Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcorioles

ALIEN Covenant

11 posts in this topic

Any hard core ALIEN fans here?

I thought it was brilliant and was very happy with it.

I see it's a pretty divisive reaction though from what I've read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen it yet.  Better than Prometheus I hope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno.  I haven't seen it, but the trailers make it seem like Scott was going more the "Aliens" route than the "Alien" route.  It's hard to take it seriously with Danny McBride in it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alienrace said:

I dunno.  I haven't seen it, but the trailers make it seem like Scott was going more the "Aliens" route than the "Alien" route.  It's hard to take it seriously with Danny McBride in it.

 

Nothing wrong with Aliens, I liked that one better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

Nothing wrong with Aliens, I liked that one better.

I liked Aliens too, but it was a very different kind of movie from the first.  I think people were expecting, hoping that since Ridley Scott was directing, that it would be more like the first. 

I heard others were upset at the appearance of the alien itself, and that it had less of the biomechanical look that Giger had designed and was more organic. 

Personally I liked the first Alien the best though.  It was a horror movie, and the mystery of it along with how it was just loose running around on the ship was very terrifying.  Also, the first time I saw it, it was the directors cut, and had some of the more horrific scenes left in, like the one with Dallas being cucooned and asking Ripley to kill him. 

Aliens was great too though, just in a very different way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/13/2017 at 7:58 AM, ivanbalt said:

Haven't seen it yet.  Better than Prometheus I hope?

I loved it.

It bridges Prometheus and Alien well.

I think most people that don't like it aren't vested enough in all the details.

There is a lot going on that takes several viewings even for myself who is a ALIEN nerd.

Fassbender steals the show.

McBride was good too.

People looking for a Summer Blockbuster action Flix WILL be dissapointed .

It has a lot of angles,God,God complex,AI and how "real" is too real.Creationism.

The actual ALIEN is sort of a side story to a degree.

 

 

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was done after the 1st two because I didn't like the others that followed. No interest in picking it back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/22/2017 at 10:09 AM, Bartman said:

I was done after the 1st two because I didn't like the others that followed. No interest in picking it back up.

These are prequels.

Alien 3 was ok.

The last one and the Alien vs Predator movies were abominations.

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Saw it this weekend 'cause I downloaded it and burned a DVD for someone who wanted it. Not really impressed as with most flicks these days. Does Everything have to be non-stop back to back Action? Everything's just too Overboard all the time now. I think movies anymore are more geared to people with ADHD. Fewer and fewer movies I'm even interested in seeing these days. The Only thing I was looking forward to this year was Dunkirk. Only a Cam copy of that out there now and I quit downloading Cams long ago. A decent Rip should come along in another couple months.

After some more thought, maybe the problem is I don't Know who any of these Actors are anymore. All the Stars I watched all my life are either getting Old like me or are Gone. Some big names I know and like but so many movies now, I don't know who these people are.

Edited by Bartman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 5:21 PM, Bartman said:

Saw it this weekend 'cause I downloaded it and burned a DVD for someone who wanted it. Not really impressed as with most flicks these days. Does Everything have to be non-stop back to back Action? Everything's just too Overboard all the time now. I think movies anymore are more geared to people with ADHD. Fewer and fewer movies I'm even interested in seeing these days. The Only thing I was looking forward to this year was Dunkirk. Only a Cam copy of that out there now and I quit downloading Cams long ago. A decent Rip should come along in another couple months.

After some more thought, maybe the problem is I don't Know who any of these Actors are anymore. All the Stars I watched all my life are either getting Old like me or are Gone. Some big names I know and like but so many movies now, I don't know who these people are.

Maybe that's not the problem......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 2:03 PM, alienrace said:

I dunno.  I haven't seen it, but the trailers make it seem like Scott was going more the "Aliens" route than the "Alien" route.  It's hard to take it seriously with Danny McBride in it.

 

Watched it last night.  The trailers did NOT do the movie justice AT ALL. 

This was definitely more horror than James Cameron style action flick, and I have to say it was brilliant.  I like that it didn't drag out very long, and the atmosphere, cinemtograhpy, all very reminiscent of the first movie.  Great sequel to Prometheus, and a great lead in to the original Alien.  I had heard rumors there would be no more movies in this franchise, but I think there is room for one more between this and the original.  However, I would advise that it might be best to let sleeping dogs lay, and the franchise on a good note. 

IMO, all of the Ridley Scott films are superior to the others, though of course I love "Aliens" for very different reasons(it was just FUN).  Alien 3 was "ok", and Alien Resurrection was pure gargage that nobody should ever watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0