq led Lakers' team did so poorly. No Magic led Lakers' team did so poorly. Yeah, KOBE scores a lot, but check out his stats. He hit only 45% of his FGs this season ... up from last year, but still not great for a guy who insists on shooting nearly every time he touches the ball.

In any event, I wish these networks would stop worshipping at the KOBE altar and speak the truth: KOBE has failed as the "leader" of the Lakers.

I am so sick of the coverage when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers. I am overseas right now and I get my TV sports news from CNN International and some European edition of ESPN (that really, really, really suks!). Anyway, from their coverage you would think that the Suns didn't win four games, but the Lakers lost four games. The lead always seems to be Kobe and the Lakers and the fact that the Lakers may have lost the last game (or last two or threegames), is irrelevant. Let's look at what KOBE has done since "taking over the Lakers" two years ago.

Two two staright seasons KOBE has the Lakers as the second best team in LA. Last year KOBE finished under .500 and missed the playoffs all together. This year, KOBE manages to finish above .500 and makes the playoffs as a seven seed (big deal) and KOBE gets bounced in the first round after KOBE blew a 3-1 lead. KOBE, as the "leader" of the Lakers, has yet to win even one playoff series.

The Clippers, one the other hand, won their opening round series.

The KOBE experiment in LA has been a resounding failure. No Shaq led Lakers' team did so poorly. No Magic led Lakers' team did so poorly. Yeah, KOBE scores a lot, but check out his stats. He hit only 45% of his FGs this season ... up from last year, but still not great for a guy who insists on shooting nearly every time he touches the ball.

In any event, I wish these networks would stop worshipping at the KOBE altar and speak the truth: KOBE has failed as the "leader" of the Lakers.

Obviously another person who doesn't understand basketball.

Obviously another person who doesn't understand basketball.

Kobe probably understand basketball given his father played in the NBA. He just doesn't understand or care about teamwork.

Well, I know what DJG means- Kobe is a great player with little of a supporting cast.

BUT you have to remember that Kobe broke up the Lakers' run of success by forcing Shaq out of town.

Neither will get a ring in the forseeable future.

Well, I know what DJG means- Kobe is a great player with little of a supporting cast.

BUT you have to remember that Kobe broke up the Lakers' run of success by forcing Shaq out of town.

Exactly. Shaq is not in LA and that is 100% Kobe's doing. Kobe demanded that the team be his team and that Shaq hit the road and since Kobe is the younger of the two, Buss gave him what he wanted. What Kobe has given Buss is the second best team in LA.

Let's not forget that Jerry Buss didn't want to pay Shaq the kind of money for the number of years that Shaq wanted. Miami was willing and the rest is as they say hysterical.

Let's not forget that Jerry Buss didn't want to pay Shaq the kind of money for the number of years that Shaq wanted. Miami was willing and the rest is as they say hysterical.

Whatever the situation with Shaq and money, Kobe not only wanted, but demanded, that Shaq be gone and that he, Kobe, be deemed the sole leader of the team.

Whatever the situation with Shaq and money, Kobe not only wanted, but demanded, that Shaq be gone and that he, Kobe, be deemed the sole leader of the team.

Really what it came down to was whether Jerry Buss wanted to pay Shaq or Kobe. He figured that Kobe had less miles on him. He was going to lose one or the other; he gambled and kept Kobe. He's still filling the seats and I'm willing to bet a $ that Kobe wins one again before Shaq does. It also hurt the Lakers that Derek Fisher and Robert Horry left.

Kobe has just what he wanted

He has his rings-- thanks Shaq

No one questions that he is "the man" on the Fakers

Kobe should have anticipated that Horry was 100 years old before he ran Shaq out

And correct, Buss' hands were tied

Wonder if Kobe has his 4th runner up MVP trophy near the widescreen so he could see it while he watched the Heat dismember the Nets last night

Believe me I am not a Kobe Bryant fan by any stretch BUT Shaq had zero rings without Kobe. He made a commercial about it a few years ago. They needed each other to get the rings. Shaq is probably closer to getting another than Kobe is but that window is sliding closed quicker than Kobe's window of opportunity. Kobe will never understand the team dynamics nor does he care to.

Believe me I am not a Kobe Bryant fan by any stretch BUT Shaq had zero rings without Kobe. He made a commercial about it a few years ago. They needed each other to get the rings. Shaq is probably closer to getting another than Kobe is but that window is sliding closed quicker than Kobe's window of opportunity. Kobe will never understand the team dynamics nor does he care to.

It is a team game.

Shaq had a shot w- the Magic when he was a pup. Had he stayed, he may have gotten it there.

He has a real chance this year too.

Kobe is still young, but he'll have to change his mindset regarding a few things in order nto get another.

Kobe also chased out Phil Jackson and that was bad that the owner had to bring him back. Besides Michael Jordan very few leading scorers win championships. Dominque Wilkens, Bob McAdoo (until he became a role player),. Iverson -didn't even make the playoffs, Arenas out, Kobe out, James -soon to be out. These selfish players drive away potential teammates and good coaches.

Kobe made 1st team all-defensive- as voted by the coaches. He just needs a little better supporting cast. It reminds me of the early Jordan years- they didn't get too far in the playoffs until they got the right players around him. Smush, Kwame & the rest just aren't good enough.

Kobe made 1st team all-defensive- as voted by the coaches. He just needs a little better supporting cast. It reminds me of the early Jordan years- they didn't get too far in the playoffs until they got the right players around him. Smush, Kwame & the rest just aren't good enough.

Thats right-- just the kind that General Manager Kobe wants--no one stepping into his limelight!

And we're not early in Kobe's playing career any more!

SBM, welcome to the "I Hate Kobe Bryant Club." I am the Club President. I'll be mailing you your t-shirt and membership card. :D

Kobe is the TO of the NBA. He throws it up 50 times a night and make only 45% of his shots, and everyone makes a big deal that he scores 50 points, even thought the Fakers are getting beat night after night. :confused:

The Maryland Lady Terps, as a team, had almost as high of a 3pt% as Kobe's FG%, ...and he gets MVP consideration? :eek:

He is the most arrogant player in the NBA...just ask Raja Bell...:) He has no rings w/o Shaq and Shaq has 1 w/o Kobe. Shaq is looking like a genuis leaving LA for Miami. His new running buddy, D. Wade gives Shaq all the respect in the world, unlike Kobe, who actually mentioned Shaq's name while he was being questioned for his indescretions in Vail, CO.

Hey Kobe, I hope you are enjoying your new leadership role with the Lakers. You really showed it in game 7 against the Suns....LOL

You guys are funny and I'm convinced that a few of you don't have a clue.

SBM, welcome to the "I Hate Kobe Bryant Club." I am the Club President. I'll be mailing you your t-shirt and membership card. :D

Kobe is the TO of the NBA. He throws it up 50 times a night and make only 45% of his shots, and everyone makes a big deal that he scores 50 points, even thought the Fakers are getting beat night after night. :confused:

The Maryland Lady Terps, as a team, had almost as high of a 3pt% as Kobe's FG%, ...and he gets MVP consideration? :eek:

I'll look forward to receiving it! Size large, btw.

You are correct and Kobe's 45% is an improvement over many stretches he has had. The funniest NBA-related thing I heard this past season was Kobe's old man arguing that Kobe should be league MVP for his 81-point game! Tal;k about sad.