Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Collusion?

290 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Of course using the unnamed source angle (like in your post) can be abused. When I was in the media I had done articles using unknown sources. It's a practice that protects the sources from retaliation. As a reporter/editor I had to check my unnamed sources for verification. I didn't take everything at face value. But don't confuse using unnamed sources for making things up. Remember there was a time when people said that Deep Throat (an unnamed source) was made up and we later found out it was a real person. In respectable media unnamed sources can be invaluable in finding the truth. In tabloids it is to cover up a ridiculous conspiracy or Bigfoot sighting.

Times have changed since then, the MSM is losing credibility with all their information coming from unnamed sources.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Times have changed since then, the MSM is losing credibility with all their information coming from unnamed sources.

No. That's not true no matter how many times Trump and his cohorts say it. I still know a lot of people in media and they are always trying to get the truth. It's harder now because people like Trump want the media just to be his press agents. Have you noticed that anyone that says anything bad - no matter what it is - is called "fake news" by Trump? These are serious times. Our democracy depends on an independent media; even if they get it wrong sometimes they still get it right the majority of the time.

Edited by ncbirdfan

3 hours ago, ms maggie said:

The point the article makes is they would need inside dope for micro-targeting. That level of detail requires primary research and party held voter registration info.

The micro targeting information probably came from the DNC's hacked server which is why they won't let the FBI investigate, and why they never notified the FBI their server was hacked in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

No. That's not true no matter how many times Trump and his cohorts say it. I still know a lot of people in media and they are always trying to get the truth. It's harder now because people like Trump want the media just to be his press agents. Have you noticed that anyone that says anything bad - no matter what it is - is called "fake news" by Trump? These are serious times. Our democracy depends on an independent media; even if they get it wrong sometimes they still get it right the majority of the time.

I didn't say that they were not trying to get to the truth, just that they were losing credibility.

I can agree that Trump says a lot of stupid things, but have you noticed the stupid things the media is also saying?

The impression is that we do not have an independent media, that it is in the tank for the Democrats, and that it has lost its mind since the election.

How about the media discussing issues, not just the latest stupid thing Trump has said? Oh wait, they only care about ratings no matter that they lose credibility. They gave Trump a billion on free advertising, and he won, now they can't stop, it must be addicting to yell "squirrel" and have a twitter message pop out. 

12 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Your blind faith in the media is touching.....misplaced, but touching.

They are only human.

27 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

To a lot of people in central America he was.

And Japanese and Eisenhower,Carter and the Iranians,Obama and the Middle East.....

Of course, the first question here is why use Russian bots, which requires forwarding the information to them about where to target, when you can just do it yourself?  Putting out false stories and red herrings in a political campaign has been going on since the first elections.  It's no different than campaign adds showing Republicans pushing Grandma over a cliff or Democrats letting out lots of Wille Hortons from prison.  They are designed to scare the voters.  This did the same and hardly required the Russians.

55 minutes ago, veritas said:

Of course, the first question here is why use Russian bots, which requires forwarding the information to them about where to target, when you can just do it yourself?  Putting out false stories and red herrings in a political campaign has been going on since the first elections.  It's no different than campaign adds showing Republicans pushing Grandma over a cliff or Democrats letting out lots of Wille Hortons from prison.  They are designed to scare the voters.  This did the same and hardly required the Russians.

And we can see from your post how effective it is.

6 hours ago, Dystopia said:

You lost, libbies. Get over it.

They can't get over it. It's all they have left. Phony state recounts that went absolutely nowhere, intimidating and threatening the lives of State Electors to abscond their sworn duty to the Electoral College, and rioting in Washington on Inauguration Day by burning and destroying other people's property will resonate with swing voters in the 2018 midterms. 

2 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

The micro targeting information probably came from the DNC's hacked server which is why they won't let the FBI investigate, and why they never notified the FBI their server was hacked in the first place. 

The FBI did investigate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jul/11/donald-trump/did-john-podesta-deny-cia-and-fbi-access-dnc-serve/

Why would the DNC want to protect Russian hackers who orchestrated these bot attacks against them?

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

And we can see from your post how effective it is.

Naturally, that's a nonsensical response having nothing to do with what I stated.  Why use Russians, who are unfamiliar with what or where to apply the tactics when you can have your own operatives do it so much more easily?  Seems like another bridge to nowhere that the Dems are eager to cross.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, veritas said:

Naturally, that's a nonsensical response having nothing to do with what I stated.  Why use Russians, who are unfamiliar with what or where to apply the tactics when you can have your own operatives do it so much more easily?  Seems like another bridge to nowhere that the Dems are eager to cross.

Why use Russians? So you have plausible deniability. Which is working, look at you!

And the Russians are world class at this stuff. Had you read the article you would realize that the Russians only needed help with micro-targeting, which is where Kushner comes in.The "what" they had down cold.

"It started even before Trump locked up the nomination. Throughout the Republican primary elections in early 2016, Russia sent armies of bots carrying pro-Trump messages and deployed human “trolls” to comment in his favor on Internet stories and in social media, former FBI special agent Clint Watts told Congress weeks ago."

Edited by ms maggie

10 hours ago, mcorioles said:

And Japanese and Eisenhower,Carter and the Iranians,Obama and the Middle East.....

None of those examples you listed are in the same universe as Reagan and Central America

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

None of those examples you listed are in the same universe as Reagan and Central America

In your opinion .....

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

In your opinion .....

C'mon.

You must admit that "OBAMA and the Middle East" is hilarious.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

C'mon.

You must admit that "OBAMA and the Middle East" is hilarious.  :lol:

Ask Syria, they are still laughing ......

13 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

wrong...but keep hope alive.....

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Ask Syria, they are still laughing ......

"Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty? Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom and never to have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it. I believe every person has the ability and the right to be free.

"Iraqi democracy will succeed.   And that success will send forth the news, from Damascus to Tehran, that freedom can be the future of every nation. The establishment of a free Iraq at the heart of the Middle East will be a watershed event in the global democratic revolution."

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

In your opinion .....

Why don't you study up on what we did in Central America during the Reagan years and then get back to me.  Sure, it's my opinion,  but so was the post to which I responded.  Didn't see you chime in with "In your opinion....." on that one :rolleyes: 

16 hours ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well if you take Trumps ramblings to heart.......

:D

50 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Well if you take Trumps ramblings to heart.......

:D

Trump has been working on getting people to distrust the media for some time now.  And it works with some.  It's the best strategy when you know you're sitting on a dumpster fire just waiting to be exposed.

He's gone from there was no Russian interference to ok there was but we had nothing to do with it to ok we did but everyone does it.  And his harpies pick it up without missing a beat.  Fascinating in a kind of creepy way. 

3 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Trump has been working on getting people to distrust the media for some time now.  And it works with some.  It's the best strategy when you know you're sitting on a dumpster fire just waiting to be exposed.

He's gone from there was no Russian interference to ok there was but we had nothing to do with it to ok we did but everyone does it.  And his harpies pick it up without missing a beat.  Fascinating in a kind of creepy way. 

Kind of like maybe they've been indoctrinated and don't even realize it? :D:D:D 

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Kind of like maybe they've been indoctrinated and don't even realize it? :D:D:D 

I have said before that the indoctrinated don't know that they have been indoctrinated, glad you agree. :D:D:D

Just now, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

I have said before that the indoctrinated don't know that they have been indoctrinated, glad you agree. :D:D:D

I don't agree... please don't pretend otherwise