Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Ivanka Inc. contradicts Trump's "America First" agenda and her own cause of empowering working women

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While President Trump has chastised companies for outsourcing jobs overseas, an examination by The Washington Post has revealed the extent to which Ivanka Trump’s company relies exclusively on foreign factories in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China, where low-wage laborers have limited ability to advocate for themselves.

And while Ivanka Trump published a book this spring declaring that improving the lives of working women is “my life’s mission,” The Post found that her company lags behind many in the apparel industry when it comes to monitoring the treatment of the largely female workforce employed in factories around the world.

From big brands such as Adidas and Kenneth Cole to smaller, newer players like California-based Everlane, many U.S. clothing companies have in recent years made protecting factory workers abroad a priority — hiring independent auditors to monitor labor conditions, pressing factory owners to make improvements and providing consumers with details about the overseas facilities where their goods are produced....But the Trump brand has taken a more hands-off approach. 

A family of frauds

Edited by hst2

Ivanka Trump’s brand does not disclose the countries where its goods are made or the factories that make them.

And we know why....

Posted (edited)

'buy American and hire American'.....yet father and daughter businesses don't. Who believes these fraudsters.

Edited by ODENTON

30 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

'buy American and hire American'.....yet father and daughter businesses don't. Who believes these fraudsters.

Ohhhh give or take....about 61,000,000 voters AKA Trumpheads. 

But I am sure that will change as soon as vast majority get royally screwed by the GOP and Trumpcare. 

Illegals won't seem so important anymore. And the jobs that were coming back are all smoke an mirrors. 

Any gnat with a brain would have realized that Trump worrying about the 'little guys job' was HS. The 1%ers oh yeah....you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Big surprise.She'd done as much for working women as Melania has done to counter bullying. 

6 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Big surprise.She'd done as much for working women as Melania has done to counter bullying. 

I always raise an eye brow to that one.

Her husband is among the top 10 bullies in the world .....and she can't handle him.

Talk about the blind leading the inept. 

But yah have to admit.....they both are easier on the eyes that Barbara Bush. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I always raise an eye brow to that one.

Her husband is among the top 10 bullies in the world .....and she can't handle him.

Talk about the blind leading the inept. 

But yah have to admit.....they both are easier on the eyes that Barbara Bush. :lol:

Barbara Bush is a woman of character. Quaint notion I know.

4 hours ago, ms maggie said:

I have all possible respect for her. And she had 'REAL' class.....not cheap ahhhhh classy we see today.

8 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Character Indeed......will never find it in this WH. 

10 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Character Indeed......will never find it in this WH. 

This WH thinks character is something you see on an animated TV show not a virtue to aspire to