Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Dodgers Interested In Britton

32 posts in this topic

And people have insisted that the O's have nothing to offer anyone. Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Considering what the Spanks got for Chapman we should ask for at least another player. 

They can add another but those 3 would be a must

56 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

The article doesn't mention any players for consideration.

Just interest which ia alot of what we will see the next couple of weeks 

The names were players id move Zach for 

He needs to give a good audition the next couple weeks.

Which means they need to get some leads.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

He needs to give a good audition the next couple weeks.

Which means they need to get some leads.

He's got enough of a track record at this point that I think he just has to show he's healthy. Lead schmead, if you want to trade him, pitch him regardless of the score.

Given that they already have one of the best bullpens in baseball, I was a little surprised to hear the Dodgers were interested in Britton. I would have thought that, had they attempted to add anyone, it likely would have been another bat.

2 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Given that they already have one of the best bullpens in baseball, I was a little surprised to hear the Dodgers were interested in Britton. I would have thought that, had they attempted to add anyone, it likely would have been another bat.

Maybe they are looking at what Cleveland did and also making sure the nuts dont try to get in in the deal

3 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Maybe they are looking at what Cleveland did and also making sure the nuts dont try to get in in the deal

agree

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, mdrunning said:

The rich keep getting richer. They don't need another bat. Didn't you read the article? They don't have any holes. They are trying to fortify an already strong closing situation. Smart. Unlike the O's who are always treading water just to stay alive. This way, they can shut the door in the 8th with Britton, and then the 9th with their regular closer. So it's not just insurance against an injury to their main closer; it gives them a double-pronged closing option.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Listening to the possible return for ZB, they should move him. Then trade Brach to DC. Two moves, and the O's could get a total 4-6, near MLB ready, premium prospects. They could quickly jump start their next winning team. And those moves wouldn't preclude the 2018 team from competing. It's the best of both worlds. Relievers are usually bountiful in the open market. 

19 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Then trade Brach to DC.

That's ain't happening.  The orioles and Nats have never made a deal.

14 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

That's ain't happening.  The orioles and Nats have never made a deal.

I wonder if that's just a happenstance, or is it a conscious objection that either/both owners have? They obviously aren't buddies, given the MASN dispute. But I haven't read/heard anything to suggest that they wouldn't consider dealing with each other.

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

Listening to the possible return for ZB, they should move him. Then trade Brach to DC. Two moves, and the O's could get a total 4-6, near MLB ready, premium prospects. They could quickly jump start their next winning team. And those moves wouldn't preclude the 2018 team from competing. It's the best of both worlds. Relievers are usually bountiful in the open market. 

Depending on the quality of what they'd receive in return, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Brach to DC and Britton to LAD or someone else offering quality players in return.

I have been saying for 2 years Brach to the Nats makes a TON of sense. I am with the Original Colts Fan.

3 hours ago, weird-O said:

This is what im hoping except I was thinking they should move Machado too. Im not sure how big of a return Brach would get. Teams weren't willing to give up much for him in the offseason. If his value has gone up since then, by all means trade him. 

For these trades to happen the Orioles will probably have to play a terrible stretch of baseball for two weeks. Going .500 or a few games over probably wont deter Dan at all. 

16 minutes ago, jabba2 said:

This is what im hoping except I was thinking they should move Machado too. Im not sure how big of a return Brach would get. Teams weren't willing to give up much for him in the offseason. If his value has gone up since then, by all means trade him. 

That's the beauty of being a seller at the trade deadline, player values go way up. 

I've heard the Dodgers have a talent rich minor league system. I love Zach but if you can get a decent haul for him, DEAL HIM!

Just now, Rob said:

I've heard the Dodgers have a talent rich minor league system. I love Zach but if you can get a decent haul for him, DEAL HIM!

Agreed

2 hours ago, jabba2 said:

For these trades to happen the Orioles will probably have to play a terrible stretch of baseball for two weeks. Going .500 or a few games over probably wont deter Dan at all. 

Then fans need to root for LOSING! As a Braves fan I am OK with losing in 2015 and 2016, if it means 10+ years of winning. The Braves from 1985-1990 lost a bunch of games. But from 1991-2005 they always finished in first. 

Just a thought...

Let's suppose that somehow the O's manage to deal Britton and Brach for some legitimate arms and bats. If the underlying problem with the O's is rooted in the GM, owner, and farm system (and possibly, at this point, even the manager) then dealing Britton and Brach would still only be a Band-Aid fix, and the recurring problems will simply resurface at some point down the road.

9 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Just a thought...

Let's suppose that somehow the O's manage to deal Britton and Brach for some legitimate arms and bats. If the underlying problem with the O's is rooted in the GM, owner, and farm system (and possibly, at this point, even the manager) then dealing Britton and Brach would still only be a Band-Aid fix, and the recurring problems will simply resurface at some point down the road.

Well the owner is 87, and Buck is reportedly retiring in 2018, so there more than likley will be entirely new FO management in 2019 as well. Not that I fault Buck for the teams minor league issues. Far from it, if they had a competent farm system, Buck would probably want to hang around, instead of retiring when Machado leaves.