Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChippewaJoe

Second half O's predictions

32 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Chris Davis is coming back and he will. or should , um, never mind.  Yawn. ;)  The excitement for his return is deafening:lol:

8 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

LOL-how about that contract? Now that is exciting:) 

I do like the guy, but wow-what a bad a contract.

Chris Davis is player with a bad contract. Many of us agreed this at the time of the signing and nothing has changed. It was too much money for too many years. But he is a good player - just not as good as the contract he signed. He strikes out a ton of times but there are times he also carries the team. Hopefully, he will do better in the second half.

35 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Honest question 

Why do you guys consider the contract a bad one?

My main concern was the length of it.

5 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Honest question 

Why do you guys consider the contract a bad one?

Well for one there didn't seem to be any other suitors or any other team interested in him. So essentially the Orioles entered a bidding war against themselves and ultimately offered and agreed to a deal way higher and longer than they needed to considering there were literally no other offers, at least that I'm aware of. That makes it a bad contract. Could have signed him for much less.   

Also, IMO he's just overpaid given his SEVERE strikeout problems and low/ inconsistent batting average.

6 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Well for one there didn't seem to be any other suitors or any other team interested in him. So essentially the Orioles entered a bidding war against themselves and ultimately offered and agreed to a deal way higher and longer than they needed to considering there were literally no other offers, at least that I'm aware of. That makes it a bad contract. Could have signed him for much less.   

Also, IMO he's just overpaid given his SEVERE strikeout problems and low/ inconsistent batting average.

These were my thoughts as well. The Orioles likely could have brought Davis back at their price, but instead did so at his price.

9 hours ago, mdrunning said:

These were my thoughts as well. The Orioles likely could have brought Davis back at their price, but instead did so at his price.

Pete pays his favorites .....