Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

CIA Operative - Trump Jr. Meeting Has All the Markings of Russian Intelligence Operation

78 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, HowAreWeGoingToPay said:

Well did the lawyer lie about the meeting content?

Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rael said:

Imagine an idiot wannabe big shot celebrity as your president. 

You don't have to imagine, it is reality.  The bigger question though is why did it happen?  More republicans voted against Trump than voted for him in the primaries.  He just happened to get the most votes out of a crowded field.  An even bigger question is how did he win a head to head general election?  The easy answer is that outside of democrats, nobody liked Hillary Clinton.  There is something to that.  But you still have to ask why did someone as inexperienced and as wacky as Trump manage to win the independent vote.  I think it has to do mostly with the building disgust towards politicians.  The Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations each built on the polarization of the electorate and each made promises that went unfulfilled.  People got tired of politicians in general and some welcomed a Washington outsider that might be different.  Well, he is different.  The problem is they backed the wrong outsider.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

You don't have to imagine, it is reality.  The bigger question though is why did it happen?  More republicans voted against Trump than voted for him in the primaries.  He just happened to get the most votes out of a crowded field.  An even bigger question is how did he win a head to head general election?  The easy answer is that outside of democrats, nobody liked Hillary Clinton.  There is something to that.  But you still have to ask why did someone as inexperienced and as wacky as Trump manage to win the independent vote.  I think it has to do mostly with the building disgust towards politicians.  The Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations each built on the polarization of the electorate and each made promises that went unfulfilled.  People got tired of politicians in general and some welcomed a Washington outsider that might be different.  Well, he is different.  The problem is they backed the wrong outsider.  

The polarization you reference has taken a dark turn. Trump has sold his base on the idea of "fake news". Irrespective of the fact if you look at for instance the NYT reporting on this latest business, they've basically been spot on.

Case in point Junior's serial lies about this meeting. A reasonable person would ask why lie if there's no there, there.

If Mueller comes out with thorough evidence of collision, the Trump fans will simply deny it.

When Trump said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and it wouldn't matter to his followers? Turns out he was right.

Edited by ms maggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

There are idiots out there trying to suggest that the whole thing was a democratic party set up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

The polarization you reference has taken a dark turn. Trump has sold his base on the idea of "fake news". Irrespective of the fact if you look at for instance the NYT reporting on this latest business, they've basically been spot on.

Case in point Junior's serial lies about this meeting. A reasonable person would ask why lie if there's no there, there.

If Mueller comes out with thorough evidence of collision, the Trump fans will simply deny it.

When Trump said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and it wouldn't matter to his followers? Turns out he was right.

I won't deny that the polarization within the country has taken a dark turn.  The media has brought some of the distrust on itself, but Trump is exploiting it.  I do believe had that meeting been offered to Clinton, or for that matter anyone else in previous election cycles, they would have explored it.  The difference is that experienced politicians with experienced and knowledgeable campaign staffs would have been able to keep it secret.  Trump's amateur hour campaign staff and family had no clue.  Maybe that's why the Russians approached him.  They knew he was easy pickings.  

As for the Trump supporters, you are right.  They will go down with the ship, defending him all the way.  I know a few people who are Trump backers and they simply won't admit that the guy is not capable of handling the job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

 

I have seen this floated in a few circles.  It is ridiculous and not even logical.  At the time that this happened, Hillary and democrats were thinking they were on the way to a double digit win.  What purpose would this serve?  People did learn something from Watergate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cprenegade said:

You don't have to imagine, it is reality.  The bigger question though is why did it happen?  More republicans voted against Trump than voted for him in the primaries.  He just happened to get the most votes out of a crowded field.  An even bigger question is how did he win a head to head general election?  The easy answer is that outside of democrats, nobody liked Hillary Clinton.  There is something to that.  But you still have to ask why did someone as inexperienced and as wacky as Trump manage to win the independent vote.  I think it has to do mostly with the building disgust towards politicians.  The Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations each built on the polarization of the electorate and each made promises that went unfulfilled.  People got tired of politicians in general and some welcomed a Washington outsider that might be different.  Well, he is different.  The problem is they backed the wrong outsider.  

Part of it came about because of a well planned and well executed Russian influence plan that worked to perfection. Part of it was the ability of a lot of people to be conned in to thinking a billionaire would stand up for the little guy despite mountains of evidence stating otherwise. Part of it is the 10 second attention span of most americans. The country suffers because of it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I have seen this floated in a few circles.  It is ridiculous and not even logical.  At the time that this happened, Hillary and democrats were thinking they were on the way to a double digit win.  What purpose would this serve?  People did learn something from Watergate.  

it may be ridiculous and not even logical, but at least 35% of the people believe it....as long as there are people willing to live in a world of alternative facts (also known as lies), there will be people willing to peddle this bovine excrement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Rolf Mowatt-Larssen is the director of the Intelligence and Defense Project at Harvard’s Belfer Center. He served for three years as director of intelligence and counterintelligence at the Department of Energy and for 23 years as a CIA intelligence officer in domestic and international posts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-jrs-russia-meeting-sure-sounds-like-a-russian-intelligence-operation/2017/07/14/5f7f3dfe-6762-11e7-9928-22d00a47778f_story.html?utm_term=.e448b4c4160c

Not an unreasonable hypothesis but it seems if that were the case they would have thrown out something to keep their interest ......

Anything, even if just a morsel ......

Heck, Kushner left after 7 minutes ......

Unless you are also proposing that was their goal and then they slipped Jr some info ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Not an unreasonable hypothesis but it seems if that were the case they would have thrown out something to keep their interest ......

Anything, even if just a morsel ......

Heck, Kushner left after 7 minutes ......

Unless you are also proposing that was their goal and then they slipped Jr some info ......

there are two pages of info the lawyer brought that is unaccounted for....

also, I am fairly certain the Russians also provided jr. with some tips about how to keep any other transactions out of view....like using the back channel communications Kushner wanted to set up.....

 

Edited by can you hear me now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Not an unreasonable hypothesis but it seems if that were the case they would have thrown out something to keep their interest ......

Anything, even if just a morsel ......

Heck, Kushner left after 7 minutes ......

Unless you are also proposing that was their goal and then they slipped Jr some info ......

How can you possibly think that we  know what went on in that meeting?
 

Quote

 

Russian-American lobbyist says Russian lawyer presented documents in Trump Jr. meeting

Rinat Akhmetshin, a Russian-American lobbyist who served in the Soviet military, told The Associated Press on Friday that the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, presented documents that she believed detailed the flow of illicit funds to the Democratic National Committee...

Akhmetshin said Trump Jr. then asked whether she had evidence to back up the assertion, to which Veselnitskaya said the campaign would have to do more research on the subject. That's when Trump Jr. lost interest, Akhmetshin said.

"They couldn't wait for the meeting to end," he said, adding that he believes she left the documents with the Trump associates but that it was unclear whether she handed the documents to one of the three men or left them in the room.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rinat-akhmetshin-trump-jr-meeting-russia-documents-2017-7

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cameron said:

How can you possibly think that we  know what went on in that meeting?
 

 

I can't read your stuff from business insider because I refuse to turn off my adblocker. Is there another link to this .??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Russian IC is brilliant.  They must have influenced the Democrats to nominate Hillary, which is why we have President Trump today.  Otherwise, the Democrats themselves have only themselves to thank. 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I can't read your stuff from business insider because I refuse to turn off my adblocker. Is there another link to this .??

AP?
 

Quote

 

Veselnitskaya brought with her a plastic folder with printed-out documents that detailed what she believed was the flow of illicit funds to the Democrats, Akhmetshin said. Veselnitskaya presented the contents of the documents to the Trump associates and suggested that making the information public could help the campaign, he said.

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a/Russian-American-lobbyist-says-he-was-in-Trump-son's-meeting

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cameron said:

AP?
 

 

Thanks

So without the folder that no one seems to know what happened to it, what information was exchanged.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

Thanks

So without the folder that no one seems to know what happened to it, what information was exchanged.??

We don't know.

We sure can't believe a word out of Junior's mouth.

And the Russian lady lawyer didn't tell us about these documents.

And this guy's supposed to be some kind of spy.

Who knows?  :D

In any event, I think this meeting is not the iceberg, but just the tip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

We don't know.

We sure can't believe a word out of Junior's mouth.

And the Russian lady lawyer didn't tell us about these documents.

And this guy's supposed to be some kind of spy.

Who knows?  :D

In any event, I think this meeting is not the iceberg, but just the tip.

 

She had the folder in her hand with the documents. If she didn't say, how did the AP know it contained information about money going to Clinton.??

Maybe they have the folder ..???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

She had the folder in her hand with the documents. If she didn't say, how did the AP know it contained information about money going to Clinton.??

Maybe they have the folder ..???

Didn't you ask me for an alternative link to the Business Insider so you could read the article?

Didn't I go to the trouble of providing a link to the AP so you could read the article?

Go read the article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

We don't know.

We sure can't believe a word out of Junior's mouth.

And the Russian lady lawyer didn't tell us about these documents.

And this guy's supposed to be some kind of spy.

Who knows?  :D

In any event, I think this meeting is not the iceberg, but just the tip.

 

At some point you have to define the word, "spy."  All diplomats are spies.  Our ambassador to Russia is expected to keep Russian secrets from the government he serves?  I don't think so.  Neither do I expect Russian diplomats to withhold information from their superiors.  It has always been this way and did not begin when Michigan betrayed Hillary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cameron said:

Didn't you ask me for an alternative link to the Business Insider so you could read the article?

Didn't I go to the trouble of providing a link to the AP so you could read the article?

Go read the article. 

I did. She doesn't know what happened to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I did. She doesn't know what happened to it.

Will you please quote the part that says that?

I didn't know she ever even mentioned the documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jdsample said:

At some point you have to define the word, "spy."  All diplomats are spies.  Our ambassador to Russia is expected to keep Russian secrets from the government he serves?  I don't think so.  Neither do I expect Russian diplomats to withhold information from their superiors.  It has always been this way and did not begin when Michigan betrayed Hillary. 

For starters, I didn't know he was any kind of diplomat, but if you want to conclude he's a spy, it's okay by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

For starters, I didn't know he was any kind of diplomat, but if you want to conclude he's a spy, it's okay by me.

Thankyou for adding valuable information to the discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Thankyou for adding valuable information to the discussion. 

You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

Thanks

So without the folder that no one seems to know what happened to it, what information was exchanged.??

Let's ask Junior. Cuz he'll tell the truth, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0