Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChippewaJoe

Second half O's predictions

32 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Chris Davis is coming back and he will. or should , um, never mind.  Yawn. ;)  The excitement for his return is deafening:lol:

 

8 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

LOL-how about that contract? Now that is exciting:) 

I do like the guy, but wow-what a bad a contract.

Chris Davis is player with a bad contract. Many of us agreed this at the time of the signing and nothing has changed. It was too much money for too many years. But he is a good player - just not as good as the contract he signed. He strikes out a ton of times but there are times he also carries the team. Hopefully, he will do better in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Honest question 

Why do you guys consider the contract a bad one?

My main concern was the length of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Honest question 

Why do you guys consider the contract a bad one?

Well for one there didn't seem to be any other suitors or any other team interested in him. So essentially the Orioles entered a bidding war against themselves and ultimately offered and agreed to a deal way higher and longer than they needed to considering there were literally no other offers, at least that I'm aware of. That makes it a bad contract. Could have signed him for much less.   

Also, IMO he's just overpaid given his SEVERE strikeout problems and low/ inconsistent batting average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Well for one there didn't seem to be any other suitors or any other team interested in him. So essentially the Orioles entered a bidding war against themselves and ultimately offered and agreed to a deal way higher and longer than they needed to considering there were literally no other offers, at least that I'm aware of. That makes it a bad contract. Could have signed him for much less.   

Also, IMO he's just overpaid given his SEVERE strikeout problems and low/ inconsistent batting average.

These were my thoughts as well. The Orioles likely could have brought Davis back at their price, but instead did so at his price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mdrunning said:

These were my thoughts as well. The Orioles likely could have brought Davis back at their price, but instead did so at his price.

Pete pays his favorites .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0