Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterRabbit

Lawyer for scum illegal alien charged with murdering Kate Steinle blames stolen gun

43 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, veritas said:

Ah, the ole' "the gun did it" argument.

The family tried to sue the agent, not the gun.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

The family tried to sue the agent, not the gun.

So, the agent is more responsible than the person firing the gun who shouldn't have been here to begin with?  Or more than the city which gave him refuge?   I imagine the family will be suing lots of people if they can.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

So, the agent is more responsible than the person firing the gun who shouldn't have been here to begin with?  Or more than the city which gave him refuge?   I imagine the family will be suing lots of people if they can.

It seems clear that If the gun had been properly secured, the person wouldn't have found it and fired it. Anyone could have picked it up. A citizen could have done it. Then, where would you be with your self-righteousness?

Considering the type of gun it is, there is some possibility he didn't even mean to fire it.

"The SIG Sauer weapon that killed Steinle is a favorite of law enforcement on account of its quick-shooting capacity. “If Mr. [Garcia Zarate] encountered this weapon when it was cocked and loaded [in what’s known as single-action mode] … it’s pretty easy for this thing to just go off,” ballistics expert James Norris told me. In an op-ed for the San Francisco Examiner last month, Gonzalez listed dozens of cases in which law enforcement officers have accidentally discharged a SIG Sauer. In 2014, a federal air marshal in New Jersey accidentally shot himself. In 2015 in Pennsylvania, a state trooper and firearms instructor accidentally killed another trooper during safety training. This year in Michigan, a sheriff’s deputy accidentally shot a schoolteacher in the neck."

Link

22 minutes ago, hst2 said:

It wouldn't have happened if the agent from the Bureau of Land management had secured his gun.

I had a real nice logical rebuttal.....and I deleted it. Because I know you will come up with another half butt lame excuse.

So he is my response.

It wouldn't have happened if the Federal goooberment and the lame SF goooberment has slapped this scumbags butt in jail and thrown away the key. But NNNNNOooooooooo SF thinks even a dirt bag like this has rights. What about the RIGHTS of the women to live out her life.

Far as I am concerned.....throw the butt head into a wood chopper and use his body for chum.

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

I had a real nice logical rebuttal.....and I deleted it. Because I know you will come up with another half butt lame excuse.

So he is my response.

It wouldn't have happened if the Federal goooberment and the lame SF goooberment has slapped this scumbags butt in jail and thrown away the key. But NNNNNOooooooooo SF thinks even a dirt bag like this has rights. What about the RIGHTS of the women to live out her life.

Far as I am concerned.....throw the butt head into a wood chopper and use his body for chum.

Indeed. The federal government should have provided the local government with a warrant for the man, but it did not.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Indeed. The federal government should have provided the local government with a warrant for the man, but it did not.

I will admit that my big gripe with the feds on this is the frk'n paperwork. They want someone held....then produce the documents in a timely fashion. Local jails are not meant to be a temporary holding area 'till they get around to it'.

But again.... considering this guys track record and previous exportation.... I kinda think the SF goooberment really screwed the pooch on this one.

19 minutes ago, hst2 said:

It seems clear that If the gun had been properly secured, the person wouldn't have found it and fired it. Anyone could have picked it up. A citizen could have done it. Then, where would you be with your self-righteousness?

Considering the type of gun it is, there is some possibility he didn't even mean to fire it.

"The SIG Sauer weapon that killed Steinle is a favorite of law enforcement on account of its quick-shooting capacity. “If Mr. [Garcia Zarate] encountered this weapon when it was cocked and loaded [in what’s known as single-action mode] … it’s pretty easy for this thing to just go off,” ballistics expert James Norris told me. In an op-ed for the San Francisco Examiner last month, Gonzalez listed dozens of cases in which law enforcement officers have accidentally discharged a SIG Sauer. In 2014, a federal air marshal in New Jersey accidentally shot himself. In 2015 in Pennsylvania, a state trooper and firearms instructor accidentally killed another trooper during safety training. This year in Michigan, a sheriff’s deputy accidentally shot a schoolteacher in the neck."

Link

When did wanting to abide by the law become self righteousness?  I make no excuse for this weapon to be lying around.  You, however, make continual ones for the illegal who fired it.  BTW, if a citizen had done it, it would still be a tragedy but no different than thousands of others which occur involving citizens.  You seem not to be able to come to grasp with the difference between citizens, legal non-citizens and illegal aliens.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, hst2 said:

Link

It doesn't look like murder.

Slice and dice it all you want ....call it what you want. From your article..........

Garcia Zarate has been charged with second-degree murder. That means the prosecution would have to prove he acted with an “abandoned and malignant heart”—that is, that he was recklessly indifferent to the high risk that someone might be killed or that he intended to commit a dangerous felony that could result in someone dying. Second-degree murder in California carries a punishment of 15 years to life in prison. If Garcia Zarate isn’t convicted of second-degree murder, he could be found guilty of manslaughter. Given his prior felonies, his lawyers told me, Garcia Zarate could get a maximum of 17 years if he’s convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

IMO..... the 'system' failed. Five or 6 ship outs, a felone, a rap sheet a mile long....AND THIS ANIMAL WAS  WALKING THE STREETS!!!!!!!!

SMH

6 minutes ago, veritas said:

When did wanting to abide by the law become self righteousness?  I make no excuse for this weapon to be lying around.  You, however, make continual ones for the illegal who fired it.  BTW, if a citizen had done it, it would still be a tragedy but no different than thousands of others which occur involving citizens.  You seem not to be able to come to grasp with the difference between citizens, legal non-citizens and illegal aliens.

It is pretty obvious that the officer screwed up BIG TIME. And especially being loaded. But I do have a problem with it being cocked/ready to fire and off safety. Now could Barnie have left the gun in that state? Maybe, but I would hope not likely. Further unless there is SERIOUS manufacturing flaw (I can't google it since a model is not provided) the firearm 'just going off' is a near impossibility even in the state of readiness I outlined.

That is why rule one is treat every gun as loaded and ready. Rule two is you keep your trigger finger outside of the trigger/guard till YOU REALLY WANT TO FIRE.

Ohhhh and HST.....accidental discharge can be contributed to a number of things....most just plain poor handling of the gun by the human PERIOD. Few if any high quality firearms 'just go off'.

31 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Slice and dice it all you want ....call it what you want. From your article..........

Garcia Zarate has been charged with second-degree murder. That means the prosecution would have to prove he acted with an “abandoned and malignant heart”—that is, that he was recklessly indifferent to the high risk that someone might be killed or that he intended to commit a dangerous felony that could result in someone dying. Second-degree murder in California carries a punishment of 15 years to life in prison. If Garcia Zarate isn’t convicted of second-degree murder, he could be found guilty of manslaughter. Given his prior felonies, his lawyers told me, Garcia Zarate could get a maximum of 17 years if he’s convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

IMO..... the 'system' failed. Five or 6 ship outs, a felone, a rap sheet a mile long....AND THIS ANIMAL WAS  WALKING THE STREETS!!!!!!!!

SMH

The information in the article suggests that the prosecution may have a hard time convicting on second degree murder. One wonders if the charges aren't politically motivated. 

I wonder if the Pennsylvania state trooper and firearms instructor who accidentally killed another trooper during safety training with such a gun is doing any time.

Just now, hst2 said:

The information in the article suggests that the prosecution may have a hard time convicting on second degree murder. One wonders if the charges aren't politically motivated. 

I wonder if the Pennsylvania state trooper and firearms instructor who accidentally killed another trooper during safety training with such a gun is doing any time.

Line one: your kidding right? Are you saying that the ultra-left everything is beautiful politicians have developed a set in SF? Or did they just realize in this case that ....this is one they plain can't ignore and hope it goes away.

Line two: well you seem to have a much better point to start your google search than I do. I am totally unfamiliar with that case. Have fun and let me know how it turns out.

Along those lines. MD recently had a similiar case if you recall. That instructor last I heard is doing time.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Line one: your kidding right? Are you saying that the ultra-left everything is beautiful politicians have developed a set in SF? Or did they just realize in this case that ....this is one they plain can't ignore and hope it goes away.

Line two: well you seem to have a much better point to start your google search than I do. I am totally unfamiliar with that case. Have fun and let me know how it turns out.

Along those lines. MD recently had a similiar case if you recall. That instructor last I heard is doing time.

From what you have read in the article, do you think they have a case?

He got 18 months with all but 60 days suspended.

Edited by hst2

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

from what you have read in the article, do you think they have a case?

Yes. Maybe not for Murder 1 but something of a lessor sort at the least.

BTW as a felon....EVEN IF HE FOUND THE GUN.... IN A RAG as described. As a FELON, he should be well aware that the longer he handled it it....regardless....the worse things could become. Oh and he was high on something.....to bad....if he is that stupid ... then he should be locked up for his own protection. He might do himself harm on a plastic spork  in jail but at least he can me monitored.

So now I will ask you a question; what do YOU think should be done with this pile of doggie doo.

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Yes. Maybe not for Murder 1 but something of a lessor sort at the least.

BTW as a felon....EVEN IF HE FOUND THE GUN.... IN A RAG as described. As a FELON, he should be well aware that the longer he handled it it....regardless....the worse things could become. Oh and he was high on something.....to bad....if he is that stupid ... then he should be locked up for his own protection. He might do himself harm on a plastic spork  in jail but at least he can me monitored.

So now I will ask you a question; what do YOU think should be done with this pile of doggie doo.

If he didn't intend to kill her, and I don't see any evidence that he did, then it isn't any kind of murder. Of course, there may be more to the story and we will find out. 

None of his felonies have anything to do with violence.

If he isn't convicted of murder, I suggest sending him back to Mexico.

16 minutes ago, hst2 said:

From what you have read in the article, do you think they have a case?

He got 18 months with all but 60 days suspended.

Wow.... you mean the courts didn't use him as an example? That they handed out penalties like they do for most thugs. Double wow.....who would have thunk it. ;)

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

If he didn't intend to kill her, and I don't see any evidence that he did, then it isn't any kind of murder. Of course, there may be more to the story and we will find out. 

None of his felonies have anything to do with violence.

If he isn't convicted of murder, I suggest sending him back to Mexico.

And you know for a fact that he didn't intend to kill her? Thank you Kreskin. Ahhhhh maybe he did but he was so f'ed up that he didn't aim straight? Re; murder ...re-read what I wrote.

Sorry a felony is a felony. Regardless.

To only come back again? Wow.....you do live in another dimension.

Hey here is an idea that you might like.....depending how the case goes...how about you invite him to be your roomie. Then you and he can have long discussions about his 'plight' and how unfair life was to him and the mistreatment of minorities....especially illegal one.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Edited by Guido2

26 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And you know for a fact that he didn't intend to kill her? Thank you Kreskin. Ahhhhh maybe he did but he was so f'ed up that he didn't aim straight? Re; murder ...re-read what I wrote.

Sorry a felony is a felony. Regardless.

To only come back again? Wow.....you do live in another dimension.

Hey here is an idea that you might like.....depending how the case goes...how about you invite him to be your roomie. Then you and he can have long discussions about his 'plight' and how unfair life was to him and the mistreatment of minorities....especially illegal one.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Otherwise, I suggest 18 months with all but 60 days suspended. :)

23 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Otherwise, I suggest 18 months with all but 60 days suspended. :)

Ahhh go for it......how about 18 months suspended with time served. ;)

Hey I had an idea.... bet you would like this one;

Two prong approach....something for  you something for me.

How about ALL non-criminal upstanding citizens are issued CCWs regardless of state/local laws.

Now after that we just let all the criminals go free.

Both sides start on equal footing....citizens can REALLY defend themselves. And the poor mistreated criminals especially the minorities get a fresh start on life.

What cha tink?