KSweeley

Bernie Sanders to endorse Ben Jealous for Maryland Governor.

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeanutG said:

Hogan's job is to take care of the state  ... we have people who's job is go after the President's policies and speak of the behalf of the state ... they're the members of Congress.

I agree

20 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I agree

Wow....we agree. My God what is happening.... I agree with you and MM twice within days.

It's the job of ALL governors to take care of their respective states. Some apparently take that a little more seriously than others...

CARSON CITY, Nev. -- As Republican senators work to fulfill a seven-year-old promise to scrap much of Democrat Barack Obama's health care law, Republican governors are warning those senators to first, do no harm.

While a repeal of the law would be a triumph for Republicans and President Donald Trump, the governors are more worried about blowing a hole in state budgets and not maintaining health care coverage for constituents.

GOP governors wary of health bill

21 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

It's the job of ALL governors to take care of their respective states. Some apparently take that a little more seriously than others...

GOP governors wary of health bill

Oh again....total agreement. For GOP govs it WAS all well and good to toe the political line....WHEN IT REALLY DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING. Now as they say 'the chickens are coming home to roost'. And hoooo boy....do I want to be re-elected. Ahhhhhh yah. 

Thankfully, as much as the GA maligns Hogan. He is making sure that regardless of the BS that shakes out ....the poorest of the poor are taken care of....however....the 'tweeners' maybe not so. 

Or maybe I missed something. Please correct if you can. 

On 7/13/2017 at 2:33 PM, Scaggsville said:

The GOP is the dog that never expected to catch the car. Having caught the car, they are completely clueless on how to proceed.

Well I'm glad that the Democrats dog didnt catch the car.

After saying that, Im not happy with the one that did either

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

LOL! Nobody on the Dem side has a chance at unseating Hogan. He is probably the best governor we've had in the last 50 years.

Probably he attends that task at hand and not 'feathering his nest' for the next rung in the political ladder. 

On 7/15/2017 at 6:52 AM, Rocketwolf said:

Well I'm glad that the Democrats dog didnt catch the car.

After saying that, Im not happy with the one that did either

Hillary would not have been a great President.  But she would have been Presidential 

Ok Ill give you that, "looking presidential", for whatever that's worth.

12 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

That's not what he said. 

14 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

I think 'acting presidential' is a better way to put it.

Likely we ....the public ....would still be getting screwed somehow...but at least we would feel like we might get kissed.